HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   LeBrun: Oilers taking calls on Ales Hemsky (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1386817)

caley 03-27-2013 02:43 PM

Oilers taking calls on Ales Hemsky
 
Quote:

It wouldn’t be a trade deadline without banter about Ales Hemsky’s availability. A year ago the rumors were put to bed when Hemsky signed a two-year, $10 million extension. Now his name is surfacing, although almost it seems out of habit in media commentary as opposed to actual signs that the Oilers are shopping him.

I don’t think Edmonton is actually going out of its way to shop him, but I do think they’re taking phone calls on him and at this point, they have to be receptive to many things because the rebuild is lasting a bit longer than the ticket buyers had hoped in Edmonton.
Quote:

I suspect you’ll hear Hemsky’s name out there right up to the deadline. He’s got one more year left on his deal at $5 million and he does not have a no-trade clause, so Edmonton is free to do what it wants with him.

No guarantee he moves, though.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...cks-like-clowe

At times Hemsky has looked great this year - which I chalk up to him finally being healthy and rested - so he could be an interesting addition, but he won't come cheaply, either.

McspOiler 03-27-2013 02:49 PM

Nothing to see here Tambos version of taking call is like the verizon guy "can you hear me now" ... but they cant because they hung up when he asked for something ridiculous

Realm 03-27-2013 03:23 PM

1 trade deadline early, he will finally be traded 2014 trade deadline.

Beerfish 03-27-2013 03:23 PM

"they have to be receptive to many things because the rebuild is lasting a bit longer than the ticket buyers had hoped in Edmonton. "

Lebrun must have read our melt down thread on these forums after getting shut out at home by nashville.

Curtinho 03-27-2013 03:24 PM

I think Ottawa should kick the tires here, but I doubt they will.

WeridAl 03-27-2013 03:33 PM

They maybe taking offers, but they won't trade him for scraps. If he's traded it will be a player that will help the future of the team, not a one or two year rental.

vanwest 03-27-2013 03:39 PM

I'm not sure Tambo even recharges his cellphone during the season.
Hemsky should have already been traded to fill an area of need. Too many small, skilled forwards and not near enough grit. He seems redundant on the Oilers.

zeus3007* 03-27-2013 03:45 PM

Don't expect a deal. Expect a lot of talk, but no action, as we shouldn't be moving him for picks.

mcjukon 03-27-2013 03:50 PM

You mean if a GM calls Tambi he will listen to what he has to say??! HOLD THE PRESSES! FRONT PAGE NEWS!! :laugh:

Based on the Coach's recent words on Yakupov they have no confidence in him replacing Hemmer just yet. It would have to be overpayment to get Hemsky out of Edmonton. Whitney is more likely.

OCPenguin 03-27-2013 03:55 PM

Here we go ... the fourth consecutive year Ales Hemsky's name comes up at the trade deadline. There is a reason why he is still a member of the Oilers. Very few are interested. I'm sure his 5 million cap hit for next year will make him even more hard to deal.

Buckets and Gloves 03-27-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeridAl (Post 62533577)
They maybe taking offers, but they won't trade him for scraps. If he's traded it will be a player that will help the future of the team, not a one or two year rental.

So what do you think Hemsky is??...

He is only signed for next year... so including this year the team getting him will be lucky to get what?... 50 games from him??... sounds like a rental to me.

I can't see a team giving up more than a 2nd rounder or B level prospect... maybe a quality bottom 6er.

Zal 03-27-2013 04:07 PM

Think Jussi Jokinen.

416Leafer 03-27-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanwest (Post 62533919)
I'm not sure Tambo even recharges his cellphone during the season.
Hemsky should have already been traded to fill an area of need. Too many small, skilled forwards and not near enough grit. He seems redundant on the Oilers.

Tambo has shown about half an ounce of effort over his entire tenure to actually build a team, add legitimate pieces, or add pieces with some kind of big picture in mind.

How did LA become champions? They traded for a solid two-way centre in Richards, they traded for a a solid goal scorer in Carter, they traded for a reasonable winger with size/skill in Penner, and they signed some legitimate physical defencemen in Scuderi and Mitchell.

Boston traded for Horton, Recchi, Kelly, Peverley, Kaberle, and Seidenberg. They signed Chara, Thomas, Ryder, etc.

Chicago traded for Ladd, Versteeg, and Sharp, they signed Hossa, Campbell, Madden, and Niemi. Etc.

Now granted, I don't expect Tambo to be able to just sign a top free agent out of the blue, such as Hossa/Chara/Campbell. And I don't expect him to trade for pending veteran UFAs such as the Kaberle trade. But..

He needs to start becoming a little more aggressive. Sure, slow rebuilds are great, and having patience is great. But you're not going to fill EVERY hole in the top of the draft. He has some really high end trade assets, he could easily trade for a centre with size + a top pairing defenceman, while still retaining Schultz, RNH, and 2 of Yakupov/Eberle/Hall.

Otherwise the Oilers could be looking at who knows how long a wait until a top pairing Dman, a top 6 centre with size, a legitimate 3rd line C, etc, come up internally, and at that point, who knows what out of their current "core" will still be around.

zeus3007* 03-27-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OCPenguin (Post 62534829)
Here we go ... the fourth consecutive year Ales Hemsky's name comes up at the trade deadline. There is a reason why he is still a member of the Oilers. Very few are interested. I'm sure his 5 million cap hit for next year will make him even more hard to deal.

He's still an Oiler because it was more important for us to have Hemsky than futures bud, not because there was no interest. Tambellini admitted to having calls about him last year, and said the offers weren't right. That doesn't mean that nobody wanted him, it means nobody was offering anything we need.

zeus3007* 03-27-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zal (Post 62535503)
Think Jussi Jokinen.

Not even close to the same situation.

vanwest 03-27-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zal (Post 62535503)
Think Jussi Jokinen.

Not at all. Hemsky definitely has value. I think he's a piece that the Oilers should trade but a number of teams would be interested in him and as we've seen prices are higher at the trade deadline with few sellers and many buyers.

Beukeboom Fan 03-27-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeus3007 (Post 62535723)
He's still an Oiler because it was more important for us to have Hemsky than futures bud, not because there was no interest. Tambellini admitted to having calls about him last year, and said the offers weren't right. That doesn't mean that nobody wanted him, it means nobody was offering anything we need.

Denial just isn't a river in Egypt.

If Tambo could have gotten a solid rental price last year, he would have moved Hemsky. But he couldn't so he doubled down and resigned him.

EDM has a ton of holes, and you can't convince me that the Oilers couldn't get solid prospect & pick for Hemsky to try and address them.

BEL4SEPICMULLET 03-27-2013 04:23 PM

In other news, water is wet. Isn't this guy always on the block?

Qrispy 03-27-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan (Post 62536179)
Denial just isn't a river in Egypt.

If Tambo could have gotten a solid rental price last year, he would have moved Hemsky. But he couldn't so he doubled down and resigned him.

EDM has a ton of holes, and you can't convince me that the Oilers couldn't get solid prospect & pick for Hemsky to try and address them.

So, said holes are supposed to be filled with picks and prospects? Yeah that makes sense. :sarcasm:

Hemsky is a good player. Get it through your head.

CarvinSigX 03-27-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEL4SEPICMULLET (Post 62536309)
In other news, water is wet. Isn't this guy always on the block?

Seems that way. Nobody would pay the asking price either. So what does Tambo do? Hands him another contract, then shops him again.

Green Blob* 03-27-2013 04:27 PM

Doesnt this come up EVERY year?

Fire Sweeney 03-27-2013 04:27 PM

The yearly Hemsky rumor

http://myhereandthere.com/files/2011...ne-to-ring.jpg

VinnyC 03-27-2013 04:28 PM

Booth + 3rd for Hemsky

come @ me

Boba Fettuccine 03-27-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Blob (Post 62536487)
Doesnt this come up EVERY year?

Yep. And every year Tambellini asks too much for him

Zal 03-27-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanwest (Post 62536077)
Not at all. Hemsky definitely has value. I think he's a piece that the Oilers should trade but a number of teams would be interested in him and as we've seen prices are higher at the trade deadline with few sellers and many buyers.

None of the teams that are favored will trade for him. Possibly a fringe team, but that's it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.