HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Winnipeg - Phoenix (Vrbata) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1389439)

Jets 03-29-2013 09:21 PM

Winnipeg - Phoenix (Vrbata)
 
To Winnipeg:
Radim Vrbata
2013 5th Round Pick

To Phoenix:
2013 2nd Round Pick (Winnipeg)
2013 3rd Round Pick (Chicago)


Winnipeg needs 2nd line RW help and are in the market. Is this enough?

OT OEL 03-29-2013 09:29 PM

I think Vrbata could fetch more

Fathead 03-29-2013 09:30 PM

Phx says no.

YotesFan47 03-29-2013 09:33 PM

Vrbata is our only real sniper and finisher, no chance we move him.

TyroneShoelaces 03-29-2013 09:35 PM

Isn't he useless when he plays for any team other than the Coyotes?

Jets 03-29-2013 09:35 PM

Ah ok, wasn't sure the price was so high. If we couldn't nab him for some picks or any of the guys in StJ then maybe there isn't a deal here...

MillarWithASave 03-29-2013 10:03 PM

Vrbata alone is worth a 1st+.

Lux Aurumque* 03-29-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MillarWithASave (Post 62741701)
Vrbata alone is worth a 1st+.

Maybe to Phoenix, but not to anyone else. A 2nd and a 3rd may even be overpayment

phamJET 03-29-2013 10:13 PM

vrabata would be worth a 1st if he was younger, vrabata is +30, so maybe a 2nd and a 3rd is worth it.

IPreferPi 03-29-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jets (Post 62738481)
To Winnipeg:
Radim Vrbata
2013 5th Round Pick

To Phoenix:
2013 2nd Round Pick (Winnipeg)
2013 3rd Round Pick (Chicago)


Winnipeg needs 2nd line RW help and are in the market. Is this enough?

Vrbata is our lone true sniper who's underrated defensively - he's definitely worth a 1st (and probably would be GMDM's asking price). But we aren't moving him - and other teams are taking a risk acquiring him, he seems to only put up good numbers playing for Phoenix (and with Hanzal).

DesertDawg 03-29-2013 10:17 PM

Coyote's top offensive threat signed through next year traded for a 2nd & 3rd? Do you really believe there is any incentive there?
Like that's going to help the franchise.
So how are the 'Yotes going to replace him?
This is a player that left the 'Yotes and requested to be traded back in what resulted as one of the most lopsided trades in franchise history.
If the Jets aren't offering Kane, I don't see any interest...

Dark Knight 03-29-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian Airlines (Post 62742279)
Maybe to Phoenix, but not to anyone else. A 2nd and a 3rd may even be overpayment

It is to any team that has done their homework in pro scouting.

He's a legit top 6 forward and their values are more than a 2nd + 3rd.

hurricanedave 03-29-2013 10:19 PM

Can't see him being had for a 2nd and 3rd. Would likely take a 1st+, he is on a cheap cap hit ($3m) for a guy who scored 35 goals last season and has 17 points in 20 games this year. He may be 31 years old but he is playing pretty well this season.

Kimahri 03-29-2013 10:25 PM

No...

Mr Misty 03-29-2013 10:55 PM

As a Stars fan who wants to see the end of Vrbata in the same division, I would say that isn't even close to being what he is worth. If a 2nd and a 3rd was all it takes there would be a ton of teams willing to pull the trigger.

Duke749 03-29-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamJET (Post 62742581)
vrabata would be worth a 1st if he was younger, vrabata is +30, so maybe a 2nd and a 3rd is worth it.

Yeah, ok. :shakehead

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertDawg (Post 62743139)
Coyote's top offensive threat signed through next year traded for a 2nd & 3rd? Do you really believe there is any incentive there?
Like that's going to help the franchise.
So how are the 'Yotes going to replace him?
This is a player that left the 'Yotes and requested to be traded back in what resulted as one of the most lopsided trades in franchise history.
If the Jets aren't offering Kane, I don't see any interest...

Alright let's not let this get out of hand. It didn't start well but this would lead us down the wrong path.

XX 03-29-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian Airlines (Post 62742279)
Maybe to Phoenix, but not to anyone else. A 2nd and a 3rd may even be overpayment

:laugh: Okay. I'll keep the 35 goal scorer then.

DesertDawg 03-29-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke49 (Post 62748475)
Alright let's not let this get out of hand. It didn't start well but this would lead us down the wrong path.

Why, you don't believe that the Coyotes would trade Radim Vrbata for Evander Cane? It isn't like the Coyotes are shopping RV. Or is this about a fantasy thing that tends to run amuck on these boards?

CC96 03-29-2013 11:59 PM

No way, Vrbata is nearly at PPG this year, and the only legit goal scorer on the Coyotes roster, who is signed at a steal of a contract worth 3 million per year. Besides he's mentioned that he doesn't want to leave Arizona, because he likes it here and has struggled with every team he's ever played for except Phoenix.

Brooklanders* 03-30-2013 12:02 AM

probably a first from Boston or the Kings for Vrbata

Duke749 03-30-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertDawg (Post 62749085)
Why, you don't believe that the Coyotes would trade Radim Vrbata for Evander Cane? It isn't like the Coyotes are shopping RV. Or is this about a fantasy thing that tends to run amuck on these boards?

What makes you think Vrbata has the same value as Kane?

IPreferPi 03-30-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS (Post 62750867)
probably a first from Boston or the Kings for Vrbata

In no way, shape, or form will the Yotes trade Vrbata to someone within the division.

helgo 03-30-2013 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke49 (Post 62750951)
What makes you think Vrbata has the same value as Kane?

He has not, that being said, we are talking about only real sniper from a team, which struggles to score. I doubt you would see Vrbata traded for picks or prospects, these guys could end up being great, but what about now, who will replace his production? Coyotes would look for upgrade, i. e. forward with a better scoring touch or younger forward with similar production. And if you look at the Jets roster, there's Kane maybe Wheeler, who fills these criteria. That doesn't mean, that Vrbata has same value as these guys, it just shows, how highly unlikely it is, that Vrbata would be moved...

Jetsfareast 03-30-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by helgo (Post 62757711)
He has not, that being said, we are talking about only real sniper from a team, which struggles to score. I doubt you would see Vrbata traded for picks or prospects, these guys could end up being great, but what about now, who will replace his production? Coyotes would look for upgrade, i. e. forward with a better scoring touch or younger forward with similar production. And if you look at the Jets roster, there's Kane maybe Wheeler, who fills these criteria. That doesn't mean, that Vrbata has same value as these guys, it just shows, how highly unlikely it is, that Vrbata would be moved...

How about telegin + postma for vrabata + Phoenix 3rd

thadd 03-30-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian Airlines (Post 62742279)
Maybe to Phoenix, but not to anyone else. A 2nd and a 3rd may even be overpayment

Well why on earth would Phoenix deal him for a price that they feel is lower than what he's worth to the team?

It doesn't matter what other teams think he's worth.

MY GOD! :shakehead

He's easily their best sniper and he's been very reliable. They by no means have any wish of trading him. That would be like the Penguins trading Crosby right now. No way the Penguins want to unload him. It would take an incredibly sick package of assets.

A first line center or an elite 2nd line center who's also an elite shutdown center
A first pairing d-man
2 first rounders
a prospect

Sounds about right to me. No, Crosby isn't worth that much. But that's probably what it would cost for Shero to say "yeah... I'd make that move."


If you actually wanted to get them to give Vrabada up for futures I imagine it would be 2 first rounders or a first rounder and a good prospect.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.