HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Bgoty- mon @ bos ? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1387609)

hockeyisforeveryone 03-28-2013 05:29 AM

Bgoty- mon @ bos ?

Dang just saw a replay and I was blown away. This game had it all. Swings in momentum, great battles, and most of all SICK goals. It had to go to the 6th round(?) in shootouts to be decided...this game was epic. I could not help jumping for joy at every goal scored. Gallagher getting the last was pretty cool what a story.

Besides the rivalry being classic I love how different the two teams are and then make for such an entertaining matchup. They are both great hockey teams, I wouldn't want to bet who wins a 7 game series.

Games like this are good for the sport and you wish every game was as close. As much as NBCS advertised, was there even 1 fight? I can't remember because it was a straight up skill fest.

Honour Over Glory 03-28-2013 05:32 AM

Really? I think the 1-0 game against the Pens and Habs was also a great and entertaining game that had little battles all throughout the game.

I don't think the score needs to be run up for it to be enjoyable, although that 7-6 game was pretty fun to watch between the Pens & Habs.

Trance Kuja 03-28-2013 05:35 AM

As long as there's back and forth action and timely saves by the goaltenders, a game will be entertaining no matter the score.

icerocket 03-28-2013 05:38 AM

Played Pittsburgh tooth and nail and had an amazing comeback vs the Bruins when it looked like nobody on the Habs was doing anything right.

hockeyisforeveryone 03-28-2013 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory (Post 62605291)
Really? I think the 1-0 game against the Pens and Habs was also a great and entertaining game that had little battles all throughout the game.

I don't think the score needs to be run up for it to be enjoyable, although that 7-6 game was pretty fun to watch between the Pens & Habs.

Ya know I missed that one. Every game is probably as great, specially if you were there live. I only have the ability to see limited games so this was just a great one for me, reminded me of BOS and MTL in the playoffs 2011(?). Also I could care less about the score.

MasterDecoy 03-28-2013 05:57 AM

im a habs fan and montreal-boston games are always good, no matter who wins.

and whichever team loses, sends it's own board into a tourrettes-infused rage-a-thon with suicide watch on stand-by

good times

Ozamataz Buckshank 03-28-2013 06:00 AM

That delay of game penalty, and subsequent tying goal with 8 seconds left, was infuriating. Real fun game though.

SCBruCrew4 03-28-2013 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterDecoy (Post 62605755)
im a habs fan and montreal-boston games are always good, no matter who wins.

and whichever team loses, sends it's own board into a tourrettes-infused rage-a-thon with suicide watch on stand-by
good times

This (Boston Fan here) and last nights heartbreaker and hearing Iginla going to the Pens and not the B's despite the early reports...made last night and this morning even more suicidal lol.

WhiskeySeven 03-28-2013 06:43 AM

It was a good game to show a hockey-noob about the potential tension of a good hockey game. Nothing really sloppy aside from the goaltending and the team that played by the rules and didn't dive won at the end fair and square.

Dr Gonzo 03-28-2013 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyisforeveryone (Post 62605237)

Games like this are good for the sport and you wish every game was as close. As much as NBCS advertised, was there even 1 fight? I can't remember because it was a straight up skill fest.

There was 1 fight (Campbell / Moen) that pretty much ended in a draw, and was useless in the grand scheme of things.

sharks9 03-28-2013 06:59 AM

It was a great game! I can't remember the last time we've changed goalies and come out with a win. I think this is the first time in 2 years or so that Price has been pulled.

Davebo 03-28-2013 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo (Post 62607125)
There was 1 fight (Campbell / Moen) that pretty much ended in a draw, and was useless in the grand scheme of things.

Yep - that happened right after krejci turned tail and ran from Markov (Markov, of all people!). Markov offered to go with him a couple of times in the first - I wonder what that was about?

loadie 03-28-2013 07:33 AM

Love Bruin - Habs games. Arguably the best rivalry in hockey.

PricePkPatch 03-28-2013 07:58 AM

Indeed, extremely entertaining game for sure! Both teams blew 2-goal leads, both teams made big comeback and had dominating play periods.

ClasslessGuy 03-28-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KesselForSelke (Post 62605813)
That delay of game penalty, and subsequent tying goal with 8 seconds left, was infuriating. Real fun game though.

The delay of game was infuriating but it's the rule.

edit: and they might have to look at that rule for reason like yesterday

RussCourtnallsGhost 03-28-2013 08:11 AM

Two good teams playing really bad hockey. Entertaining though!

WhiskeySeven 03-28-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Clearly you've never had Hamrlik and Spacek patrolling your blue-line.

Lshap 03-28-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Can't blame you at all. For what it's worth to Bruins fans, almost every Habs fan agrees that it was a weak way to decide such a great game. Yes, technically it was correct, but what a mood-killer!

Overall, most Habs fans acknowledged it was a classic match even when it looked like we were going to lose. I hope most Bruins fans appreciated it on that level.

MoreOrr 03-28-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lshap (Post 62611673)
Can't blame you at all. For what it's worth to Bruins fans, almost every Habs fan agrees that it was a weak way to decide such a great game. Yes, technically it was correct, but what a mood-killer!

Overall, most Habs fans acknowledged it was a classic match even when it looked like we were going to lose. I hope most Bruins fans appreciated it on that level.

When at the very end you lose the Win in big part to a horrible penalty call near the end of the game, and against the team you hate the most.... No, it's very hard to appreciate the game. Nonetheless though, thanks for the sentiment.

Watsatheo 03-28-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreOrr (Post 62614275)
When you're on the losing end due in big part to a horrible penalty call near the end of the game, and against the team you hate the most.... No, it's very hard to appreciate the game. Nonetheless though, thanks for the sentiment.

That call happened against the Habs (Hamrlik) in the playoffs once. It's a black and white call, you can't not call it, but I'd agree mid-air delay of game shouldn't be a penalty.

On a side note, Bruins had more scoring chances and better shots during the Habs PPs than the Habs. Even the Habs goal was a own goal. Wish the game was 5 on 5 the whole game.

lillypad33 03-28-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

When at the very end you lose the Win in big part to a horrible penalty call near the end of the game, and against the team you hate the most.... No, it's very hard to appreciate the game. Nonetheless though, thanks for the sentiment.

It's not a HORRIBLE call, it's an AUTOMATIC call.
Don't blame the official, blame the league for having it in there in the first place.
Every other call is a judgement one, this one is automatic.

PricePkPatch 03-28-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

To every exciting and emotive game, there's gonna be a loser and a winner. And the loser is always gonna feel terrible. That's the point of emotive games.

But for neutral fan; I am sure this was a thoroughly entertaining event.

CDJ* 03-28-2013 10:20 AM

My only complaint with the officiating is the Too Many Men that wasn't called on Ryder's second goal. The last penalty is automatic, but it's a stupid rule. Nothing to be done there.

CDJ* 03-28-2013 10:22 AM

It was a great game, and both teams were deserving of at least one point though.

Grasshopperking 03-28-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lillypad33 (Post 62617733)
It's not a HORRIBLE call, it's an AUTOMATIC call.
Don't blame the official, blame the league for having it in there in the first place.
Every other call is a judgement one, this one is automatic.

Didn't see where he laid blame in this post :help: