HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Trade Deadline: your call (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1390065)

Lord Ahriman 03-30-2013 04:44 PM

Trade Deadline: your call

Let's face it people, this team is struggling and it seems there are not light at the end of the tunnel. So it's your call: what should the B's do? Stand pat and trading some UFA's? All in and making every single prospect and picks available?

Justin St Pierre 03-30-2013 06:08 PM

Do what must be done to have the team HFBoards really wants:

Pouliot - Krejci - Wheeler
Karsums - Whitfield - Ryder
Axelsson - Sobotka - Bitz
Rabbit - Thompson - Hendricks

Lashoff - Kampfer
Wideman - Hunwick
Hnidy - Kaberle

Auld
Grahame

Whiskey Sam 03-30-2013 06:09 PM

I don't envy Chia this decision, but in my mind, given the recent title and the fact this team at no time this season has really looked championship caliber despite the record, makes me say don't go all in and mortgage your future. Unless they can acquire a top line scorer, make some moves to shore up the third line and defense, hope Yeti comes over, and hope we get hot at the right time.

Ratty 03-30-2013 06:10 PM

Well, they've already failed at landing an impact player. The next available impact player (MSL) is now not available.

Something has to be done to shake this team out of its doldrums. Call up Max Sauve or Koko and play Bartkowski/Krug. Give Daugavins a slot on the bottom six. Sit Lucic and Ference for a game. Cut down on Chara's TOI. He's making costly mistakes lately. Give Khoudobin more starts.

It may not be desperate times but it's close to it.

MaritimeHockeyNut 03-30-2013 06:17 PM

Stand pat and wait for your opportunity. Whether its before the deadline, the draft or next year. Why trade the farm when we are one draft away of having a streaming flow of talent coming up the pipes. Long term contender will always out weigh the blow your load mentality. Its good business and anything can happen in the playoffs. Pitts might get bumped first round and then they'll have to disassemble their team this year or next. Good luck with that.

Of course though being a armchair GM, you have the luxury of blowing your load every year without getting screwed in the future. ;)

Hazi 03-30-2013 06:33 PM

I say get Clowe and a solid defenseman to pair up with Ference. Also give Daugavins a chance in the line-up. It may sound crazy but this is what the lines would be:

Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Daugavins - Krejci - Horton
Lucic - Peverley - Clowe
Paille - Campbell - Thornton

Daugavins would bring speed to Krejci's line and when Soderberg comes this is the lineup:

Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Peverley - Krejci - Horton
Lucic - Soderberg - Clowe
Paille - Campbell - Thornton

That's a dream 3rd line if you ask me!

bruinswincup 03-30-2013 06:35 PM

anything to shake up this sleep walking team.

GoBs 03-30-2013 06:35 PM

For d trade for one of:

Streit
Yandle
Robidas

Boyle

For forwards one of

Jagr
Clowe

And Caron for PRV

SPV 03-30-2013 06:37 PM

I still like the Hemsky & Whitney or Streit & Boyes ideas; in addition to bringing in Ryane Clowe. This team needs depth to get Caron and Pandolfo out of the line-up!! And they need another player like Clowe that can bring out their physical game; they are in a shell for whatever reason this season.

westernhome 03-30-2013 06:38 PM

do we shake up before or after a repeat of last years playoffs?

I'm getting uneasy right now about this roster

TMac21 03-30-2013 06:38 PM

May have to give Pevs the boot to serve notice to the rest of the troops.

westernhome 03-30-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMac21 (Post 62799905)
May have to give Pevs the boot to serve notice to the rest of the troops.

I'd rather see Horton go, Pevs has been hampered by playing with bad AHL linemates most of the season

Horton on the other hand has had the best linemates and ice time and is visibly annoying to watch

whatsbruin 03-30-2013 06:42 PM

I go for an impact first liner. Get him by trading prospects and picks and Caron.
This impact player does not have to be a UFA at the end of the year. You make
this move knowing your letting Horton go.

Move Horton or Lucic down to the third line, and have him play with Pevs and Yeti.

Defense if you can upgrade, okay, but I think come playoff time, if McQuaid
and Boychuck are back they'll be okay.

I also look for a real energy 4th liner you get cheap. Hopefully someone to
spark this team up.

Actp 03-30-2013 06:45 PM

Get one or two third liners and a depth d or a better d. Cut Pandolfo and trade Caron. The third line is unacceptable even on a losing team

GloveSave1 03-30-2013 06:48 PM

Clowe and Streit.

But Chia will do

Ribeiro and a cheap defensive minded Dman.

WBC8 03-30-2013 06:49 PM

Please look at the standings and look at our record. We are fine. We are just tired. We have played many games in many days. We are still exhausted from winning the Cup in 2011.

DKH 03-30-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin St Pierre (Post 62796943)
Do what must be done to have the team HFBoards really wants:

Pouliot - Krejci - Wheeler
Karsums - Whitfield - Ryder
Axelsson - Sobotka - Bitz
Rabbit - Thompson - Hendricks

Lashoff - Kampfer
Wideman - Hunwick
Hnidy - Kaberle

Auld
Grahame

Awesome

Sigh 03-30-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloveSave1 (Post 62801021)
Clowe and Streit.

But Chia will do

Ribeiro and a cheap defensive minded Dman.

I just threw up in my mouth.

smithformeragent 03-30-2013 06:50 PM

Trade for Derek Roy and have him center the third line.

Pevs-Roy-Kelly

MaritimeHockeyNut 03-30-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithformeragent (Post 62801373)
Trade for Derek Roy and have him center the third line.

Pevs-Roy-Kelly

I like it. Can we get a side of Souray while we are there?

Bruwinz37 03-30-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 (Post 62801175)
Please look at the standings and look at our record. We are fine. We are just tired. We have played many games in many days. We are still exhausted from winning the Cup in 2011.

Lou, in theory I agree with you. But I am borderline thinking we should sell at this deadline.

Pitt is a powerhouse and our team looks lifeless and disinterested. Furthermore there is very little that we can add that wont cost us an arm and a leg because there are too many teams still in it.

This is why I said earlier this year that the depth concerned me. I was borderline mocked for it.

Oh well.

GoBs 03-30-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaritimeHockeyNut (Post 62801831)
I like it. Can we get a side of Souray while we are there?

Souray plays for Anaheim.

Maybe
Robidas or Daley

Defense should be our 1st priority.

WBC8 03-30-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 (Post 62801849)
Lou, in theory I agree with you. But I am borderline thinking we should sell at this deadline.

Pitt is a powerhouse and our team looks lifeless and disinterested. Furthermore there is very little that we can add that wont cost us an arm and a leg because there are too many teams still in it.

This is why I said earlier this year that the depth concerned me. I was borderline mocked for it.

Oh well.

Yeah I'm with you, I didn't put the emoticons.... THis team is terrible right now... I don't care about the losses...should me some interest for crying out loud.

I was right there with you with the depth...but we were told what do we know...along with some others..

MaritimeHockeyNut 03-30-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 (Post 62801849)

Oh well.

Cause this isnt NHL13. If your in a good position, Like the bruins are this year and hopefully many years to come, you go for it no matter what. You dont sell cause you just dont like your chances LOL. Com'on... Com'on... But I hear the Pitts bandwagon is passing through be sure to buy a ticket.

smithformeragent 03-30-2013 07:00 PM

While the defense could be improved, they're losing hockey games because the third line isn't scoring and the first line isn't capitalizing on match ups brought about by the balanced scoring attack.