HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Confirmed Trade with Link [CGY/PIT] Jarome Iginla for Kenneth Agostino, Ben Hanowski, 2013 1st rounder - Part 2 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1387501)

EastonBlues22 03-28-2013 02:20 AM

[CGY/PIT] Jarome Iginla for Kenneth Agostino, Ben Hanowski, 2013 1st rounder - Part 2

Part 1

Continue.

Crafton 03-28-2013 03:18 AM

i'm kind of surprised that Alex Velischek wasn't added to the deal. he was a college teammate of Mark Jankowski and just signed a deal a ECHL contract with Wheeling.

glasgow26 03-28-2013 03:19 AM

Still can't believe any of this. Epic fail by Ward and what the hell was Feaster thinking?!

Art of Sedinery 03-28-2013 03:19 AM

Why do you always manage to lock when I am in the middle of a post??

Anyways...

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilinblood (Post 62601077)
Anywho i dont care but Iggy has too much class for that team. It still bothers me that that is Marios team and --perhaps he whined a bit back in his day-- but he actually had 3 or 4 guys draped on him every shift and soldiered on. He only really complained in his weak surgery years...or when guys intentionally went at his knees. I cant believe HE, of all people, is involved in a group as whining as them. They are the Canucks of the EAST.

Bold #1 - That line could just as easily (if not wayyy easier) be applied to the Bruins.

Bold #2 - That was legal at the time. That's how they played defence in the 90's.

Art of Sedinery 03-28-2013 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafton (Post 62601221)
i'm kind of surprised that Alex Velischek wasn't added to the deal. he was a college teammate of Mark Jankowski and just signed a deal a ECHL contract with Wheeling.

Then he MUST be good. :sarcasm:

JJTT 03-28-2013 03:20 AM

just woke up, wtf is this? Who are Kenneth Agostino, Ben Hanowski. I thought iginla would get määttä or despres + 1st. Well guess not.

OGBobbyFarnham 03-28-2013 03:21 AM

I actually woke up at 12:30am eastern and seen the trade was done, then read down my twitter updates. I missed a crazy night!

Feaster's hands were tied here. Pretty obvious Iginla chose the Pens and i give him all the thank you's in the world for doing so.

I hope the Pens 1st turns out to be Iginla 2.0 and i feel for Bruins fans across the world tonight.

Reinhart 03-28-2013 03:22 AM

Are Boston fans really angry?

Perhaps Iginla was planning on going to the Pens the whole time. Perhaps the Flames and the Bruins were working together to help drive up the cost of obtaining Jarome?

Nothing to be angry about from a Bruins' perspective I think. Nothing to be angry about from Pens either (though, I am sure they are rejoicing).

Calgary Fans, on the other hand....

I just think Feaster was accommodating the greatest player in Flames' franchise history and sending him to the team he most wanted to play for, and who seemed like the favorites in winning the cup. Jarome has been a class act the whole time with the Flames. Calgary showed some class back at Jarome. Hope he wins it!

Franck 03-28-2013 03:23 AM

I'm getting the sense that Feaster/Flames org. really likes NCAA prospects.

I guess the big difference between this and the supposed Boston deal is that this one gives the Flames an opportunity to re-sign Iginla in the summer.

Jacob 03-28-2013 03:24 AM

I am speechless. I am without speech.

Sakic 03-28-2013 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRagingBolshevik (Post 62601293)
I'm in ANA so I win the "different point of view" war!! ;)

possibly, but I have to live in cgy as a canucks fan with all of this going on...while you live in near paradise...

so....

edit: wanna trade?

edit2: actually, pittsburgh seems like a better place for me...

Old Man Barking 03-28-2013 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakic (Post 62601469)
possibly, but I have to live in cgy as a canucks fan with all of this going on...while you live in near paradise...

so....

edit: wanna trade?

You win.

YES. i WILL TRADE, INSTANTLY.

Howboutthempanthers 03-28-2013 03:26 AM

OMG. What happened?! He was going to Boston a few hours ago. You gotta love sports.

ProstheticConscience 03-28-2013 03:26 AM

Holy ****, someone get on the phone with Feaster and offer him Higgins and a jumbo bag of Doritos for Iginla. Might see him traded to the 3rd team tonight. :sarcasm:

Tawnos 03-28-2013 03:27 AM

Posted this on my NYR board, but wanted to throw this out there here as well.

I think I've only seen one rental deal of this type that actually had people thinking the team trading the player got a better deal, and that was the Kaberle trade in 2011, and ironically Boston won the Cup anyway. Why are people always so shocked that the ransom for a player whom you might only get 3.5 months (a likely less) of service out of isn't that great? I mean, if a 35 yr old, pending UFA, Gretzky can get traded for Vopat, Tardif, Johnson, 1st and 5th, is Agostino, Hanowski, 1st really that awful of a return for 35 year old Jerome Iginla?

oilinblood 03-28-2013 03:27 AM

This debacle is more proof that we should have a sticky on the HFboards that has sources with a credibility measure. Bob Mac is obviously 100%. when it was first reported by Ward i immediately stated that i was befuddled and cautious since Ward, and the TSN article credited to Ward as source...continued to use terms of "it is believed to be..."(which basically says it is still speculation and not officialas advertised) and that Bob Mac wasnt putting his name to it.

every source should have a rating and Wards should plummet hard to even below hockey Buzz bloggers.

fallsviewafro* 03-28-2013 03:30 AM

(phone rings)

"Hey, Feaster. Chiarelli here. I thought about what you said about the Iggy trade, and I agree, we do need to add more. We've got another guy here... Bartkowski."

"No, sorry, not intere- wait, did you say 'owski?!?'"

"Yes, that's correct. Bartkowski. He's basically Bartschi and Jankowski put together... see?"

"My God... you're right. It's done; we'll announce it in the morning."

...time passes....

(phone rings)

"Feaster! Shero here. I heard something about you and Chiarelli making a trade around Bartkowski."

"Well, maybe. No comment."

"Well, I see Chiarelli's 'Bartkowski' and raise you 'Hankowski!'"

"But... Chiarelli told me Bartkowski is Bartschi and Jankowski put together! How could you possibly beat that?"

"Well, Hankowski is a college player, like Jankowski is. Plus, we'll even add in a guaranteed first-rounder! Not conditional! So you could go out and draft another Jankowski in the first round!"

"...consider it done."

Sakic 03-28-2013 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRagingBolshevik (Post 62601499)
You win.

YES. i WILL TRADE, INSTANTLY.

sorry bro, penguins offered a similar package.

tons of ducks fans here though

Lilou 03-28-2013 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilinblood (Post 62601589)
I want to see the Ward debacle again. if you have it

Can you explain what this is all about? I just got on and found out about this trade. Lots of references to this Ward guy.

ChoseLa 03-28-2013 03:31 AM

Can't wait for Chia to go on a presser saying Feaster embellished it and he bought it.

Old Man Barking 03-28-2013 03:31 AM

Aaron Ward proclaimed on Twitter that Iggy to Boston was a done deal.
TSN staff quoted it and backed it up, turns out to be wrong.

Sakic 03-28-2013 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilou (Post 62601681)
Can you explain what this is all about? I just got on and found out about this trade. Lots of references to this Ward guy.

Aaron Ward confirmed the bruins had got Iginla, obviously he was wrong.

SoupyFIN 03-28-2013 03:32 AM

Just woke up and read the news. Penguins going all in this year it seems.

spOiler 03-28-2013 03:32 AM

If iggy plays with Crosby will it be the golden goal line?

BayStBullies 03-28-2013 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fallsviewafro (Post 62601657)
(phone rings)

"Hey, Feaster. Chiarelli here. I thought about what you said about the Iggy trade, and I agree, we do need to add more. We've got another guy here... Bartkowski."

"No, sorry, not intere- wait, did you say 'owski?!?'"

"Yes, that's correct. Bartkowski. He's basically Bartschi and Jankowski put together... see?"

"My God... you're right. It's done; we'll announce it in the morning."

...time passes....

(phone rings)

"Feaster! Shero here. I heard something about you and Chiarelli making a trade around Bartkowski."

"Well, maybe. No comment."

"Well, I see Chiarelli's 'Bartkowski' and raise you 'Hankowski!'"

"But... Chiarelli told me Bartkowski is Bartschi and Jankowski put together! How could you possibly beat that?"

"Well, Hankowski is a college player, like Jankowski is. Plus, we'll even add in a guaranteed first-rounder! Not conditional! So you could go out and draft another Jankowski in the first round!"

"...consider it done."

These posts are never funny. Just another swing and miss.