HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   News Article: Negotiations with Kristo have started. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1386679)

Gustave 03-27-2013 11:25 AM

Negotiations with Kristo have started.

Per Mathias Brunet's blog on cyberpresse.

Let's get it done.

overlords 03-27-2013 11:26 AM

I hope he doesn't opt out for the loop hole!!!

Boris Le Tigre 03-27-2013 11:26 AM

I love him.

Boris Le Tigre 03-27-2013 11:26 AM

not Burnet

Mrb1p 03-27-2013 11:27 AM

Can he play? He'd be amazing next to Eller right now.

dreamingofdrouin* 03-27-2013 11:30 AM

good....asset management is nice to see....whether he's to be a top sixer for us down the road or a piece of a trade...get er done MB

JusticeBeaver 03-27-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 62519335)

Can't do it. He could only do this last summer before going back to college. Once he started school the loop closed and we all breathed a sigh of relief.

Mistake me if I'm wrong but the loophole is if a drafted player plays outside the NCAA within 3 years of being drafted, he can withdraw from the team and sign where he wants (see Shultz). Kristo playing with the USHL and then 2 years of college but opted to go back for the third I believe.

overlords 03-27-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticeBeaver (Post 62519605)
Can't do it. He could only do this last summer before going back to college. Once he started school the loop closed and we all breathed a sigh of relief.

Mistake me if I'm wrong but the loophole is if a drafted player plays outside the NCAA within 3 years of being drafted, he can withdraw from the team and sign where he wants (see Shultz). Kristo playing with the USHL and then 2 years of college but opted to go back for the third I believe.

Aw man, I was just kidding. Sorry to make you write all that :laugh:

uiCk 03-27-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 62519699)

you should give yourself a (successful) trolling infraction

WhiskeySeven 03-27-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uiCk (Post 62519845)
you should give yourself a (successful) trolling infraction

The one deserved is worth so much more.

As for Kristo, I've never liked his off-ice antics and I ranted against him earlier in the year. He seems like he has to grow the f up if he wants to be a professional - but supposedly he's talented so let's see how it goes.

417 03-27-2013 11:39 AM

If he signs...is he able to play for the Habs this year? I keep reading that he would only play for the Bulldogs??

JusticeBeaver 03-27-2013 11:39 AM

haha no sweat

I don't mind writing it since I only learned it recently and HAD to let somebody know. So you are welcome random people who are now wiser because of my last post.

With that said, can't wait to see him next year. Should lead to some great posts. I'll start

"Mommas in the kitchen fryin' up the opposition with some Kristo"

No? Yes? Ill go yes.

Whitesnake 03-27-2013 11:40 AM

Key player as I keep repeating. People who wanted him out based on his "off-ice" activities will regret it.

Hannibal 03-27-2013 11:40 AM

The Habs board savior!

HabsSlappy 03-27-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 62519699)

Trollin the newbz....shame on you!

Marc the Habs Fan 03-27-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticeBeaver (Post 62519605)

Basically this, only it's after 4 years of being drafted and after 3 years of college that you can use the loophole, which is what Schultz did.

And yes, he could play for the Habs this year in theory, would require signing him to a contract that starts this season.

SnapVirus 03-27-2013 11:45 AM

At 22yo.

Could he be able to play in the NHL right now?

Can he be a solution between Eller - Galchenuk for short terms?

gunnerdom 03-27-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 62519335)

We've gone through this discussion many many times. The loophole closed as soon as he started his 4th year of University. He signs with the Habs or retires from hockey. His choice.

I was hoping this was sarcasm... and just saw that it is... nevermind haha.

Stjonnypopo 03-27-2013 11:47 AM

I find it weird how the general appreciation for Kristo goes up and down on a regular basis. Last summer everyone was saying he's a bust after he decided to stay another year at college and now everyone wants him to sign because he's our next top-6 player.

Can someone who has seen him play (regularly) tell me what they see in him? All these conflicting opinions is confusing me!

Strik_IX 03-27-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven (Post 62520061)
The one deserved is worth so much more.

As for Kristo, I've never liked his off-ice antics and I ranted against him earlier in the year. He seems like he has to grow the f up if he wants to be a professional - but supposedly he's talented so let's see how it goes.

Agreed, the kid needs a babysitter, I'd bring him in just to make sure we have someone with an eye on him.

EveryDay 03-27-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustave (Post 62519319)
Per Mathias Brunet's blog on cyberpresse.

Let's get it done.

Do you have the link? would like to read the article!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 62520285)
Basically this, only it's after 4 years of being drafted and after 3 years of college that you can use the loophole, which is what Schultz did.

And yes, he could play for the Habs this year in theory, would require signing him to a contract that starts this season.

How many contract do we have at the moment with Halpern back?

gunnerdom 03-27-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo (Post 62520583)
I find it weird how the general appreciation for Kristo goes up and down on a regular basis. Last summer everyone was saying he's a bust after he decided to stay another year at college and now everyone wants him to sign because he's our next top-6 player.

Can someone who has seen him play (regularly) tell me what they see in him? All these conflicting opinions is confusing me!

His points and the fact that he's a finalist for the Hoby Baker award makes him look like a pretty good player. Now to say that it will translate to the NHL is a whole other story.

Habaddict 03-27-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo (Post 62520583)

I don't recall anyone saying he might be a bust. Many people were
dissapointed because they thought it wasn't ideal for his development.
Or just because they wanted a chance to see him play. We are, after
all, fans.
Personally, I didn't mind him staying in college because he a bit
skinny. Or at least that seems like the consensus. And I think college
is the ideal place to put on muscles and get stronger.
For the same reason, I hope Bennett goes back for his senior year.

Gustave 03-27-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EveryDay (Post 62520777)
Do you have the link? would like to the article.

http://blogues.lapresse.ca/lnh/2013/...c-le-canadien/

gunnerdom 03-27-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strik_IX (Post 62520711)
Agreed, the kid needs a babysitter, I'd bring him in just to make sure we have someone with an eye on him.

Really? Of course no University kid will party or anything..... jesus people. They are human beings, you know. I'm pretty sure that most people on the board have done worst than that kid while in Cegep or University.

The only difference between now and back then is that everybody has a phone with a camera and take pics of everything. Kid's gonna be fine.