HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   NHL Entry Draft: Devils Mock Draft 2013 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1388789)

hlaverty06 03-29-2013 09:06 AM

Devils Mock Draft 2013

I have us picking between 15-20

Round 1
Anthony Mantha

Round 2
Pavel Buchnevich

Round 3 (If we move a defender for a pick, strong feeling we will)
Sergei Tolchinsky...He is definitely very undersized but his speed and willingness to go into corner (and he's stronger on the puck than Teddy) Makes him a good pick I think

Round 4
Ben Harpur...would be a Peter Harrold replacement, played D for two seasons but is a converted forward. Big and physical at 6'4".

Round 6
Joose Antonen, if he made it to the NHL would be as a bottom 6 player..physical and hard shot

Round 7
MacKenzie Weegar, great offensive upside as a defender but gets pushed around a bit in his own end

Undrafted (worth a look I think)
-Keegan Kanzig D ....big dude whose physical
-Hampus Olsson RW/ ...6'5" did well as a screen on his amateur team on the PP, he is a give it your all type of player and good energy
-Matej Beran LW (if we don't look at Olsson)... same deal as Olsson huge guy but Beran's much slower and has cement feet
-Vyacheslav Osnovin...great on his skates, good speed, and good puck handling skills again its his willingness to come over. He's a center
-Ville Husso....goalie, this guy I think will be a steal and If we draft him I think he will turn out being better than Wedge/Kinkaid/Clermont

Kurdt Kobain 03-29-2013 09:29 AM

Your assessment of Weegar is way off. He's been our only consistent dman for the past 4-5 months, and not once have I ever seen him be "pushed around". With the way his game has progressed, he should be gone by the end of Round 4.. but may be available sometime in the 5th.

David Strorm 03-29-2013 11:08 AM

One thing though Rey, Weegar us older than mot draft eligibles, and he plays on the best team in the CHL.

Kurdt Kobain 03-29-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ControlPuck (Post 62706471)
One thing though Rey, Weegar us older than mot draft eligibles, and he plays on the best team in the CHL.

Yes, but you also have to remember that this is his rookie season in the Q.. and he's been the top defenceman on said best team. The last game I went too, he single handedly carried this team to a win over Rimouski, which is no small task. I'm not saying he's the best defenseman in the draft, i'm just saying that as someone who's seen him plenty of times live, i've never seen him "pushed around".

And to top it off, in the 3 mock drafts that have been done so far on here (including Yandle's), on average, he's gone at 110th. ;)

Aela* 03-29-2013 12:43 PM

Bo Horvat would be a perfect pick for New Jersey. Granted the drafts have NJ as somewhere around 27th right now, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he was drafted a lot earlier at 14th-17th. I'd even choose him over Mantha, because Horvat can score (not as well as Mantha perhaps, but that will come in time), wins at least 65% of all faceoffs, and probably more like 70% (especially on the PK/PP), is physical, has excellent defensive play and is probably 1st or 2nd in the League in blocked shots, he fights every battle and wins most of them, and is a very very steady player with practically zero downside. You simply won't see him cough up pucks, not backcheck hard enough, etc.

Kurdt Kobain 03-29-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaelanstorm (Post 62711403)
Bo Horvat would be a perfect pick for New Jersey. Granted the drafts have NJ as somewhere around 27th right now, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he was drafted a lot earlier at 14th-17th. I'd even choose him over Mantha, because Horvat can score (not as well as Mantha perhaps, but that will come in time), wins at least 65% of all faceoffs, and probably more like 70% (especially on the PK/PP), is physical, has excellent defensive play and is probably 1st or 2nd in the League in blocked shots, he fights every battle and wins most of them, and is a very very steady player with practically zero downside. You simply won't see him cough up pucks, not backcheck hard enough, etc.

... that and you like him more because he plays for your London Knights ;) :laugh:

Aela* 03-29-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rey72335 (Post 62712049)
... that and you like him more because he plays for your London Knights ;) :laugh:

hahaha, yeah no kidding. best team in the chl, and he's doing work on said team :sarcasm: :laugh:

Kurdt Kobain 03-29-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaelanstorm (Post 62712649)
hahaha, yeah no kidding. best team in the chl, and he's doing work on said team :sarcasm: :laugh:

The sarcasm is strong with this one :yoda:

Aela* 03-29-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rey72335 (Post 62715213)
The sarcasm is strong with this one :yoda:

They really are the best team in the CHL though ;)

LatvianTwist 03-29-2013 09:22 PM

Why does this need to be on this board...? Why not on the Devils' board?

Kurdt Kobain 03-29-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaelanstorm (Post 62741691)
They really are the best team in the CHL though ;)

I think the CHL top-10 disagrees with you.. :nod:

Water Knight 03-29-2013 10:10 PM

No offense ,but you missed a guy for the devils they might take. ;)

I predict that Anthony Brodeur will be taken by them at the draft. Probably with their 7th round pick if he is available.

hlaverty06 03-30-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LatvianTwist (Post 62743629)
Why does this need to be on this board...? Why not on the Devils' board?

Because its a mock draft, whine elsewhere LT