HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Rumor: Rumor and Proposal Thread Vol. 9: Trade Deadline Day is coming. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1385761)

McOilbleeder 03-26-2013 11:42 AM

Rumor and Proposal Thread Vol. 9: Trade Deadline Day is coming.
 
Continue here:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley (Post 62438161)
lol Im way more generous than you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponokanocker (Post 62438385)
Did you even read the first page of the thread, or numerous other posts? I'm sorry, but you are entering trolling territory saying they loved him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourier (Post 62438391)
No one is suggesting that Semin would not deserve the contract he is getting based on his play this year or even on his talent. The issue for Semin, and the reason why people question this deal is that he has gone AWOL before, and has often been viewed as a very selfish player.

I also fail to see how Whitney, Pitkanen or Ruutu were reclamation projects.

Pitkanen was the Oilers best defenseman when he was traded for Cole. He also had had 3 40 + point seasons already before coming to Edmonton. The problem with him was that he was a pending UFA that had little desire to play in an intense hockey market.

Ray Whitney was an established scorer who had 29 goals and 71 points with Columbus before signing on with Detroit. He did not really fit in on a team that had Yzerman, Datsyuk, Zetterberh, Shanahan and Hull up front. Other than that one year he has been pretty consistent since he left the Oilers.

Ruutu was a guy who was expected to be a major star. But that never materialized. The Hawks dealt him for Andrew Ladd. No question that Ladd has since become the better player. Ruutu has had a solid career in Carolina but it is not like he was really that much better than the player they got from Chicago. Certainly not what was originally expected of him when he was drafted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nabob (Post 62438463)
Dear god. Khabi is done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins (Post 62438521)
Shhhh, you and your logic is very damaging to the narrative he's crafting. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by 27theROCK (Post 62440341)
How do we feel about a Eberle for Myers and Foligno type of deal?

Our D is brutal and Myers has alot of upside... and risk.
Foligno would be solid top 6 with size and toughness for us.


Also another kid we should push hard for is Kyle Beach. He is a bit of a wild card but he definetly would give us size, toughness and a bit of intimidation that we lack.
Maybe Ryan Jones for Beack?

I really still will beat the drum that we should have claimed Patrick Maroon from the Ducks and still think we should deal for him.

A 4th line of Maroon - Lander - Beach could be very interesting.


Jimmi McJenkins 03-26-2013 11:44 AM

The big 4 (or 5 counting Schultz) are Non-Starters for Myers. He's been inconsistent and he has a Huge price tag. There's a deal there, but not for one of those guys.

Jimmi McJenkins 03-26-2013 11:45 AM

Jussi Jokinen and Kaspar Dagavins(sp) are on waivers, I say pick up both, Jokinen is better at hockey then most of the Oilers bottom-6 and the World needs more Latvians.

joestevens29 03-26-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins (Post 62440681)
Jussi Jokinen and Kaspar Dagavins(sp) are on waivers, I say pick up both, Jokinen is better at hockey then most of the Oilers bottom-6 and the World needs more Latvians.

Jokinen being a LW is a bonus, but I don't know he's the type we need. Am a bit shocked he is on waivers though.

Valic 03-26-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins (Post 62440681)
Jussi Jokinen and Kaspar Dagavins(sp) are on waivers, I say pick up both, Jokinen is better at hockey then most of the Oilers bottom-6 and the World needs more Latvians.

Okay Spec!

Jimmi McJenkins 03-26-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joestevens29 (Post 62440965)
Jokinen being a LW is a bonus, but I don't know he's the type we need. Am a bit shocked he is on waivers though.

The only caveat is he has another year at $3M

Oilception 03-26-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins (Post 62440681)
Jussi Jokinen and Kaspar Dagavins(sp) are on waivers, I say pick up both, Jokinen is better at hockey then most of the Oilers bottom-6 and the World needs more Latvians.

Is he still good at shoot outs? i mean if thats what we are playing for might as well pick up some specialists

:cry:

joestevens29 03-26-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins (Post 62441063)
The only caveat is he has another year at $3M

3mil isn't all that bad, if he is horrid buy him out. I really don't want another smaller non-physical player, but it would be better then doing nothing.

joestevens29 03-26-2013 12:02 PM

Tim Wallace also on waivers from Canes

Wonder what they have up their sleeve?

backhandsauce 03-26-2013 12:07 PM

As good as Sam Gagner has been this year, I think it's time to part ways. Nuge is going to be the #1 Centre here for a decade. Horc will be in the #3 spot. It's time for some size. The Coyote's have pinned the Franchise on OEL with his new deal and are in dire need of offense.

Make a package for Yandle and Hanzel. Two players that would immediately help out the Oilers.

Hanzel and Yandle to Edm for Gagner, Hemsky and Hartikainen and a pick or more prospects if needed. Get the deal done.

Why each team does it.

The Oilers need size badly up the middle. With the new divisions next year most teams have big centremen. Nuge will get eaten alive. Hanzel can help out in that category.
Yandle is a no brainer. he's a stud. I think having him on the PP with JS on D would really flourish.

Phoenix does it for offense. They already have Vermette who can play in Hanzel's role.

Adding Hemsky and Gagner gives them more scoring options up front.

While we are in the dealing mood, Tambo should dangle our first this year and get a NHL player.

NO MORE PICKS OR PROSPECTS

Since Doug Wilson dealt Murray, I wonder if he would do a UFA for UFA swap. Whitney for Clowe?

If Clowe plays well we re up in. If not, we really don't lose anything, we actually gain cap space.

Kulleroinen* 03-26-2013 12:10 PM

What? Jokinen on waivers? Get him, now.

Mr Forever 03-26-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okanagan Oil (Post 62442041)
As good as Sam Gagner has been this year, I think it's time to part ways. Nuge is going to be the #1 Centre here for a decade. Horc will be in the #3 spot. It's time for some size. The Coyote's have pinned the Franchise on OEL with his new deal and are in dire need of offense.

Make a package for Yandle and Hanzel. Two players that would immediately help out the Oilers.

Hanzel and Yandle to Edm for Gagner, Hemsky and Hartikainen and a pick or more prospects if needed. Get the deal done.

Why each team does it.

The Oilers need size badly up the middle. With the new divisions next year most teams have big centremen. Nuge will get eaten alive. Hanzel can help out in that category.
Yandle is a no brainer. he's a stud. I think having him on the PP with JS on D would really flourish.

Phoenix does it for offense. They already have Vermette who can play in Hanzel's role.

Adding Hemsky and Gagner gives them more scoring options up front.

While we are in the dealing mood, Tambo should dangle our first this year and get a NHL player.

NO MORE PICKS OR PROSPECTS

I hope so too, but he hasn't proved anything yet.

Skm 03-26-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okanagan Oil (Post 62442041)
As good as Sam Gagner has been this year, I think it's time to part ways. Nuge is going to be the #1 Centre here for a decade. Horc will be in the #3 spot. It's time for some size. The Coyote's have pinned the Franchise on OEL with his new deal and are in dire need of offense.

Make a package for Yandle and Hanzel. Two players that would immediately help out the Oilers.

Hanzel and Yandle to Edm for Gagner, Hemsky and Hartikainen and a pick or more prospects if needed. Get the deal done.

Why each team does it.

The Oilers need size badly up the middle. With the new divisions next year most teams have big centremen. Nuge will get eaten alive. Hanzel can help out in that category.
Yandle is a no brainer. he's a stud. I think having him on the PP with JS on D would really flourish.

Phoenix does it for offense. They already have Vermette who can play in Hanzel's role.

Adding Hemsky and Gagner gives them more scoring options up front.

While we are in the dealing mood, Tambo should dangle our first this year and get a NHL player.

NO MORE PICKS OR PROSPECTS

Sorry man, I wish but no way Phoenix would do this.

Hanzal is arguably as valuable to any team as Gagner, even on his current pace. Yandle is still a solid #2 Dman. Gagner, Hemsky, and Hartikainen doesn't get this deal done. I would love to be proven wrong, though.

Rin 03-26-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oilception (Post 62441161)
Is he still good at shoot outs? i mean if thats what we are playing for might as well pick up some specialists

:cry:

Hahaha, I was coming to post something similar to this. Great post!

backhandsauce 03-26-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skm (Post 62442359)
Sorry man, I wish but no way Phoenix would do this.

Hanzal is arguably as valuable to any team as Gagner, even on his current pace. Yandle is still a solid #2 Dman. Gagner, Hemsky, and Hartikainen doesn't get this deal done. I would love to be proven wrong, though.

I agree, but I do think there is a deal to be made with both teams.

Hemsky4PM 03-26-2013 12:13 PM

Edmonton has scored the fewest goals in the league.

Laughing stock still, even if we are barely ahead of the Avs, Panthers and Lames.

The Oilers are an embarrassment right now. Can we please fire the old regime and bring in some fresh perspective? Of course not.

Deadline will see Whitney and Belanger waived - Whitney claimed Belanger clears.
Hemsky will be dangled, no takers for anything more than a 2nd round pick and marginal prospect.
Jones will be moved for a 3rd rounder.
Khabubulin will be moved for a 4th rounder.
Smid will stay, but could easily leave for Detroit, Philly, or other contender as a UFA.

joestevens29 03-26-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skm (Post 62442359)
Sorry man, I wish but no way Phoenix would do this.

Hanzal is arguably as valuable to any team as Gagner, even on his current pace. Yandle is still a solid #2 Dman. Gagner, Hemsky, and Hartikainen doesn't get this deal done. I would love to be proven wrong, though.

I don't think PHX would want Hemsky. They'd probably like a guy like PRV though, seems to really fit the mold of the Yotes team. With that being said Hanzal and Yandle are going to cost more then just Gagner and Prv. I don't even know that they'd want gagner, in PHX is he much more then a 40 point guy?

Skm 03-26-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okanagan Oil (Post 62442487)
I agree, but I do think there is a deal to be made with both teams.

Yeah I think you're right. Don't know that we could get Hanzal AND Yandle (rhymin') but I'd love to target one or the other, both huge needs on this team.

joestevens29 03-26-2013 12:20 PM

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 1m
Riley Nash has essentially bumped Jussi Jokinen from a job this season. #hurricanes hope Jokinen will be claimed off waivers.

OilDrop37 03-26-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kulleroinen (Post 62442261)
What? Jokinen on waivers? Get him, now.

Definately makes more sense on the LW with Nuge and Ebs than either Jones or Smyth.

OilerFan4Life 03-26-2013 12:22 PM

Have to think Panthers claim Jokinen before we can. They are decimated by injuries but maybe the 3 million scares them away?

Oil In My Veins 03-26-2013 12:23 PM

"I tend to agree. Hope they have asked Khabby about next year. If he wants to come back at a reasonable price, $1.5/$1.75million next year on one year deals Id probably do it. As much as the guy gets injured etc he still looks better in net than Dubnyk does. lol

If he isn't returning you move him if you can get anything at all for him. This year is done anyway."



The problem with bringing Khabby back at any price is that we can't rely on him staying healthy.

Why not bring in somone who is younger and can stick around for more than a year?

I say if there's any interest in him at the deadline then you deal him for whatever you can get.

Rin 03-26-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joestevens29 (Post 62442959)
Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 1m
Riley Nash has essentially bumped Jussi Jokinen from a job this season. #hurricanes hope Jokinen will be claimed off waivers.

The Riley Nash we drafted and never ended up doing anything with...?

OilDrop37 03-26-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rin (Post 62443223)
The Riley Nash we drafted and never ended up doing anything with...?

Didn't we trade him for picks after he refused to sign with us?

I got a serious hate on for Oiler Management but I won't pin this one on them

CornKicker 03-26-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rin (Post 62443223)
The Riley Nash we drafted and never ended up doing anything with...?

the one that pouted because he wasnt going to get guarateed a roster spot? yeah him


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.