HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Prospect Info: All Prospect Talk Part 2 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1387873)

Kurtosis 03-28-2013 11:24 AM

All Prospect Talk Part 2
 
Other thread was above threshold...continue.

HockeySensible 03-28-2013 12:17 PM

McNeill's coming to Rockford and it looks like Danault will be too in the next couple days. Danault will (likely) finish his QMJHL career losing in back-to-back years in upset fashion. It's not just him, Jaskin's been MIA all series, but kinda sucks for Danault to be on powerhouse teams in back-to-back years and not even get out of the 1st round.

Going to guess the lines when McNeill/Danault come will look something like this:

Olesz - St. Pierre - Morin
Smith - Pirri - Danault
McArdle - Froese - Beach
Svendsen - Nordstrom - McNeill

deytookerjaabs 03-28-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HossTheBoss (Post 62626633)
McNeill's coming to Rockford and it looks like Danault will be too in the next couple days. Danault will (likely) finish his QMJHL career losing in back-to-back years in upset fashion. It's not just him, Jaskin's been MIA all series, but kinda sucks for Danault to be on powerhouse teams in back-to-back years and not even get out of the 1st round.

Going to guess the lines when McNeill/Danault come will look something like this:

Olesz - St. Pierre - Morin
Smith - Pirri - Danault
McArdle - Froese - Beach
Svendsen - Nordstrom - McNeill

Why wouldn't McNeill play 3C?

Blackhawkswincup 03-28-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HossTheBoss (Post 62626633)
McNeill's coming to Rockford and it looks like Danault will be too in the next couple days. Danault will (likely) finish his QMJHL career losing in back-to-back years in upset fashion. It's not just him, Jaskin's been MIA all series, but kinda sucks for Danault to be on powerhouse teams in back-to-back years and not even get out of the 1st round.

Going to guess the lines when McNeill/Danault come will look something like this:

Olesz - St. Pierre - Morin
Smith - Pirri - Danault
McArdle - Froese - Beach
Svendsen - Nordstrom - McNeill

More likely Rockford Coaches dont use them much and go with what they have

Hogs are more concerned right now with making playoffs then giving McNeill/Danault playing time

Kurtosis 03-28-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 62627581)
More likely Rockford Coaches dont use them much and go with what they have

Hogs are more concerned right now with making playoffs then giving McNeill/Danault playing time

Yeah, pretty much. Only way one of them would get significant burn is if someone went down with an injury.

That being said they will see a lot of ice next year (and Danault has a shot of actually making the big club in my opinion).

Hawkster 03-28-2013 12:41 PM

I think Danault will get some significant icetime with the Hogs. He only had a couple of assists in 7 games there last season, but he impressed with his work ethic and two-way play.

I'm not so sure about McNeill. He was more of a passenger in his first spell in the AHL, but is a 1st rounder who needs icetime at a higher level. Maybe he gets it this season, maybe he doesn't.

Garret Ross should also be there shortly (London should put Saginaw out of their misery tonight).

Sevanston 03-28-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 62627581)
More likely Rockford Coaches dont use them much and go with what they have

Hogs are more concerned right now with making playoffs then giving McNeill/Danault playing time

Maybe not McNeill, but the Rockford coaches loved Danault when he was there last year, so I'm sure he'll get decent ice time.

HockeySensible 03-28-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs (Post 62627395)
Why wouldn't McNeill play 3C?

He played mostly on the 4th line last year and the Icehogs are trying to make the playoffs - hence, they likely don't want to disrupt the lineup too much. Danault played on Pirri's wing last year and had success, that's why he's in the top-6, otherwise he'd be on the 4th line too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 62627581)
More likely Rockford Coaches dont use them much and go with what they have

Hogs are more concerned right now with making playoffs then giving McNeill/Danault playing time

Mark McNeill and Phillip Danault are better than Brad Mills and Matt Beaudoin. Maybe they don't get in right away, but both will play games for the Icehogs, and likely the majority of their remaining games. They're 1st round picks, not scrubs.

KanetoToews2883 03-28-2013 12:50 PM

I don't see Bickell leaving the Hawks. I see him signing a team friendly deal in and around a 1-2 mil for 2 years or so. whatever coincides with the Toews/Kane contracts. He has said he's willing to take less money to stay with the Hawks supposedly and if that is true... the Hawks should have no problem re-signing him.

I don't know about Stalberg though... Stalberg I see leaving the Hawks and getting 3+ somewhere else

Blackhawkswincup 03-28-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HossTheBoss (Post 62629263)
He played mostly on the 4th line last year and the Icehogs are trying to make the playoffs - hence, they likely don't want to disrupt the lineup too much. Danault played on Pirri's wing last year and had success, that's why he's in the top-6, otherwise he'd be on the 4th line too.



Mark McNeill and Phillip Danault are better than Brad Mills and Matt Beaudoin. Maybe they don't get in right away, but both will play games for the Icehogs, and likely the majority of their remaining games. They're 1st round picks, not scrubs.

Hogs are looking to make playoffs

Sticking kids into lineup isn't the way to go

Danault might draw in but McNeill isn't a sure thing

Not Now John 03-28-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KanetoToews2883 (Post 62629331)
I don't see Bickell leaving the Hawks. I see him signing a team friendly deal in and around a 1-2 mil for 2 years or so. whatever coincides with the Toews/Kane contracts. He has said he's willing to take less money to stay with the Hawks supposedly and if that is true... the Hawks should have no problem re-signing him.

I don't know about Stalberg though... Stalberg I see leaving the Hawks and getting 3+ somewhere else

Wrong thread. ;)

I definitely see McNeill and Danault being big impact players in Rockford next year. Danault, if at all, will only come to the Hawks if he's spent a significant amount of time just tearing the AHL to shreds.

HockeySensible 03-28-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 62629591)
Hogs are looking to make playoffs

Sticking kids into lineup isn't the way to go

Danault might draw in but McNeill isn't a sure thing

No, I'm telling you right now it is a sure thing that they both play a lot of Rockford's remaining games to end the season and wanting to make the playoffs is exactly why.

You don't dress Brad Mills and Matt Beaudoin over Mark McNeill and Phillip Danault because they're "kids". McNeill and Danault are both significantly better than those players and therefore, they'll dress.

Like I said, maybe not the minute they get there, but after a couple practises, they'll get in.

Sarava 03-28-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HossTheBoss (Post 62629811)
No, I'm telling you right now it is a sure thing that they both play a lot of Rockford's remaining games to end the season and wanting to make the playoffs is exactly why.

You don't dress Brad Mills and Matt Beaudoin over Mark McNeill and Phillip Danault because they're "kids". McNeill and Danault are both significantly better than those players and therefore, they'll dress.

Like I said, maybe not the minute they get there, but after a couple practises, they'll get in.

We'll see. The Hogs are playing really well right now, and if they keep it up they'll actually make the playoffs for once. I doubt they would want to make too many drastic changes. That being said, it would be hard to keep Danault out of the lineup.

HockeySensible 03-28-2013 01:55 PM

For the record, Rockford was on a nice roll when Joakim Nordstrom's season ended in Sweden. He's come over and stepped right into the line-up, despite never playing in N.A. Mark McNeill and Phillip Danault are both better than Nordstrom, so why would anyone think they wouldn't play much?

Sevanston 03-28-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HossTheBoss (Post 62634941)
For the record, Rockford was on a nice roll when Joakim Nordstrom's season ended in Sweden. He's come over and stepped right into the line-up, despite never playing in N.A. Mark McNeill and Phillip Danault are both better than Nordstrom, so why would anyone think they wouldn't play much?

By the way, anyone who's on the "when are we finally going to dump Kruger/Frolik" wagon should watch the development of Nordstrom as he's one of the most likely to be groomed as their replacement.

Hawkaholic 03-28-2013 02:12 PM

If I'm Chicago, Danault and McNeill only play enough games so they don't burn a year of their contract. Rockford has been doing amazing the last few weeks, so they don't really need an improvement.

It's more beneficial to the Hawks that they have these guys on ELCs for another year as oppossed to them helping the Hogs get to the playoffs.

Not sure what the brass actually thinks about it though.

HockeySensible 03-28-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkaholic (Post 62636441)
If I'm Chicago, Danault and McNeill only play enough games so they don't burn a year of their contract. Rockford has been doing amazing the last few weeks, so they don't really need an improvement.

It's more beneficial to the Hawks that they have these guys on ELCs for another year as oppossed to them helping the Hogs get to the playoffs.

Not sure what the brass actually thinks about it though.

Their contracts will slide to next year because they weren't 20 by December 31st 2012, regardless of how many games (playoffs/regular season) they play in Rockford.

Hawkaholic 03-28-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HossTheBoss (Post 62637011)
Their contracts will slide to next year because they weren't 20 by December 31st 2012, regardless of how many games (playoffs/regular season) they play in Rockford.

Hmm, didn't know about that rule...I thought if they played X amount of games that it didn't matter.

HockeySensible 03-28-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkaholic (Post 62637411)
Hmm, didn't know about that rule...I thought if they played X amount of games that it didn't matter.

If they play in the NHL, it would matter. Since their in the AHL, it doesn't.

Both of Pirri/Morin's contract slid over a year, despite both playing in the AHL for a full year. The reason? They were both 19.

Hawkaholic 03-28-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HossTheBoss (Post 62638077)
If they play in the NHL, it would matter. Since their in the AHL, it doesn't.

Both of Pirri/Morin's contract slid over a year, despite both playing in the AHL for a full year. The reason? They were both 19.

Cool, I learned something new today.

Hawkster 03-28-2013 03:09 PM

Teuvo Teravainen's season is over.

Jokerit lost 3-1 today to complete a 4-2 series loss.

HockeySensible 03-28-2013 03:14 PM

Sucks for Jokerit, but Teuvo had a really good season after his slow start. Excited to see him at Prospects camp in a few months.

Sevanston 03-28-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HossTheBoss (Post 62641207)
Sucks for Jokerit, but Teuvo had a really good season after his slow start. Excited to see him at Prospects camp in a few months.

My bet: He will (and should) look like the best prospect there. Just like last year.

I'd love to see him in the AHL soon though. More for selfish reasons than development ones though, since I have an easier time watching AHL games than SM-Liiga.

HockeySensible 03-28-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevanston (Post 62641485)
My bet: He will (and should) look like the best prospect there. Just like last year.

Yep, that's what I'd expect too. Unfortunately, it's Chicago fans only chance to see him in N.A as he won't be attending training camp next year either.

massivegoonery 03-28-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevanston (Post 62635895)
By the way, anyone who's on the "when are we finally going to dump Kruger/Frolik" wagon should watch the development of Nordstrom as he's one of the most likely to be groomed as their replacement.

I remember that wagon. Last time I saw it, it was upside down in a ditch, on fire.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.