HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Kings Vision: Stanley Cup Moments - Episode 9 - Kopitar's OT Winner (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1389309)

KingsVision 03-29-2013 07:16 PM

Stanley Cup Moments - Episode 9 - Kopitar's OT Winner

Stanley Cup Moments presented by McDonalds. The Kings win their 9th straight road playoff game as Anze Kopitar scores an OT goal to give the Kings the victory in game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final. Watch the entire series here - lakings.com/moments.

CNS 03-29-2013 07:24 PM

KV does it again. 9/9 at making me tear up...

TheSentinel 03-29-2013 09:56 PM

Allergies...wait i don't have any...ugh...Did you see the Devils' fans behind Kopi in dispair?:nopity:

Live in the Now 03-29-2013 10:38 PM

I've never looked forward to a game more in my whole life than that one. Was so nervous. Then...boom.

KingsKnight 03-29-2013 11:03 PM

Stop it KV. I don't want to feel anymore ;) Scary to think how the first two games could have gone either way. What a relief it was to see us win both. Just unreal.

Dmoney97 03-29-2013 11:26 PM

Awesome! Got the chills watcing it again. I remember how loud I screamed when Kopi made that sick move.

KingsCorona 03-29-2013 11:28 PM

This is one of my top few most vivid memories of the playoffs. The second I saw the puck hit Kopi's stick I knew he was gonna win it for us.
My eyes were as wide as saucers when he skated in on Brodeur, and when I saw the puck slide over the line I very nearly hit the roof. Watching that goal gives me goosebumps every time :nod:

TruKingFan 03-29-2013 11:58 PM

Lost in all the hoopla about JDubs pass (and righfully so), it wouldn't have happened without that nifty, off-the-boards chip pass by Doughty. Can't teach that either.

Muzzfan 03-29-2013 11:59 PM

Knowing that Kopitar used that deke and went to the backhand last time abusing and highlight reeling Brodeur the time before... switching it up on Brodeur this time by going to the forehand.

Watching Brodeur do that Scorpion Kick with his right leg elevated and Kopitar figuring out to shoot it underneath his raised pad was amazing. The no look pass from Williams was like a sixth sense. Doughty following up the play and chipping that out after it was poked from Brownie, to get the puck out.

I was so amped by all of this, I didn't sleep until about 2 am after that game.

I'll never forget that move and this game for as long as I live.

Great moment captured, KingsVision. Thanks for allowing us to revisit this.

Nose of Sutter 03-30-2013 12:39 AM

This is a game I will never forget, I knew when Kopi scored the Cup was gonna be ours.

Ziggy Stardust 03-30-2013 03:07 AM

Oh how I wish all of these Stanley Cup moments clips were all packaged into a blu-ray release...

KingsKnight 03-30-2013 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust (Post 62756389)
Oh how I wish all of these Stanley Cup moments clips were all packaged into a blu-ray release...

...with every game in full please

ibleedkings 03-30-2013 11:44 AM

That was the best birthday gift ever! I never remember my b-days but ill never forget this one.

mysteryman 03-30-2013 12:29 PM

That never gets old....

BehindEnemyLines 03-30-2013 01:31 PM

I was in my last quarter of College, sitting in my last evening class and luckily we had computers in that class. I had the game up but had to minimize the game as the professor walked by. When I maximized it a couple minutes later I saw the huge scrum and couldn't believe it. Ahh what a great move by Kopi. Still my favorite goal from the S.C. playoffs.