HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Montreal/Colorado (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1384371)

Intangiblezzz 03-24-2013 07:46 PM

Montreal/Colorado

To Montreal:
Cody McLeod
Shane O'Brien

To Colorado:
Yannick Weber
Colby Armstrong
3rd round pick

Good or bad? Montreal adds size on the 4th line and a big defenseman that can play a shutdown role on the bottom pairing. Colorado doesnt lose anything major and gains a mid pick, young offensive D-man with potential and a winger that can play on the 3rd or 4th line.

Lonewolfe2015 03-24-2013 07:53 PM

Why do we do this? Just don't see anything worth losing McLeod over.

BigHabs 03-24-2013 08:17 PM

I'd be interested in O'Brien alone.

Seems like someone MB would look at. Wants to get big and tougher. He also is keen on not taking UFAs, O'Brien with more years could be something MB would want.

Greenstickytoes* 03-24-2013 08:44 PM

no thanks, ill pass big time!

Pierce Hawthorne 03-24-2013 08:47 PM

No reason for the Avs to do this. Obrien is actually playing pretty good for the Avs, at least compared to Zanon, Hunwick, and Obyrne.

And McCleod is having a very good year, possibly his best with the Avs.

Just don't see any reason for the Avs to make this deal.

Intangiblezzz 03-24-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenstickytoes (Post 62321901)
no thanks, ill pass big time!

Can I ask why? If anything its a bad trade for the Avs not Montreal.

glenbuis 03-24-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup (Post 62323791)

Is McCleod a real heavyweight?, is he a liability on the ice?, What would it take for Montreal to get him? And what about Bordeleau?

dahrougem2 03-24-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup (Post 62323791)

Lol so you create the proposal, then say its a bad trade for the Avs?

As others have stated, the Avs don't do this. There is no need for Colby Armstrong, and we have two offensive defenseman in the system who have NHL experience, we don't need Yannick Weber. The 3rd isn't that enticing when its near the 80-90 range rather than the 61-70 range

Treb 03-24-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenbuis (Post 62331565)
Is McCleod a real heavyweight?, is he a liability on the ice?, What would it take for Montreal to get him? And what about Bordeleau?

No, but he can hold his own. No, he's a great 4th liner. AFAIK Colorado wants to keep him, so overpayment. Bordeleau doesn't have much value, so Colorado will probably keep him.

Intangiblezzz 03-24-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dahrougem2 (Post 62332135)
Lol so you create the proposal, then say its a bad trade for the Avs?

As others have stated, the Avs don't do this. There is no need for Colby Armstrong, and we have two offensive defenseman in the system who have NHL experience, we don't need Yannick Weber. The 3rd isn't that enticing when its near the 80-90 range rather than the 61-70 range

I meant because of the comments and reactions by Avs fans. I obviously dont think its a bad proposal if I proposed it.

Im sure Weber can be better than O'Byrne, Zanon and at this point, Elliot. The only reason he isnt playing in Montreal is because they are already small as it is with Diaz, Bouillon and Markov. Armstrong can replace McLeod to a certain extent. Not as tough but can play a solid 4th line game. The 3rd is always good to have. May not be the highest pick but especially this year, take all the picks you can get.

Lonewolfe2015 03-24-2013 10:56 PM

Just nothing worth moving our depth over in that offer. No need to bring in Weber, he shouldn't have a roster spot here either, but sadly our team feels the need to bury our young defenders and let terrible vets get roster spots.

McLeod has been a good PKer for us this year, good with the kids, goes through a wall for his teammates and chipped in a bit offensively. O'Brien could be a workable third pairing guy in the future and seems to be good for the locker room.

It's just a case where the guys don't have enough value to garner a big asset and we have no reason to lose them for fair value right now.

dahrougem2 03-25-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup (Post 62335729)
I meant because of the comments and reactions by Avs fans. I obviously dont think its a bad proposal if I proposed it.

Im sure Weber can be better than O'Byrne, Zanon and at this point, Elliot. The only reason he isnt playing in Montreal is because they are already small as it is with Diaz, Bouillon and Markov. Armstrong can replace McLeod to a certain extent. Not as tough but can play a solid 4th line game. The 3rd is always good to have. May not be the highest pick but especially this year, take all the picks you can get.

Unless Weber is going to magically turn this powerplay into the best one in the league, then there is no point in making this deal because McLeod is better than Armstrong and O'Brien has been the best of the fatal four. Now, if you're willing to remove O'Brien and take both Matt Hunwick and Greg Zanon than I will gladly part with Cody McLeod lol, you can even remove the 3rd

ottawa 03-25-2013 01:17 AM

Habs say yes

S E P H 03-25-2013 01:29 AM

Can we just do SoB for Weber? Seems fair tbh.

Halifaxhab* 03-25-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S E P H (Post 62345531)

SOLD!

And for McLeod, I'd offer White + 3rd or just MTL 2nd straight up. He would work well in MTL. (BTW, I've thought he was awesome since he threw that octopus back at the fans in the playoffs years ago...just too funny)

El_Loco_Avs 03-25-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S E P H (Post 62345531)

Would they maybe take Zanon instead? :sarcasm:

DRL 03-25-2013 10:02 AM

Counter. McLeod and sob for a 2nd & 3rd. Avs don't need plugs for players. Picks will do though

Pax Macioretty 03-25-2013 12:08 PM

We have our own Mcloed in Prust, we could badly use Bordeleau though.

Habsterix* 03-25-2013 12:23 PM

O'Brien in Montreal... nite life... bars... a match made in heaven! :shakehead

Galchenyuk4habs 03-25-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxpac (Post 62357685)
We have our own Mcloed in Prust, we could badly use Bordeleau though.

This is true, I'd acquire Bordeleau for a 3rd just to play him on the 4rth line vs Toronto and Bruins and maybe both if we play them in the playoffs. He'd be very useful, Boston will be playing like ballerina's again(like they play vs Toronto). And Bordeleau can take care of Orr/Mclaren as Prust is fighting way out of his weight class. But I've posted a thread about this before, Avalanche fans really like Bordeleau and want to keep him.

Halifaxhab* 03-25-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galchenyuk4habs (Post 62358553)
This is true, I'd acquire Bordeleau for a 3rd just to play him on the 4rth line vs Toronto and Bruins and maybe both if we play them in the playoffs. He'd be very useful, Boston will be playing like ballerina's again(like they play vs Toronto). And Bordeleau can take care of Orr/Mclaren as Prust is fighting way out of his weight class. But I've posted a thread about this before, Avalanche fans really like Bordeleau and want to keep him.

I wouldn't offer more than a 5th, if anything at all. Especially if he is only there to play 5mins a game against only certain teams. At least with McLeod he can play 10 mins a game in any situation and offer some grit and toughness without being a defensive liability. Even if McLeod is a similar style to Prust...how is that a bad thing?

Galchenyuk4habs 03-25-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halifaxhab (Post 62359545)
I wouldn't offer more than a 5th, if anything at all. Especially if he is only there to play 5mins a game against only certain teams. At least with McLeod he can play 10 mins a game in any situation and offer some grit and toughness without being a defensive liability. Even if McLeod is a similar style to Prust...how is that a bad thing?

I love Prust, but I don't want him to fight Fraser, Finley and Lucic again.

[EDIT]: If Mike Brown got a 4th round pick and Kassian got a 6th round pick. I'm guessing you're right and a 5th would do, but a 5th won't do with the fans. Maybe the GM.

RoyIsALegend 03-25-2013 01:04 PM

What in the world do we want with either of Yannick Weber or Colby Armstrong?

Ivan13 03-25-2013 01:18 PM

As a fan of both I can safely say that Armstrong sucks, McLeod is better than he is at pretty much everything, you can think of Cody as a poor mans Brandon Prust on a pretty good contract. I can't see Colorado moving him. As for SoB, he's the only bottom pairing defenseman on the Avs I wouldn't mind keeping, plus he and MTL night life are a terrible fit. There's no deal to be made here.