HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Out of Town Thread part LIII - All Talk From Around the League Here (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1385665)

Blind Gardien 03-26-2013 07:10 AM

The Out of Town Thread part LIII - All Talk From Around the League Here
 
Continue here svp...

shutehinside 03-26-2013 09:35 AM

Looks like Boston might be trying to get Martin St. Louis

Kevin Paul Dupont ‏@GlobeKPD 17m Some. RT @tryan75: @GlobeKPD any truth to the si "truth & rumors" that says b's targeting bolts MSL?

poetryinmotion 03-26-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shutehinside (Post 62436885)
Looks like Boston might be trying to get Martin St. Louis

Kevin Paul Dupont ‏@GlobeKPD 17m Some. RT @tryan75: @GlobeKPD any truth to the si "truth & rumors" that says b's targeting bolts MSL?

That would ruin my image of MSL forever. :shakehead

ECWHSWI 03-26-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shutehinside (Post 62436885)
Looks like Boston might be trying to get Martin St. Louis

Kevin Paul Dupont ‏@GlobeKPD 17m Some. RT @tryan75: @GlobeKPD any truth to the si "truth & rumors" that says b's targeting bolts MSL?

MSL is signed for two more seasons after this one and he comes with a 5.6 Mil cap hit.

They'd have to ditch salary for next year if they acquire him.

poetryinmotion 03-26-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECWHSWI (Post 62437549)
MSL is signed for two more seasons after this one and he comes with a 5.6 Mil cap hit.

They'd have to ditch salary for next year if they acquire him.

And a boatload of assets.

Madam Kadri 03-26-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poetryinmotion (Post 62437577)
And a boatload of assets.

Horton and Beverley and a 1st. :naughty::sarcasm:

Habs 4 Life 03-26-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECWHSWI (Post 62437549)
MSL is signed for two more seasons after this one and he comes with a 5.6 Mil cap hit.

They'd have to ditch salary for next year if they acquire him.

Salary would be going the other way as well + i'm sure they would prefer MSL over Nathan Horton that doesn't have a contract for next year for example

It would suck seeing him there but I doubt it happens I think the Bruins will be getting Iginla

hototogisu 03-26-2013 10:12 AM

I'm calling Iginla to LA for Bernier+ and then Clowe to Boston for a 1st+average prospect.

Madam Kadri 03-26-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 62438553)
Salary would be going the other way as well + i'm sure they would prefer MSL over Nathan Horton that doesn't have a contract for next year for example

It would suck seeing him there but I doubt it happens I think the Bruins will be getting Iginla

I have grown to hate practically everything that is Calgary. Their horn is ****ing annoying and their shade of red disgusts me. I hope the Bruins get Iginla, then I can amp up the hate on him as well. :laugh:

Madam Kadri 03-26-2013 10:17 AM

IF Martin St-Louis does make it to Boston, I would expect him to goon it up on Desharnais because he's sick and tired of losing every puck battle against him and then blame him for diving. You cannot escape the "Black and Gold" culture. :naughty::sarcasm:

Habs 4 Life 03-26-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 62438725)
I'm calling Iginla to LA for Bernier+ and then Clowe to Boston for a 1st+average prospect.

I'd love to see the Bruins overpay for Clowe

Blind Gardien 03-26-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 62438725)
I'm calling Iginla to LA for Bernier+ and then Clowe to Boston for a 1st+average prospect.

1st+Khokhlachev. I'm good with that deal. As long as Clowe doesn't re-sign with the B's. Unless he truly sucks and truly is done. Then hopefully he re-signs. :dunno:

hototogisu 03-26-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind Gardien (Post 62439545)
1st+Khokhlachev. I'm good with that deal. As long as Clowe doesn't re-sign with the B's. Unless he truly sucks and truly is done. Then hopefully he re-signs. :dunno:

Thing is, I can see a deal like that happening and I can see him re-signing. The B's style of play would fit him like a glove...he's getting older, won't have to deal with the grind of the Western Conference...I don't know what the B's cap situation is like next year (or what Clowe's geographical preferences are) but if they can fit him, they'll keep him.

Moen in Glory 03-26-2013 10:31 AM

I can't wait to see Chara and MSL together on the ice

http://www.bballchannel.fr/wp-conten...one-Bogues.jpg

hototogisu 03-26-2013 10:37 AM

Kaspars Daugavins (OTT) and Jussi Jokinen (CAR) on waivers today.

Habs 4 Life 03-26-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 62440197)
Kaspars Daugavins (OTT) and Jussi Jokinen (CAR) on waivers today.

Jokinen would add some solid depth on the wing, 1 year left at 3 million. Cheap way to get better but I think he gets claimed much higher then where the Habs select

gusfring 03-26-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 62439071)
I'd love to see the Bruins overpay for Clowe

When you draft and acquire players like the Bruins you can afford to overpay without it affecting you that much.

Marc the Habs Fan 03-26-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 62440197)
Kaspars Daugavins (OTT) and Jussi Jokinen (CAR) on waivers today.

Wow, hard to believe on Jokinen even though I predicted yesterday CAR would want to rid themselves of his 3 M cap hit next year. CAR has little depth on their 3rd and 4th lines right now

Habs 4 Life 03-26-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gusfring (Post 62440305)
When you draft and acquire players like the Bruins you can afford to overpay without it affecting you that much.

Their defense is still far from impressive besides Chara

Yes they've drafted well and fleeced the Leafs on 2 occasions, now we will see if they don't win the Cup if they can keep the roster together after next season when Bergeron will need to be signed and others

macavoy 03-26-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 62440285)
Jokinen would add some solid depth on the wing, 1 year left at 3 million. Cheap way to get better but I think he gets claimed much higher then where the Habs select

I don't get why Carolina is dumping him when they are 9th? I don't see how he helps us. Especially if he is under contract next year as well.

Habs 4 Life 03-26-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macavoy (Post 62440893)
I don't get why Carolina is dumping him when they are 9th? I don't see how he helps us. Especially if he is under contract next year as well.

They have no cash left after Semin's signing :laugh:

hototogisu 03-26-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macavoy (Post 62440893)
I don't get why Carolina is dumping him when they are 9th? I don't see how he helps us. Especially if he is under contract next year as well.

Also, why not wait a week to the trade deadline to see if you can find a taker? Unless they had someone coming off IR and they absolutely had to make a move but even then, was he really their worst option?

If he didn't have another year I could a fit with us to replace Bourque's production for the rest of the year.

SergeConstantin74 03-26-2013 11:05 AM

:laugh:

Dustin Penner ‏@Dustinpenner25 24 min
After careful consideration I've decided not to visit the White House today for political reasons LOL JK I'm not an idiot!Free trip? I'm in!

Habsfan18 03-26-2013 11:21 AM

I'd definitely be alright with claiming Jokinen. Doubt he makes it to us, though.

WeThreeKings 03-26-2013 11:41 AM

No to Jokinen.

He's always sucked.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.