HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Lightning fire Boucher - link (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1383941)

PSLguy 03-24-2013 09:09 AM

Lightning fire Boucher - link

www.rawcharge.com

Mixed feelings on Lightning board.

RainingRats 03-24-2013 11:04 AM

This is a few weeks late to save their season. Can't say I'm surprised. I'm afraid they're going to get Lindy Ruff.

Laus723 03-24-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainingRats (Post 62285751)
This is a few weeks late to save their season. Can't say I'm surprised. I'm afraid they're going to get Lindy Ruff.

Friend works for the Lightning and is a big fan, hes seriously hoping no Ruff. And I'm hoping he does go there, overrated!!

Probably gonna bring up Cooper, if they feel he's ready.

RainingRats 03-24-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laus723 (Post 62285909)
Friend works for the Lightning and is a big fan, hes seriously hoping no Ruff. And I'm hoping he does go there, overrated!!

Probably gonna bring up Cooper, if they feel he's ready.

From what I read those are the two candidates but the vets want a more veteran coach so that's a factor. Apparently the vets started to tune out Boucher. Whoever it is, we need them to start winning some games.

Laus723 03-24-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainingRats (Post 62286047)
From what I read those are the two candidates but the vets want a more veteran coach so that's a factor. Apparently the vets started to tune out Boucher. Whoever it is, we need them to start winning some games.

Cooper is great with the kids, he'd have to get some great help around him, though. Still, team is a mess.

FlaPnthrsPunk 03-24-2013 11:19 AM

This news really surprised me, but I guess they're in desperation mode here. Really doesn't make sense when their playoff hopes in a shortened strange season are remotely gone. I think he was far from the issue that they're having in Tampa.

He brought them one game from the Stanley Cup Finals two years ago. Besides two years ago since their Stanley Cup win in '04, they've always had the same problem. Horrible goaltending for one, which I don't know why they thought a young still unproven goaltender in Lindback would save them. Their defense has been a bit improved, but overall they have an offensive defense. Besides their top players of Stamkos, St. Louis, and Lecavalier and I guess you can maybe throw in Purcell and Malone to the mix, the rest of the forwards aren't going to score often.

Until they fix these holes, no coach is going to help them become top contenders. This may make them better for the remainder of the season, which is good for us and would help our chances with the rank. It's fine with me if these issues keep happening as they'll still be in a division with us next season.

Mogo 03-24-2013 11:30 AM

Shouldnt this be in news around the nhl