HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Official Trade Deadline Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1383963)

FLAMES666 03-24-2013 10:06 AM

Official Trade Deadline Thread

So this is arguably one of the most interesting trade deadlines the Flames will be approaching. Thought I would make a thread for all trade deadline talk leading up to the big day. Who should be moved, who you want to be moved and so on:

UFA:
Iginla
Cervenka
Comeau
Mcgratten
Begin
Babchuk

Potential trade bait signed next season:
Stempniak
Cammaleri
Stajan
Jackman
Bouwmeester
Giordano
Sarich
Kipper

Let the rebuild begin............

FlamesFreak4 03-24-2013 10:40 AM

Trade at Deadline;
Iginla, Cammalleri, Giordano, Stempniak, Sarich.

Let Walk;
Comeau, Begin, Babchuk

Trade in off-season;
Kiprusoff, Jackman

Keep/Re-sign;
Bouwmeester, Stajan, Cervenka, McGrattan.

DBU 03-24-2013 10:43 AM

We have to cash in on some of our assets. Stempniak and Comeau are the frontrunners in my opinion. One of Giordano or Bouwmeester should be moved as well. And then of course there's Jarome. Sad to say that he should be traded as well, so he cna find success elsewhere. He deserves it.

Other candidates IMO include Kipper, Cervenka, Sarich, and Stajan.

Volica 03-24-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBU (Post 62285009)
We have to cash in on some of our assets. Stempniak and Comeau are the frontrunners in my opinion. One of Giordano or Bouwmeester should be moved as well. And then of course there's Jarome. Sad to say that he should be traded as well, so he cna find success elsewhere. He deserves it.

Other candidates IMO include Kipper, Cervenka, Sarich, and Stajan.

I agree with this.
I don't think there's a team in the NHL that'll take Cervenka or Sarich for anything meaningful. Kipper's had a terribly down season too.

Honestly, I'd rather have Kipper here next year if Calgary brings in Ramo; just get him back into the NHL mindset, be a big time backup, maybe go 50/50 with Ramo to give him the reigns in 14-15. That's unless there's some team that really thinks that his goaltending, which has been in all honesty sub-par this year, can really help them out and a king's random is given; then move Kipper.
No point in moving him for like a second round pick.

TheGaudfather 03-24-2013 12:36 PM

I was thinking about trading Iginla a few years back. I felt like it would be the end of the world. This morning I kind of got excited thinking about the prospects coming back in a trade and the deadline deals that the Flames could make for good return. It is somewhat like xmas. Of course it all depends on Feaster being a seller at deadline.

As for Iggy, I would be excited to finally get to cheer for a team in the playoffs again just because he is on that team. Boston/Pitts are obvious teams that we would agree on to follow closely during the playoffs. Could have some excitement this spring.

Oh and as much as I want the FLames to win, I hope they don't before the deadline... #FreeIggy lol

Grannys 03-24-2013 12:41 PM

If they finally trade Iginla... I wonder who will be the next captain of this team? I honestly dont see anyone in the current lineup who could take the C (which most likely will be the case), dont expect any young kid to come in and snatch it... Wonder if we eventually trade for someone who could fill this role.

Noori 03-24-2013 12:58 PM

Someone on CP brought this up but the 1st we'd get back in an Iginla would only be slightly higher than the 2nd given up in the Cammy deal. I'm getting more and more uncomfortable at the thought of Feaster carrying out a rebuild.

timekeep 03-24-2013 01:08 PM

Does Feaster have a chance of winning an Iggy trade?

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...d-ok-trade-to/

Flamesfan13 03-24-2013 01:13 PM

Does anyone else have the feeling that if iggy wins a cup with another team that he would wanna come back to calgary in the summer and go through with a rebuild?

DBU 03-24-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timekeep (Post 62291205)
Does Feaster have a chance of winning an Iggy trade?

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...d-ok-trade-to/

I'll be honest - in my mind, the team that wins the trade will be the team getting Iginla. How can they not be? Barring an unbelievable return, the Flames will get back a package that may be equivalent to Iginla in terms of perceived value, but he's worth so much more to this city than just a package of players/picks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flamesfan13 (Post 62291479)
Does anyone else have the feeling that if iggy wins a cup with another team that he would wanna come back to calgary in the summer and go through with a rebuild?

I could see it happening.

TheHudlinator 03-24-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noori (Post 62290691)
Someone on CP brought this up but the 1st we'd get back in an Iginla would only be slightly higher than the 2nd given up in the Cammy deal. I'm getting more and more uncomfortable at the thought of Feaster carrying out a rebuild.

If we move Cammy for a 1st (fairly realistic) then we upgrade the 2nd to a 1st. Not quiet sure how you can blame him more moving a 2nd with out seeing how Ramo does and what deals he does before the deadline.

FlamingTelepath 03-24-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miokid (Post 62289497)
Honestly, I'd rather have Kipper here next year if Calgary brings in Ramo; just get him back into the NHL mindset, be a big time backup, maybe go 50/50 with Ramo to give him the reigns in 14-15. That's unless there's some team that really thinks that his goaltending, which has been in all honesty sub-par this year, can really help them out and a king's random is given; then move Kipper.
No point in moving him for like a second round pick.

Agreed. Another guy in a lot of trade proposals who I'd like to keep around is Cammalleri. Trade him at next year's deadline if the team still sucks but I would very much like to enter 2013/14 with at least one legit top line goal scorer. Glencross is not quite one and Sven is not one yet.

Iggy, JBo/Gio and possibly Stempniak are the ones on the block this year IMO. I'm sure some peripheral guys will be gone as well for contract limit reasons. Exciting times...

FlamingTelepath 03-24-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noori (Post 62290691)

We got rid of Rene Bourque in that deal. You can't put a pricetag on that.

Noori 03-24-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHudlinator (Post 62292535)
If we move Cammy for a 1st (fairly realistic) then we upgrade the 2nd to a 1st. Not quiet sure how you can blame him more moving a 2nd with out seeing how Ramo does and what deals he does before the deadline.

Agreed, we can probably get a better pick in moving Cammy, but I don't think the organization wants to trade him.

As for Ramo, I hope he pans out. But this organization has a habit of hyping mediocre talent.

It's tough to evaluate the deal yet. Cammy has put up points but I just don't see him contributing when he's not scoring. He's pretty bad defensively and not very strong on the puck. I'd really like to see him traded to whichever team misses out on Iginla.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlamingTelepath (Post 62292805)
We got rid of Rene Bourque in that deal. You can't put a pricetag on that.

True. Though he has been better this season.

Trae 03-24-2013 02:23 PM

It's hard to believe, but Stajan holds actual value IRL, not on HF of course, I'd like to keep him around though, he's grown on me.

As for what to do:

Trade:
- Iginla
- 1 of Bouw/Gio
- Stempniak
- 1 of Cammy/Tangs
- Kipper (maybe hold onto him until summer/draft)
- Jackman
- Comeau (anything, please.. conditionals?)
- Any or all of Babchuk/Sarich/Smith

I don't think anyone will take Cervenka, Glencross seems like the type who wouldn't waive his clause (too close to home and discounted deal), and I wouldn't mind keeping Hudler around.

InfinityIggy 03-24-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trae (Post 62295313)
It's hard to believe, but Stajan holds actual value IRL, not on HF of course, I'd like to keep him around though, he's grown on me.

Me too. Oddly enough, he has been one of the guys to step up as a bit of a leader this year.

TheHudlinator 03-24-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfinityIggy (Post 62295435)
Me too. Oddly enough, he has been one of the guys to step up as a bit of a leader this year.

Can I finally say I told you guys so with Stajan? :laugh:

FLAMES666 03-24-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Mark Spector Sports ‏@SportsnetSpec
Just told Flames GM Jay Feaster sent an email to 29 GMs informing Anton Babchuk and Cory Sarich are available. Both have NTCs.
Feasters big move!!

Body Checker 03-24-2013 04:07 PM

Looks like Brenden Morrow to Pens, believed Joe Morrow is involved.

So that counters the HF kool aid once again, Pens fans saying Joe Morrow is going nowhere.

Fans have to realize the ultimate goal is the Cup followed by playoff revenue.

Body Checker 03-24-2013 04:08 PM

King and owners won't allow it but Flames should sit Iginla in anticipation of trade.

He has checked out already based on his listless play so why risk injury to an asset?

Yes he's an icon and he is one of my favorite Flames of all time but this is a business for us now when your close to last place.

Calculon 03-24-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLAMES666 (Post 62300197)
Feasters big move!!

Well, it's official - they're selling.

Hopefully though, the deals involve more than just Sarich, Babchuk and Iginla.

Trae 03-24-2013 05:37 PM

I would like to see Giordano go to LA instead of Iginla, he seems like just the type of defenseman that they need and would excel in Sutter's system (again? Kind of...). Gotta think Daryl would push for him if made available.

InfinityIggy 03-24-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHudlinator (Post 62296499)
Can I finally say I told you guys so with Stajan? :laugh:

Hey man, I was one of the guys who thought he was getting misused under Sutter. :nod:

TheHudlinator 03-24-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfinityIggy (Post 62310767)
Hey man, I was one of the guys who thought he was getting misused under Sutter. :nod:

That's true (hard to remember with the new picture :laugh:) so can we say we told you so?

TheGaudfather 03-24-2013 06:10 PM

Best case scenario:

Iggy gets traded for good return.
Wins cup
Signs back in Calgary at discount in off season
Flames meanwhile heavily retool
Flames make playoffs next year
Flames win the Sta... jk

There is no way that Iggy isn't trade within the next 7-10 days.