Yandle Bars 7 Round Mock Draft (2 rounds compelted)
I apologize on the look of this right now, I did all of this on a notepad on my computer.
I used about 4/5 mock drafts and based it on needs, any correction(s)/opinions would be appreciated.
The other 5 rounds will be posted soon
1. Florida - Jonathan Drouin
2. Colorado - Seth Jones
3. Buffalo - Nathan Mackinnon
4. Washington- Valeri Nichuskin
5. Tampa Bay - Alexander Barkov
6. Calgary - Sean Monahan
7. Dallas - Hunter Shinkaruk
8. Philedelphia - Darnell Nurse
9. Columbus - Nikita Zadorov
10. Nashville - Elias Lindholm
11. Edmonton - Rasmus Ristolainen
12. Columbus (LAK) - Max Domi
13. Islanders - Curtis Lazar
14. Phoenix - Bo Horvat
15. San Jose - Ryan Pulock
16. Carolina - Fredrick Gauthier
17. New Jersey - Anthony Mantha
18. Vancouver - Adam Erne
19. Toronto - Josh Morrissey
20. Columbus (NYR) - Zachary Fucale
21. Winnipeg - Valentin Zykov
22. Minnesota - Alexander Wennberg
23. Detroit - Kerby Rychel
24. St. Louis - Andre Burakovsky
25. Ottawa - Robert Hagg
26. Boston - Ryan Hartman
27. Montreal - Anthony Duclair
28. Anaheim - William Carrier
29. Pittsburgh - Artturi Lehkonen
30. Chicago - Mirco Mueller
31. Florida - Connor Hurley
32. Colorado - JC Lipon
33. Buffalo - JT Compher
34. Washington - Jacob de La Rose
35. Tampa Bay - Shea Theodore
36. Montreal (CGY) - Jason Dickinson
37. Dallas - Juuso Ikonen
38. Philadelphia - Eric Comrie
39. Columbus - Morgan Klimchuk
40. Montreal (NSH) - Michael McCarron
41. Edmonton - Steve Santini
42. Los Angeles - Hudson Fasching
43. Anaheim (NYI) - Nicholas Petan
44. Phoenix - Oliver Bjorkstrand
45. San Jose - Tyler Hill
46. Carolina - Nick Sorensen
47. New Jersey - Chris Bigras
48. Vancouver - Ian McCoshen
49. Toronto - Zack Nastaiuk
50. New York Rangers - Pavel Buchnevich
51. Winnipeg - Tristan Jarry
52. Minnesota - Samuel Morin
53. Detroit - Marko Dano
54. St. Louis - Eric Roy
55. St. Louis (OTT) - Ryan Kujawinski
56. Boston - Jimmy Lodge
57. Montreal - Laurent Dauphin
58. Anaheim - Jackson Houck
59. Pittsburgh - Spencer Martin
60. Winnipeg (CHI) - Madison Bowey
Be prepared for the blast of negative comments regarding the 9th pick. If you remember during RR, Water Knight, and mine's first mock draft, I took Zadorov over Lindholm and it was a ****-storm!!
So yeah, get your umbrella ready. :laugh:
Stars take Lindholm at 7th if he's there. Fills the biggest need we have - a legit blue-chipper, and he just happens to play center, our weakest position.
Not terrible, but I came away with a couple thoughts:
I think there's no way Lindholm drops to 10th. Just don't see it happening.
Comrie seemed slightly high, but I understand the need.
Ikonen is a bit high as well.
I think Bowey is more likely to go in the 35-50 range
Most of that is just personal opinion though. Good luck with the rest of the draft!
Columbus takes Lindholm over Zadarov, and theres no way they select a goalie in the first round. Wennberg Hagg or Hartman, possibly even Mueller if falls that far.
Adam Erne is the Sharks' guy at 15 if he's there. Not that I'd bee upset with Pulock, but I really like Erne and he fits a need.
As for the second rounder, no way in hell do they touch Tyler Hill. Finally this org is getting away from over-valuing size and physicality in the early rounds. My guy at 45 would Laurent Dauphin.
Other outstanding issues would be:
Don't think Washington passes on Barkov. They need a big two-way #2C behind Backstrom and Barkov would be perfect. Tampa would take Nichushkin there, I think.
No way Columbus passes on Lindholm for Zadorov. They need an elite forward, not another shutdown D. Also think they'd take Erne and Wennberg for the other two picks. Walking away with Lindholm, Erne, and Wennberg added to their young group of Johansen, Atkinson, Anisimov, Dubinsky, Erixon, Murray, Jenner, Moore, Savard, Nikitin, Johnson, and Bobrovsky would set them up nicely.
Don't see Horvat going top-15. He's a great two-way player, but he doesn't have the upside to warrant a draft position like that.
I have a really tough time believing Detroit would take Rychel over Burakovsky or Hägg.
Don't see JC Lipon as a 2nd round, let alone at 32. Think he's a 3rd rounder at best.
And lastly, no way Bowey falls to 60. Kid's got tons of upside.
Good read though, thanks. :)
Like everyone else said: Lindholm goes higher than 10. Bowey is closer to the 1st round than he is to the 3rd. He'll be gone by 45.
Columbus doesn't take Fucale
This is pretty bad
I based most of this on needs.
I think i'll redo this for more realistic picks.
Love Morrissey to the Leafs in the 1st, don't like the Nastaiuk in the 2nd. Would much prefer Lodge.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 PM.|
vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.