HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Oscar Klefbom-Looking for a objective opinion (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1385627)

hyperboy 03-26-2013 02:17 AM

Oscar Klefbom-Looking for a objective opinion

living in edmonton all the articles about the oilers future on D just keep building him up. i as wondering what his future could look like (1/2,3/4 D) and a talent analysis that isn't completely homeristic

joe89 03-26-2013 07:48 AM

Big guy, great mobility, decent physical game, good first pass, good shot. Brings some intangibles to the table aswell. If things go as planned a #2 or #3 type of D playing first PK unit & second PP unit, but he's not boom or bust in any respect.

tony d 03-26-2013 09:23 AM

I think he has a good future of him. Probably not a #1 guy but he should be a solid #2 guy for the Oilers in the years to come.

dustrock 03-26-2013 09:54 AM

I think his play at the WJC last year and for his SEL team in the last year boosted his prospects.

When he was drafted, I think most people were thinking he should be a good 3-4 d-man, now he's looking more like a #2.

IIRC, when he was at training camp for the Oilers this year, people there said he looked more NHL-ready than the rest of the D prospects.

So part of it is hometown hype, for sure, but part of it is that Klefbom's development seems to be trending upwards.

Renegade Stylings 03-26-2013 10:41 AM

Big body, good skater, good shot. Really like him as a prospect. Fully expect him to jump straight into 18+ minute per night situations when he finally joins the Oilers.

CornKicker 03-26-2013 10:46 AM

he is very similar to jonas brodin in terms of skating and positioning, I would say kelfbom uses his bigger body better and is more physical and brodin has the higher offensive upside.

Richiebottles 03-26-2013 10:53 AM

Saw him play when he was undrafted and really noticed him. I dont think he will be a number 1 guy but like other said he could be a number 3 at worst probably ends up being a number 2.

Toydarian 03-26-2013 02:58 PM

In an interview, Craig Button called Oscar Klefbom a "Seabrook" type defenseman and would have the same impact in the NHL. Take that for what it is worth.

(If people want the source: Oilers Now (podcast) "March 22nd - 2nd half hour")

puckfan13 03-26-2013 04:12 PM

I'd say he's more Fedor Tyutin than Seabrook. As an Oilers fan I'd be pretty happy if he ended up in the Tyutin range, I'm not expecting him to contend for the Norris every year, hopefully he can just be a solid presence back there that skates and pivots well for a big man and makes smart plays on the tape.

Renegade Stylings 03-26-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilsp1ll (Post 62460427)
I'd say he's more Fedor Tyutin than Seabrook. As an Oilers fan I'd be pretty happy if he ended up in the Tyutin range, I'm not expecting him to contend for the Norris every year, hopefully he can just be a solid presence back there that skates and pivots well for a big man and makes smart plays on the tape.

I really like that comparison. People don't know how good Tyutin actually is.