HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   New Number 2 in Save % (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1389343)

Pangu 03-29-2013 06:59 PM

New Number 2 in Save %
 
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but it would appear Ben Bishop is now number 2 on the NHL leadership board for save %.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...centageLeaders

starling 03-29-2013 07:19 PM

Real number 2 is Lehner. He just didnt play enough games to appear on the list.

MrG 03-29-2013 07:20 PM

lol @ Anderson's numbers. They are just so ridiculous. So unfortunate that he got hurt, would've loved to have seen how they would've ended up after the season.

Good for Bish. Such a good guy and a good teammate. Sucks that he will (in all likelihood) be dealt eventually. Would love him as the Sens long term back up. He deserves a shot at being a #1 somewhere.

Rhino Reilly 03-29-2013 07:25 PM

If Andy hadn't gotten hurt, Ya Bishh probably wouldn't have hit the # of games to become an RFA. Blessing in disguise?

ReginKarlssonLehner 03-29-2013 07:30 PM

Anderson would have won the vezina. :cry:

I actually do think it's a blessing because Bishop's value now is five times as much as it was before.

cobaltseraphim* 03-29-2013 08:01 PM

Looks like we could get a 1st round pick for him. Or at least a 2nd of more value then the one we gave away.

arglebargle 03-29-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobaltseraphim (Post 62737099)
Looks like we could get a 1st round pick for him. Or at least a 2nd of more value then the one we gave away.

I don't know. He's not going to have enough NHL games under his belt for anyone to want to give up a big haul for him.

The Habs got Eller and some other dude for Halak after 79 games from 08-10 and 18 playoff games where he got red hot. Bishop will have around 30 and some playoff games depending on what happens.

sensageddon 03-29-2013 09:32 PM

How did this team go from a goalie graveyard to a goalie paradise?

It was the only weak point of the team for so damn long!

Even if the team is letting them see the shots all 3 have looked better than all the rest of our goalies except hasek who went and got hurt.

I really do not envy Murray in regards to the 3 but I think he has to hang on to all of them. Could he try and pull off some blockbusters for Alfie?

Sucks Spezza won't be back anytime soon.

Nabokov20 03-29-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starling (Post 62734319)
Real number 2 is Lehner. He just didnt play enough games to appear on the list.

Give Robin a couple more starts and it'll be a Sens sweep. :yo: :naughty: :handclap: :nod: :D

That said, shouldn't it be based on minutes played?

saskriders 03-29-2013 09:37 PM

What is the minimum number of games to qualify? 12?

guyzeur 03-29-2013 10:28 PM

If it's prorated it could be 15 at the end of the season... I see Bernier with 10 GP on the list

SilverSeven 03-29-2013 11:15 PM

I still dont get the urge to trade Bishop. He wins games. Something Lehner still isnt doing, despite the numbers he posts.

SilverSeven 03-29-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sensageddon (Post 62744521)
How did this team go from a goalie graveyard to a goalie paradise?

It was the only weak point of the team for so damn long!

Even if the team is letting them see the shots all 3 have looked better than all the rest of our goalies except hasek who went and got hurt.

I really do not envy Murray in regards to the 3 but I think he has to hang on to all of them. Could he try and pull off some blockbusters for Alfie?

Sucks Spezza won't be back anytime soon.

A large part of it has to be coaching. Despite all the shots we give up, it does seem like a lot are perimeter and rebounds are usually taken care of quickly.

Not to detract from our 3 goalies. They have been spectacular.

Iamok 03-29-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSeven (Post 62751433)
I still dont get the urge to trade Bishop. He wins games. Something Lehner still isnt doing, despite the numbers he posts.

That's because Lehner's had the tendency of facing the tougher competition.

Weighted P% of teams Bishop faced: .542
Weighted P% of teams Lehner faced: .614

That's the difference of playing the 9th team in the league vs. playing the 16th team in the league.

Ismellofhockey 03-30-2013 12:21 AM

Gonna be between Ottawa and Chicago for the Jennings.

Sensgirl65 03-30-2013 12:41 AM

Our goaltending has been phenomenal this year. :handclap: Really nice to see given our past reputation as a goalie graveyard.

arian487 03-30-2013 01:18 AM

I don't know why so many people are quick to talk about trading away Bishop. He's been great and he seems like a guy that is quickly becoming a fan favourite. As much as I love Lehner, I'm actually really happy for Bishop every time he wins a game. Just seems like an awesome guy. We are at the point where we need to hold on to our pieces, we simply aren't ready to become a top contender yet and jumping the gun might hurt us. I really feel like Bishop has more value to this team staying on it then trading him for a 2nd rounder or something.

SilverSeven 03-30-2013 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamok (Post 62753061)
That's because Lehner's had the tendency of facing the tougher competition.

Weighted P% of teams Bishop faced: .542
Weighted P% of teams Lehner faced: .614

That's the difference of playing the 9th team in the league vs. playing the 16th team in the league.

And for a little reference, the 9th place team is TO with 42 points, 16th is DAL with 35...and 2 games in hand.

Not a very big difference. Just a question, does that take into account the games they played? If it does, the fact that Bishop wins more can make a pretty big difference with how tight the league is this year and the shortened season.

Bishops wins have come against NJ NYR TOR MTL BUF NYI NJ NYR
Lehners against NYR WIN TB

Bishops losses against TB WIN PHI TOR
Lehners losses against BOS NYI BOS MTL BOS

Just putting it up for reference. Lehner has lost to some good teams, and all 3 Boston games were very close. While Bishop has faced less high end teams, he has also beaten them when he has.

arian487 03-30-2013 01:33 AM

I don't know why so many people are quick to talk about trading away Bishop. He's been great and he seems like a guy that is quickly becoming a fan favourite. As much as I love Lehner, I'm actually really happy for Bishop every time he wins a game. Just seems like an awesome guy. We are at the point where we need to hold on to our pieces, we simply aren't ready to become a top contender yet and jumping the gun might hurt us. I really feel like Bishop has more value to this team staying on it then trading him for a 2nd rounder or something.

moz 03-30-2013 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamok (Post 62753061)
That's because Lehner's had the tendency of facing the tougher competition.

Weighted P% of teams Bishop faced: .542
Weighted P% of teams Lehner faced: .614

That's the difference of playing the 9th team in the league vs. playing the 16th team in the league.

It's late so I could be making a fool of myself, but wouldn't the higher win percentage of Lehner's opposition support SilverSeven's hypothesis? They have higher win percentages partly due to the games they won against the Senators with Lehner in net.

For example, wins against Lehner account for 14% of Boston's wins, and their points percentage would drop by ten (from .718 to .625) without those victories.

Yokai 03-30-2013 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arglebargle (Post 62743879)
I don't know. He's not going to have enough NHL games under his belt for anyone to want to give up a big haul for him.

The Habs got Eller and some other dude for Halak after 79 games from 08-10 and 18 playoff games where he got red hot. Bishop will have around 30 and some playoff games depending on what happens.

Pretty sure they could have got more. Their GM just happened to be impatient and/or dumb.

Sensgirl65 03-30-2013 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moz (Post 62756077)
It's late so I could be making a fool of myself, but wouldn't the higher win percentage of Lehner's opposition support SilverSeven's hypothesis? They have higher win percentages partly due to the games they won against the Senators with Lehner in net.

For example, wins against Lehner account for 14% of Boston's wins, and their points percentage would drop by ten (from .718 to .625) without those victories.

Yeah, I tend to agree with you. Just for fun, I calculated it:

Weighted P% of teams Bishop faced: 0.542
Weighted P% of teams Bishop faced (excluding games against Bishop): 0.544

Weighted P% of teams Lehner faced: 0.614
Weighted P% of teams Lehner faced (excluding games against Lehner): 0.606

I think I can explain why the P%s don't show much of a difference. Using Boston as an example, their current P% is .718 (21-7-4). If you omit their wins against Lehner, their point percentage would be 0.689 (18-7-4). Their P% wouldn't drop down to 0.625; that would only be the case if we assume that they had played and lost all 3 games against Lehner in regulation.

What I conclude from this is that a team's P% doesn't change that much if you omit the wins/losses versus Bishop and Lehner. So Iamok's observation appears to be valid. Also, it's late, so I apologise if I made a mistake :laugh:

Iamok 03-30-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moz (Post 62756077)
It's late so I could be making a fool of myself, but wouldn't the higher win percentage of Lehner's opposition support SilverSeven's hypothesis? They have higher win percentages partly due to the games they won against the Senators with Lehner in net.

For example, wins against Lehner account for 14% of Boston's wins, and their points percentage would drop by ten (from .718 to .625) without those victories.

While you are correct that it would make a difference, it'd generally affect the other team's P% by 1/30 to 1/35 depending on the team (# games they've played), so the difference would be negligible (as indicated above, I see)

Pitlick* 03-30-2013 08:41 AM

If Chicago falls short because of Crawford, I'd see what they will pay for Chicago boy Anderson in the offseason. I don't want to trade him, but for a high price, maybe.

H2O 03-30-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WantEggRoll (Post 62757215)
Pretty sure they could have got more. Their GM just happened to be impatient and/or dumb.

Also, Eller was one of the top prospects for the Blues. 13th overall pick? I think that's a good deal for both sides.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.