HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Dallas - Montreal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1384939)

Kunta Kinte 03-25-2013 11:45 AM

Dallas - Montreal

Hey, its my first proposal, so feel free to gauge my eyes til it pop out if its terrible.

To Montreal:

Lou Eriksson

To Dallas:

Brendan Gallagher
Nathan Beaulieu
CGY 2nd round pick
MTL 2nd round pick

Sony Eriksson* 03-25-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick Eller (Post 62359767)
Hey, its my first proposal, so feel free to gauge my eyes til it pop out if its terrible.

To Montreal:

Lou Eriksson

To Dallas:

Brendan Gallagher
Nathan Beaulieu
CGY 2nd round pick
MTL 2nd round pick

Please stop! Eriksson is not gonna be moved let alone for anything resembling that offer!

Galchenyuk4habs 03-25-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

To Montreal:

Lou Eriksson

To Dallas:

Brendan Gallagher
Nathan Beaulieu
CGY 2nd round pick
MTL 2nd round pick

You do realise that Eriksson has the same amount of goals and 3 assists more than Gallagher while, Gallagher has played 4 less games, and is +9 contrary to Eriksson's -2, in his rookie season?

The only problem I have with Gallagher is his size, everything else is there, heart, skill, etc. I wouldn't trade him yet tho, 20$ he gets 20+goals next season.

Galchenyuk4habs 03-25-2013 11:53 AM

Brendan Gallagher is the next Brad Marchand with more skill/less cheapness.

Jack de la Hoya 03-25-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

To Montreal:

Lou Eriksson

To Dallas:

Brendan Gallagher
Nathan Beaulieu
CGY 2nd round pick
MTL 2nd round pick

I don't think that the value is terrible.

Early responses seem to suggest that neither side is blown away, which probably means you've got something approaching a reasonable proposal.

CGY's 2nd is nearly a late 1st, particularly in this draft.

A lot of the reaction will depend on how people value Gallagher.

northstarnicky 03-25-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

To Montreal:

Lou Eriksson

To Dallas:

Brendan Gallagher
Nathan Beaulieu
CGY 2nd round pick
MTL 2nd round pick

Not the worst proposal out there, that's for sure.

As a Leaf fan who watches a lot of the Canadien's games, I would be hesitant to move Gallagher. Love his game. As a 20 yr old who plays with attitude, how do you replace that in say 6 to 8 years. Just saying, I would not include him. Way too much upside.

Eriksson plays way too passively IMO. Like his points, but not his intangibles. Love Gallagher's intangibles. You cannot teach those.

Ross Rhea* 03-25-2013 11:54 AM

goddamnit Brooks.

Chacal667 03-25-2013 11:54 AM

I dont know eriksson enough to judge your proposal but does he woth that much ?
I mean I think u gave a lot..

Sony Eriksson* 03-25-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galchenyuk4habs (Post 62360151)
You sir, no nothing about hockey. MTL get's ripped off big time in this offer.

If you say so! A top 2-way player on a hell of a contract trumps this offer. You like your guy keep him and we will keep Eriksson.

DKQ 03-25-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galchenyuk4habs (Post 62360117)
You do realise that Eriksson has the same amount of goals and 3 assists more than Gallagher while, Gallagher has played 4 less games, and is +9 contrary to Eriksson's -2, in his rookie season?

The only problem I have with Gallagher is his size, everything else is there, heart, skill, etc. I wouldn't trade him yet tho, 20$ he gets 20+goals next season.

:facepalm:

Did you really just say Gallagher is almost as good a player as Eriksson? Eriksson has scored 70+ points in each of the last three seasons, something only St. Louis, Stamkos, Thornton, Kopitar, Staal and H. Sedin have done as well. That's pretty elite company. Gallagher is a good rookie, but comparing his very small sample size to Eriksson's worst statistical season in 3 years is the wrong way to go

Sony Eriksson* 03-25-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKQ (Post 62360623)
:facepalm:

Did you really just say Gallagher is almost as good a player as Eriksson? Eriksson has scored 70+ points in each of the last three seasons, something only St. Louis, Stamkos, Thornton, Kopitar, Staal and H. Sedin have done as well. That's pretty elite company. Gallagher is a good rookie, but comparing his very small sample size to Eriksson's worst statistical season in 3 years is the wrong way to go

This x10

northstarnicky 03-25-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tattoo (Post 62360467)
If you say so! A top 2-way player on a hell of a contract trumps this offer. You like your guy keep him and we will keep Eriksson.

Not a fan of either team, but you seriously think that Eriksson is worth more than the original poster proposed? Have you watched Gallagher at all? I like Eriksson as well, but a slight overpayment from the Canadien's in that deal IMO.

Gallagher is a hell of a two way player with heart and nastiness. Oh, did I mention he is 20 years old?

Sony Eriksson* 03-25-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northstarnicky (Post 62360747)
Not a fan of either team, but you seriously think that Eriksson is worth more than the original poster proposed? Have you watched Gallagher at all? I like Eriksson as well, but way overpayment from the Canadien's in that deal IMO.

Gallagher is a hell of a two way player with heart and nastiness. Oh, did I mention he is 20 years old?

Read the post i quoted!

Galchenyuk4habs 03-25-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tattoo (Post 62360467)

I wouldn't mind trading Gallagher+Mtl's 2nd round pick for Eriksson. But Beaulieu, a former 17th overall pick in 2011?A PMD with size and toughness.. A near 1rst round pick in a draft that will be similar to the 2003 one. And another pick? Eriksson is over-valued.

Sony Eriksson* 03-25-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galchenyuk4habs (Post 62360883)
I wouldn't mind trading Gallagher+Mtl's 2nd round pick for Eriksson. But Beaulieu, a former 17th overall pick in 2011?A PMD with size and toughness.. A near 1rst round pick in a draft that will be similar to the 2003 one. And another pick? Eriksson is over-valued.

Once any of those players hit 3 seasons in a row with 70+ points like Eriksson has while playing on a ****** team please let us know. Also when they are mentioned as one of the best 2-way players in the league like Eriksson is make it a point to speak up.

DKQ 03-25-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galchenyuk4habs (Post 62360883)

A near 1st round pick? Last I checked you guys were leading your division...

Galchenyuk4habs 03-25-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKQ (Post 62361017)
A near 1st round pick? Last I checked you guys were leading your division...

I was talking about Calgary's 2nd

Kunta Kinte 03-25-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tattoo (Post 62359985)
Please stop! Eriksson is not gonna be moved let alone for anything resembling that offer!

You might be right.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/lnh/les-rum...a-lnh-1.602223

They are saying that Stars are trying to move Nystrom, Jagr, Roy or Eriksson.

DKQ 03-25-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galchenyuk4habs (Post 62361097)
I was talking about Calgary's 2nd

My bad, I misunderstood since you began talking about just Eriksson+MTL 2nd. Still, the OP's offer is pretty fair value for Dallas, but I don't see why they would downgrade from Eriksson to Gallagher for some 2nd round picks, especially since they have an older roster that is built to win sooner than when Gallagher will enter his prime.

Kunta Kinte 03-25-2013 12:12 PM

Like I said, I'm not very familiar with Dallas, I remember watching their game and loving the way Eriksson can play. He is versatile.

I thought giving them a winger like Gallagher, a good PMD prospect in Beaulieu, a draft pick (31-40 range) and another one (55-60), wouldn't be bad.

Chacal667 03-25-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKQ (Post 62361281)
My bad, I misunderstood since you began talking about just Eriksson+MTL 2nd. Still, the OP's offer is pretty fair value for Dallas, but I don't see why they would downgrade from Eriksson to Gallagher for some 2nd round picks, especially since they have an older roster that is built to win sooner than when Gallagher will enter his prime.

Maybe to make sure that they finish in last position, idk if they could get some better prospect but if they trade eriksson without increasing their roster, they increase their chance to get an high pick

Sony Eriksson* 03-25-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick Eller (Post 62361245)
You might be right.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/lnh/les-rum...a-lnh-1.602223

They are saying that Stars are trying to move Nystrom, Jagr, Roy or Eriksson.

That is not what it says!

It says the following:
The Dallas Stars Are rebuilding mode?

After exchanging Brenden Morrow Sunday, the Dallas Stars would be tempted to have other players, Jaromir Jagr, Derek Roy and Eric Nystrom, and perhaps even Loui Eriksson.

Swedish 27-year harvested 25 or more goals in his last four seasons. He has three years on his contract due to $ 4.25 million per season.

It says perhaps not are trying to move him like you elude to! The bolded part in the second sentence is just two reasons Dallas is not going to move him.

Galchenyuk4habs 03-25-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKQ (Post 62361281)

I have no problem with Eriksson, I think he is a great player. But I'm also very high on Gallagher having seen him play since he was drafted, see him play for Team Canada, break the all-time Vancouver Giants points record, see him score back to back to back 40+goals season in the WHL. See him become the Giant's captain. He's as untouchable as it gets with me at this point.

Hence the avatar, Galch+Gallagher=The future :D He's also around only 3 years older than me.

pezcore 03-25-2013 12:19 PM

yeah no Id rather keep our assets. Dont get me wrong, Eriksson is probably the most underrated player in the NHL, but thats 4 players for 1, I would rather a 2 for 1 kinda deal but you probably wouldnt get that with these players.

Arpi3080 03-25-2013 12:20 PM

If they trade Eriksson only for an established player preferable defender.

So how about Loui for P.K. Subban straight up?