HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Islanders & Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1385777)

oil10 03-26-2013 10:52 AM

Islanders & Oilers

Oilers need to shake thing up and get some young NHL proven players, too many rookies. So to get a good player you have to give up a good player.

Oilers - TAVARES, STRAIT, 3rdp

NYI - RNH, SMID, 2rdp

Don't get me wrong I like RNH and he is going to be a great player but I think the Oilers need a better #1 C now. And having Tavares with Hall and Ebs would look great.

I know this won't happen . . . but would it be a good trade or would EDM maybe need to add a prospect ????

16 To Stanley* 03-26-2013 10:53 AM

that package doesn't get you Tavares alone.

TOGuy14 03-26-2013 10:53 AM

Tavares >> RNH

Not enough from Oilers.

Benedict Kovalchuk 03-26-2013 10:54 AM

Not even remotely close. Oilers don't have anything that could pry Tavares away from the Islanders, don't even bother.

stryfe604 03-26-2013 10:57 AM

I'm going to enjoy this ride.

Btw the no way hell NYI does this.

Championship* 03-26-2013 10:59 AM

Clicked this saying "this ought to be good for a laugh". I was right.

Hurt 03-26-2013 11:00 AM

Oilers need to add a lot more. Tavares is by far the superior player.

CREW99AW 03-26-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oil10 (Post 62441109)
Oilers need to shake thing up and get some young NHL proven players, too many rookies. So to get a good player you have to give up a good player.

NYI - RNH, SMID, 2rdp

Don't get me wrong I like RNH and he is going to be a great player but I think the Oilers need a better #1 C now. And having Tavares with Hall and Ebs would look great.

I know this won't happen . . . but would it be a good trade or would EDM maybe need to add a prospect ????

Isles aren't moving Tavares for a downgrade(RNH).

Smid, an impending ufa, has little value to the budget strapped NYI. They just gave Brian Strait a 3 yr extension.

Isles fans are gnashing their teeth over Snow's latest comments: not veering away from his rebuild, gonna add more kids to the roster, likely will have a quiet trade deadline.
Isles and Oilers both sound likethey will stick with their youth movements.
NYI are reportedly gonna try to sign Lee and Mayfield as soon as their seasons end. From what a couple of sources in the NY press are saying, it sounds like Lee will join the NYI roster before this season ends.

stryfe604 03-26-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW (Post 62441603)
Isles aren't moving Tavares for a downgrade(RNH).

Smid, an impending ufa, has little value to the budget strapped NYI. They just gave Brian Strait a 3 yr extension.

Isles fans are gnashing their teeth over Snow's latest comments: not veering away from his rebuild, gonna add more kids to the roster, likely will have a quiet trade deadline.
Isles and Oilers both sound likethey will stick with their youth movements.
NYI are reportedly gonna try to sign Lee and Mayfield as soon as their seasons end. From what a couple of sources in the NY press are saying, it sounds like Lee will join the NYI roster before this season ends.

Wait... Which Lee?

Mr Forever 03-26-2013 11:04 AM

Tavares is worth RNH + Eberle IMHO

Isles_Guy* 03-26-2013 11:07 AM

i admit im biased but None of the Oilers big 4 is even close to Tavares.

youd have to offer at least RNH and Eberle Id imagine, though since JT is such a focal point of the franchise and their leader theyd probably still say no.

stryfe.... Anders Lee a collegiate PF

Benedict Kovalchuk 03-26-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtaveras4pres (Post 62442009)

youd have to offer at least RNH and Eberle Id imagine, though since JT is such a focal point of the franchise and their leader theyd probably still say no.

This basically sums it up. Show's over folks!

sokocanuck 03-26-2013 11:10 AM

I'm fan of neither team but I honestly think that JT is currently better, has a higher ceiling and is more likely to reach it than any one of the Oilers players.

roboninja 03-26-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stryfe604 (Post 62441423)
I'm going to enjoy this ride.

Btw the no way hell NYI does this.

There will be no ride. The only person that thinks this deal is good is the OP.

seafoam 03-26-2013 11:11 AM

JT is the Islanders, so let me think about this. No.

GamingGiant 03-26-2013 11:14 AM

Not even close for the Islanders. JT is a beast.

stryfe604 03-26-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtaveras4pres (Post 62442009)

Thanks

stryfe604 03-26-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roboninja (Post 62442271)
There will be no ride. The only person that thinks this deal is good is the OP.

I'm waiting for the diehard oiler fans to show up still.

sokocanuck 03-26-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stryfe604 (Post 62442635)
I'm waiting for the diehard oiler fans to show up still.

We should have a pool to see how many posts they make before one says "Gretzky-like" when referencing RNH. :laugh:

CREW99AW 03-26-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stryfe604 (Post 62441827)
Wait... Which Lee?

Anders Lee at Notre Dame.

Some NYI fans have been worried he'd pull a Justin Schultz, but Howie Rose on a recent telecast and Staples in a recent fanchat, both indicated they expected Lee to join the NYI before this season ends.

Isles could use his size and grit.

Isles_Guy* 03-26-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stryfe604 (Post 62442607)
Thanks

youre welcome,

unless they are totally sloshed not even the most Die Hard Oiler fan would dispute that JT is clearly better,

that be like a Red wing fan arguing Datsyuk is better than Gretzky

bigd 03-26-2013 11:42 AM

Tavares isn't going anywhere. If they traded him they would lose what ever fan base was left. On a top team this kid would be posting Crosby numbers. He basically carries the Islanders on his back.

oil10 03-26-2013 11:42 AM

Okay calm down NYI fans . . . it was just an idea. Like I said in the first post "Won't Happen".

But both teams suck, so they both should shake it up a bit.

Oh and just to clear things up . . . real Oilers fans don't compare RNH to Gretzky.

16 To Stanley* 03-26-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oil10 (Post 62444467)
Okay calm down NYI fans . . . it was just an idea. Like I said in the first post "Won't Ever Happen".

But both teams suck, so they both should shake it up a bit.

Oh and just to clear things up . . . real Oilers fans don't compare RNH to Gretzky.

Most trades on this forum "won't ever happen" but people proposing them should do there best to at least make it realistic.

leeroggy 03-26-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oil10 (Post 62441109)

NYI - RNH, SMID, 2rdp

Once again, another poster showing that not all Canadians know their hockey . . .