HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Colorado Avalanche (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   GDT: Avs @ Canucks 8 PM MDT || Ugh (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1387845)

Freudian 03-28-2013 11:57 AM

Avs @ Canucks 8 PM MDT || Ugh

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx...95k2o1_500.gif

TwoPadStack 03-28-2013 11:59 AM

This is tonight? Seriously? Oh boy, we're in for a good laugh.

I'll go with 6-2 Canucks.

IndustryLeech 03-28-2013 12:01 PM

3-2 Avs steal one somehow.

chet1926 03-28-2013 12:01 PM

I guess it depends who is in goal tonight for us... Varly 4-1 loss, Giggy 6-2 loss.

Also pretty much guarantee we come out of the first period down 2 or 3 to 0.

bohlmeister 03-28-2013 12:02 PM

7-0 Vancouver.

Words can't express how poorly this team is playing right now.

GamingGiant 03-28-2013 12:04 PM

5-1 Vancouver.

3-0 after the 1st.

the_fan 03-28-2013 12:05 PM

You guys still watch the Avs?

All i do is check the score at the end of the day and i know Avs probably lost, i just say, NICE...one more loss closer to Seth Jones

IndustryLeech 03-28-2013 12:07 PM

I've seen every game the Avs have played since moving to Colorado, minus a handful that were blacked out on Center Ice many years ago. I love the Avs, win or lose. I'll keep watching no matter how embarrassing we are.

TwoPadStack 03-28-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_fan (Post 62621091)

I'm still a fan, yes. It's painful but I go through it.

S E P H 03-28-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

All i do is check the score at the end of the day and i know Avs probably lost, i just say, NICE...one more loss closer to Seth Jones

Too busy watching the Hawks win right? :sarcasm:

I think Canucks play down to our level and we somehow win this one in OT or SO.

Landeskog The Viking 03-28-2013 12:12 PM

im all in for a top 3 pick but i hope varly don't give up on us and if they don't get rid of sacco there nuts

the_fan 03-28-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndustryLeech (Post 62621187)
I've seen every game the Avs have played since moving to Colorado, minus a handful that were blacked out on Center Ice many years ago.

Me too. I've always had center ice and watched every single Avs game until recently. I watched just parts of the game against the Dallas, and i didn't watch the last game at all.

There is no point watching this team the rest of this season because they don't play any kind of entertaining game anymore. Plus why would i watch them lose game in game out?

I am actually checking the scores and hoping Avs lost. Hopefully they do indeed pick #1 or #2 overall, make some huge changes in the off-season so they'll be watchable next year.

If no changes are made next year that makes me believe Avs will have a much better season, i'm not gonna renew my center ice.

Nzap 03-28-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Nope. Just watch the highlights in the morning.
Can't find motivation to wake up at 2-4am to watch this team.
I probably watched around 50 games last season.

AvsFanRCN 03-28-2013 12:16 PM

Luckily I'm busy during the game and won't be able to watch it, thank god cause I don't know if I could handle two avs games in a row right now :laugh:, on the other hand its always great checking my phone after our games against the Canucks and seeing 10 texts from Canucks fans who still think its funny that their team beat mine

RockLobster 03-28-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoPadStack (Post 62621203)
I'm still a fan, yes. It's painful but I go through it.

Seconded...I was remarking to my GF last night and asking, "Is it sad that I've just come to expect them to lose every game this season?"

She responded that it was "depressing, as a fan, to have to experience that".

And she will only occasionally watch Avs games with me, she knows of the key players (Landeskog, O'Reilly, Duchene) but even SHE was remarking at how badly they look, how defeated they look (not sure how she could tell that?)

She was also saying how "dumb it looked" when they were trying to gain access to the Offesnive zone on the PP...I just laughed and shook my head and agreed with her.

GamingGiant 03-28-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Always. I bleed burgundy and blue.

If for no other reason I watch to see how players are developing.

SoundwaveIsCharisma 03-28-2013 12:20 PM

6-5 Canucks.

Avs let in 5 goals in the first period, come back to within 1, let the Canucks score and then get a late goal to make it a one goal game.

Obvious tank is obvious continues.

Freudian 03-28-2013 12:22 PM

Even if Avs lose more than they should, there are bright spots. Duchene, Parenteau and O'Reilly playing well. Landeskog, Mitchell, EJ and Barrie showing more good things than bad things. The physical comedy of Palushaj.

SoundwaveIsCharisma 03-28-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamingGiant (Post 62622057)

I am in the same boat. I am okay with tanking this season, some of it is the Seth Jones hype, but most of it is that it should force management to get rid of the dead weight and make some aggressive changes. I also really enjoy watching the young guys developing. Dutch has been fantastic this season, Barrie continue to impress me, O'Reilly looks like he is changing his game to become more of an offensive guy.

I am hoping to see Lando and EJ find their games, EJ looked fantastic in the third period last game and needs to play like that more. For EJ, I feel the best defense is a good offense.

IndustryLeech 03-28-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freudian (Post 62622243)
Even if Avs lose more than they should, there are bright spots. Duchene, Parenteau and O'Reilly playing well. Landeskog, Mitchell, EJ and Barrie showing more good things than bad things. The physical comedy of Palushaj.

Pajamas is really fun to watch. Say what you will about him, the kid plays with complete reckless abandon. I've never seen him phone a shift in. In my opinion it's unacceptable that NutSacco would sit him, yet of course he did and I imagine will again.

tucker3434 03-28-2013 12:29 PM

How is it possible for another team to be this much worse than us? Fla is still 2 pts back and we have 2 games in hand? It's time to kick this tank into overdrive and show who wants Jones the most.

Jeff_Dyck_#1 03-28-2013 12:31 PM

7-1 Vancouver

chet1926 03-28-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamingGiant (Post 62622057)

I still watch every game, my friends and family question why, but I really enjoy watching the Avs, they're my team no matter how bad. That why this year has been overly difficult, as they seem to have actually gotten worse.

The way I look at it is our core players seem to be playing well, its the surrounding cast and coaching staff that sucks. So hopefully players like Seimens, Barrie, Elliott, Hishon and Sgarbossa can start to fill holes on the roster.

Plus after a year like this there is only way to go...up.

The Pwnerer 03-28-2013 12:39 PM

Looking at these roster this team is literally compiled of two extremes. We have gems but on the other side we have some of the worst players in the league. Not just one or two but 4,5....6 players Ugh

kento19 03-28-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockLobster (Post 62621869)
Seconded...I was remarking to my GF last night and asking, "Is it sad that I've just come to expect them to lose every game this season?"

She responded that it was "depressing, as a fan, to have to experience that".

And she will only occasionally watch Avs games with me, she knows of the key players (Landeskog, O'Reilly, Duchene) but even SHE was remarking at how badly they look, how defeated they look (not sure how she could tell that?)

She was also saying how "dumb it looked" when they were trying to gain access to the Offesnive zone on the PP...I just laughed and shook my head and agreed with her.

Wow. My girlfriend asks me why their "costumes" aren't nicer and feels bad for the team that's losing.