HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Science (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=245)
-   -   Bald Eagle protects nest from Redtailed Hawk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1389643)

LadyStanley 03-30-2013 02:12 AM

Bald Eagle protects nest from Redtailed Hawk
 
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/natio...owTwt_BAYBrand

Caught on camera (warning - graphic video); no sound.

invictus 03-30-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyStanley (Post 62756471)
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/natio...owTwt_BAYBrand

Caught on camera (warning - graphic video); no sound.

Holy ****! Wow. And here I thought they were all stoic and chill :laugh:

WarriorOfGandhi 03-30-2013 11:46 AM

why would a red-tail take on such a bigger bird? I can only suppose that it must have been starving to try to get one of the eagle eggs.

parabola 03-30-2013 03:38 PM

Eagles all like FREE FOOD

Jussi 03-30-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invictus (Post 62767321)
Holy ****! Wow. And here I thought they were all stoic and chill :laugh:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3fb8fQK7X1r7n72s.gif

Fish on The Sand 04-01-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi (Post 62767767)
why would a red-tail take on such a bigger bird? I can only suppose that it must have been starving to try to get one of the eagle eggs.

You'd think it would wait until the eagle left the nest.

SugarSherm 04-01-2013 08:20 AM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6mksfEMHA1rs8cjh.jpg

Billy Mays Here 04-01-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soldiermedic (Post 62906671)

Was just going to post that.

xX Hot Fuss 04-03-2013 10:00 AM

Apparently birds are protective of their nests...

I've never seen a raptor go that berserk before though..yikes


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.