HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] Islanders re-sign Lubomir Visnovsky (2 years, $4.75M per) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1385205)

M Moulson Ale 03-25-2013 05:14 PM

[NYI] Islanders re-sign Lubomir Visnovsky (2 years, $4.75M per)
 
Islanders re-sign Lubomir Visnovsky:

Brennan Klak @nhlupdate
Per Arthur Staple, Islanders extend Lubomir Visnovsky, 2 years, 4.75M cap hit

https://twitter.com/nhlupdate/status/317817017765855233

Riseonfire 03-25-2013 05:17 PM

Words are wind.

Let's see him ink a deal then I'll believe what he says about liking Long Island.

On the hockey side: Extending him would be huge. Isles are getting close to breaking out, and Lubo helps the club big time.

xECK29x 03-25-2013 05:19 PM

I'd love to take Lubo and deal Streit personally, give the 'C' to Tavares and acquire a 1st or 2nd and prospect for Streit.

bigd 03-25-2013 05:20 PM

Something will have to happy the end of the week or he's gone. I think Streit really wants to return so he may not be dealt and just let him go to free agencie.

CREW99AW 03-25-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M Moulson Ale (Post 62379983)
Per Andy Strickland

https://twitter.com/andystrickland/s...21220557295616



Lubo has said before that he likes it here. It would be great for the Isles to re-sign him.

2 yrs/$9m?

Man Bear Pig 03-25-2013 05:32 PM

LOL how things have changed

RandV 03-25-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig (Post 62381151)
LOL how things have changed

Nothing's changed, people just had the wrong idea from the start. The original fiasco was about the labour dispute, and not necessarily a desire to avoid the destination.

CREW99AW 03-25-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig (Post 62381151)
LOL how things have changed

pssst...it's the cherry kool-aide Snow keeps in the lockerroom.

JJTT 03-25-2013 05:39 PM

sign and trade?

CREW99AW 03-25-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjtt (Post 62381673)
sign and trade?

No. The isles want Vis because of the boost he's bought to their pp and they like how he's mentoring the younger D.


Isles are $20m below the 2013-2014 projected cap floor with a few rfas to sign. The new cba doesn't allow Snow to continue using ELC bonuses to reach the floor. Since the isles have to spend and the ufa market is looking weak, the isles are trying to keep Streit/Vis.

Dellstrom 03-25-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xECK29x (Post 62380263)
I'd love to take Lubo and deal Streit personally, give the 'C' to Tavares and acquire a 1st or 2nd and prospect for Streit.

Done from Boston.

Please send him over immediately. Can he play tonight?

Unagi 03-25-2013 05:46 PM

hm I wonder why the Islanders wouldn't trade him. Could fetch them some nice assets.

Perro 03-25-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW (Post 62381925)
No. The isles want Vis because of the boost he's bought to their pp and they like how he's mentoring the younger D.


Isles are $20m below the 2013-2014 projected cap floor with a few rfas to sign. The new cba doesn't allow Snow to continue using ELC bonuses to reach the floor. Since the isles have to spend and the ufa market is looking weak, the isles are trying to keep Streit/Vis.

If the islanders are unable to sign Nabokov I could see them tryign to get Kipper at the draft for this reason.
Thomas will be coming off the books. Kipper only is owed $1.5mil next yr with a cap hit of $5.8M.

OneMoreAstronaut 03-25-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riseonfire (Post 62380205)
Words are wind.

... and winter is coming.

Man Bear Pig 03-25-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandV (Post 62381303)
Nothing's changed, people just had the wrong idea from the start. The original fiasco was about the labour dispute, and not necessarily a desire to avoid the destination.

So the guy who was forced into play in Long Island hasn't had a change of heart?

åboriginal 03-25-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjtt (Post 62381673)
sign and trade?

trade then sign:scared:
works on contingency?
no, money down!

KingWantsCup 03-25-2013 06:10 PM

How ironic.

topshelf331 03-25-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjtt (Post 62381673)
sign and trade?

My first thought also. Blues are looking for a top 4 LHD. And Strickland is a Blues rumor guy. Lubo isnt exactly rugged. But he would be an improvement on the left side for the Blues.

OmniSens 03-25-2013 06:11 PM

Here I thought Visnovsky didn't wanna play there at first.

åboriginal 03-25-2013 06:12 PM

id love to see him stick around with the isles, but yeah ill believe it when i see it confirmed.

SLAPSHOT723 03-25-2013 06:17 PM

He's been great for us, I'd love to have him back for the next couple of years.

CREW99AW 03-25-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckNoire (Post 62382075)
hm I wonder why the Islanders wouldn't trade him. Could fetch them some nice assets.

Snow already has a bunch of promising youngsters, several of them knocking on the nhl door: Strome, Nelson, Nino,Reinhart, De Haan,Donovan.

What he needs is to surround his youngsters with solid vets, who can take the pressure off them.

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS 03-25-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW (Post 62381925)
No. The isles want Vis because of the boost he's bought to their pp and they like how he's mentoring the younger D.


Isles are $20m below the 2013-2014 projected cap floor with a few rfas to sign. The new cba doesn't allow Snow to continue using ELC bonuses to reach the floor. Since the isles have to spend and the ufa market is looking weak, the isles are trying to keep Streit/Vis.

Personally I rather keep Streit and trade Viz but I would sign both these guys and trade Nabby.

AngelDuck 03-25-2013 07:06 PM

Good for Lubo. Don't forget, the guy is only two years removed from having a Norris caliber season (2010-2011)

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS 03-25-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perro (Post 62382259)
If the islanders are unable to sign Nabokov I could see them tryign to get Kipper at the draft for this reason.
Thomas will be coming off the books. Kipper only is owed $1.5mil next yr with a cap hit of $5.8M.

Kipper would be a bad move. We need a young guy like Bernier.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.