HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Feaster likely just earned himself an extension (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1387851)

Puckgenius* 03-28-2013 11:07 AM

Feaster likely just earned himself an extension

Even though he said yesterday that hes not ready to rebuild the flames, hes still considering it retooling on the fly. Flames management is very pleased with the return and according to flames poll this morning, 56% of calgarians are happy. If the flames ownership is happy, then i think this not only saved Feasters job but he will most likely get an extension.

KadriFeedsMeCrow* 03-28-2013 11:12 AM

What has Feaster done for this Flames organization apart from drafting Backlund? Tying up millions on JayBo? Trading their top young dman for walnuts? I dont see why he deserves it, maybe someone can fill me in.

VeteranNetPresence 03-28-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KadriFeedsMeCrow (Post 62621551)
What has Feaster done for this Flames organization apart from drafting Backlund? Tying up millions on JayBo? Trading their top young dman for walnuts? I dont see why he deserves it, maybe someone can fill me in.

that was all d sutter

vanwest 03-28-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckgenius (Post 62621197)
Even though he said yesterday that hes not ready to rebuild the flames, hes still considering it retooling on the fly. Flames management is very pleased with the return and according to flames poll this morning, 56% of calgarians are happy. If the flames ownership is happy, then i think this not only saved Feasters job but he will most likely get an extension.

I think most of those 56% in the poll who were happy were Oiler and Canuck fans living in Calgary. Keeping my fingers crossed that he gets an extension soon! :)

I Hate Chris Butler 03-28-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Feaster literally did none of that.

Pierre Dagenais 03-28-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckgenius (Post 62621197)

What if 56% of Calgarians said they were happy because they thought Feaster was getting canned for sure?

habs03 03-28-2013 11:17 AM

Not a fan of Feaster

But I have to say, a lot of blame has to go to ownership, IMO the only reason this isn't a full rebuild is because they don't want.

And if your Feaster what options do you have put sign guys to big contracts that are out there, Wiedman, Hudler etc.

bigbuffalo313 03-28-2013 11:18 AM

Calgary fans are happy because Iggy has a chance at the the cup, not because of the return.

InfinityIggy 03-28-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

:shakehead

Absolutely pathetic post. Feaster did none of those things.

madmike77 03-28-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Feaster has been with the Flames for all of two years. He didn't make a single move you're describing. Everything there was a D. Sutter move.

Feaster dealt Regehr (mediocre return, but Regehr isn't what he used to be), dealt Bourque (pretty good trade for the Flames) and was in charge of the last two drafts.

useless 03-28-2013 11:24 AM

If it's just a rental as a lot of people say it's great return. Calgary loves Iggy and gave him what he wants a shot at the cup. If it's just a rental Shero has fully learned after the hossa mess that you don't give up too much.

Icelevel 03-28-2013 11:30 AM

iginla will be back in calgary to start next year. Have to keep that in mind when analyzing the deal.

TakeThatTootoo 03-28-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmike77 (Post 62622251)
Feaster has been with the Flames for all of two years. He didn't make a single move you're describing. Everything there was a D. Sutter move.

Feaster dealt Regehr (mediocre return, but Regehr isn't what he used to be), dealt Bourque (pretty good trade for the Flames) and was in charge of the last two drafts.

Lets not forget the debacle at the 2012 draft. Traded down to 21 to get Jankowski? :help:

nickschultzfan 03-28-2013 11:31 AM

Feaster is as bad as Sutter. When he came in, he should have done an instant rebuild.

"Retooling" is to GMs what the Keynesian Economics and Bailouts are to politicians. It's used to avoid a depression and to pretend that things are better than they are, but it just hollows out the underground supports of a system.

Sometimes you have to hit bottom. Sometimes you have to go into a depression. Sometimes you just have to admit that you need to do a real rebuild.

Cause the moment you do, you are often suprised how quickly the turn around can happen.

AvalancheFan19 03-28-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icelevel (Post 62622821)
iginla will be back in calgary to start next year. Have to keep that in mind when analyzing the deal.

Is this confirmed?

tsujimoto74 03-28-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TakeThatTootoo (Post 62622823)
Lets not forget the debacle at the 2012 draft. Traded down to 21 to get Jankowski? :help:

I don't see why that's a huge deal. It's not like last year's draft was considered to be loaded with talent. He picked up an extra asset and went for a boom/bust pick that could pay off in the future.

HawkinMI 03-28-2013 11:34 AM

Honestly, I agree. I already thought he'd not be fired due to Flames management tolerating the other things he's done in office. I didn't even know they not only tolerated it, but were happy with the trade.

Get used to Feaster, Calgary fans. He'll be around for a while. Although, maybe this Iginla trade is Calgary actually starting their rebuild.

Edit: At the end of the day, the return on the trade wasn't even that bad. Plus, they finally got the Iginla situation off their hands. Now they can focus on becoming a better team.

Beastly Bozak 03-28-2013 11:35 AM

i wanna see what he does with jaybo before he gets any kind of extension

AH 03-28-2013 11:36 AM

I still dont get how a man who in 3 weeks can from making an offer sheet for ROR to literally taking steps to blow it up.

It speaks to a complete lack of vision on how to run said operation.

It's mind boggling.

Ziggy Stardust 03-28-2013 11:37 AM

That Cervenka contract alone should earn Feaster an extension.

Fish on The Sand 03-28-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icelevel (Post 62622821)

I highly doubt this

hototogisu 03-28-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TakeThatTootoo (Post 62622823)

How is that a "debacle"? Because they didn't pick the guy that THN had ranked higher? Is Jankowski's career over? Have we closed the books on the 2012 draft already?

So many questions...

TheOriginalSilf* 03-28-2013 11:44 AM

If Feaster somehow gets an extension out of all of this, I'd weep for Flames fans. There is no worse punishment than having the absolute worst GM in the NHL being extended to take over a re-build that Feaster still refuses to 100% address as such.

TMI 03-28-2013 11:46 AM

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but party is over folks. Carry along.

Devilspuppet666 03-28-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

sutter drafted baclund.... back in 2007... where you been??? and literally all this post is not true.... omg...

and he has boosted our prospect pool over the years, we are getting younger