HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Call-Up: Tennyson recalled (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1390069)

LadyStanley 03-30-2013 04:47 PM

Tennyson recalled
 
With Demers out, Tennyson recalled.

TheJuxtaposer 03-30-2013 04:49 PM

Good for Tennyson. He deserves it.

OffSydes 03-30-2013 06:14 PM

Former Jr. Shark too!

Dicdonya 03-30-2013 06:30 PM

What kind of kid is Tennyson? I mean does he lean towards being more offensive or defensive?

TheJuxtaposer 03-30-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicdonya (Post 62799037)
What kind of kid is Tennyson? I mean does he lean towards being more offensive or defensive?

Offensive. Smooth-skater. Decent defensively. Decent size. I really enjoyed watching him in Worcester.

Dicdonya 03-30-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 62799161)
Offensive. Smooth-skater. Decent defensively. Decent size. I really enjoyed watching him in Worcester.

Thanks Jux. So basically he sounds like a Demers, in terms of playstyle?

TheJuxtaposer 03-30-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicdonya (Post 62799483)
Thanks Jux. So basically he sounds like a Demers, in terms of playstyle?

Effectively, yes.

BPark162 03-30-2013 06:49 PM

I know I don't come around here enough, but I am pretty excited to see Tennyson play for the big club.

He used to hang out over at my parents house because he was literally best friends with my little brother in high school. I've never seen him actually play yet though. He is a real good kid that will mesh well in our locker rooms style(I'm assuming based on his personality, or what I could gather about him the few times I met him) and is one heck of a D-man. I remember hearing he has a heavy heavy shot if my memory is not clouded by time.

OrrNumber4 03-30-2013 06:51 PM

Like Demers. Less hand-grenadey with the puck. Not quite as chippy.

Brent Burns 03-30-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OffSydes (Post 62797423)
Former Jr. Shark too!

Oh wow awesome
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 62799161)
Offensive. Smooth-skater. Decent defensively. Decent size. I really enjoyed watching him in Worcester.

Thanks, was going to ax this
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkuterie (Post 62801289)
I know I don't come around here enough, but I am pretty excited to see Tennyson play for the big club.

I have met the kid at my own house a bunch of times because he was literally best friends with my little brother in high school. He is a real good kid that will mesh well in our locker rooms style(I'm assuming based on his personality) and is one heck of a D-man. Heavy heavy shot if my memory is not clouded by time.

Cap'n crunch or cocoa puffs?

19sharks19 03-31-2013 04:39 PM

Wondering if he will get into the lineup tomorrow. Thus moving Burns up again and sitting Burish. Would hope he gets an oportunity.

Led Zappa 03-31-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19sharks19 (Post 62869619)
Wondering if he will get into the lineup tomorrow. Thus moving Burns up again and sitting Burish. Would hope he gets an oportunity.

Pollak: (Aside: Anybody heading to Vegas? Can you put $20 down for me that Burns will be back at forward Monday night? No, I donít care about the odds.)

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/sharks/...ore/#more-9335

sharks fan 209 03-31-2013 04:47 PM

Would like to see him in the line up. Like seeing the guys from worcester. Waiting for the day we find that one gem that just wows us.

210 03-31-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Led Zappa (Post 62870007)
Pollak: (Aside: Anybody heading to Vegas? Can you put $20 down for me that Burns will be back at forward Monday night? No, I donít care about the odds.)

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/sharks/...ore/#more-9335

I'm tempted to take that bet...

210 03-31-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharks fan 209 (Post 62870043)
Would like to see him in the line up. Like seeing the guys from worcester. Waiting for the day we find that one gem that just wows us.

Yeah, me too. :sarcasm:

Kitten Mittons 03-31-2013 06:30 PM

Hey you have the next Bure in Tarasov, don't complain.

OrrNumber4 03-31-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 210 (Post 62874993)
Yeah, me too. :sarcasm:

Wasn't Pavelski the last prospect to knock your proverbial socks off? Though you had very positive things to say about Irwin, as well....

Kitten Mittons 03-31-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrrNumber4 (Post 62878229)
Wasn't Pavelski the last prospect to knock your proverbial socks off? Though you had very positive things to say about Irwin, as well....

Couture.

210 03-31-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons (Post 62879013)
Couture.

I remember vividly when Couture ran over Matt Zaba in the playoffs...you don't see many players decide to just flat out run over a goaltender to get to a loose puck, but there was no doubt that was what Couture tried to do. He earned every second of the five minutes he got, and that lit a spark under the WorSharks and they came back from down 3-0 to tie it. I knew right then the kid would do anything to win.

210 03-31-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons (Post 62876757)
Hey you have the next Bure in Tarasov, don't complain.

Valeri?

OrrNumber4 03-31-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 210 (Post 62887677)
I remember vividly when Couture ran over Matt Zaba in the playoffs...you don't see many players decide to just flat out run over a goaltender to get to a loose puck, but there was no doubt that was what Couture tried to do. He earned every second of the five minutes he got, and that lit a spark under the WorSharks and they came back from down 3-0 to tie it. I knew right then the kid would do anything to win.

Actually, you had many positive things to say about Stalock. Thought the world of him, IIRC

210 03-31-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrrNumber4 (Post 62889581)
Actually, you had many positive things to say about Stalock. Thought the world of him, IIRC

I have many positive things to say about a lot of prospects, but very few have been in the Pavelski/Couture class.

Lebanezer 04-01-2013 12:29 AM

http://media.mlive.com/broncos_impac...0857-small.jpg

http://www.ukrcom.sumy.ua/i/12436498628670.jpg

Oh the possibilities...

Pinkfloyd 04-01-2013 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lebanezer (Post 62900043)

Just roid him up and we're good to go. Let's do this.

LadyStanley 04-03-2013 03:04 PM

210Darryl 12:01pm via Web Matt Tennyson is listed as back with the #WorSharks...there is a good chance this may just be a paperwork transaction.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.