HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Rumor Yandle as per TFP (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1390927)

rockinghockey 03-31-2013 01:38 PM

Yandle as per TFP

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/phx130331.html

Yandle available for the rite price.

Also says that they received an offer that was close at the draft which I am guessing was the Gagner and PRV for Yandle. PHX should of taken that deal.

Also states that he was talking just to Eastern teams but now talking to Western teams also.

Wonder what it would take?

Crymson 03-31-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinghockey (Post 62859289)

Also says that they received an offer that was close at the draft which I am guessing was the Gagner and PRV for Yandle. PHX should of taken that deal.

Also states that he was talking just to Eastern teams but now talking to Western teams also.

Phoenix has no need to trade Yandle, who is on an affordable contract and produces at an above-average level.

I haven't a clue why you believe the Coyotes should have moved their #2 defenseman in exchange for a second-line forward and an unproven, bottom-six forward.

JeffMangum 03-31-2013 01:40 PM

TFP sucks.

That said, I could see the Rangers being interested - they're looking for an offensive defenseman. That said, Maloney probably wants Stepan, and that definitely won't happen.

Maybe to Philly for Couturier+?

Boxscore 03-31-2013 01:41 PM

Boston and Philly would be in on this big-time.

Neatman 03-31-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crymson (Post 62859379)
Phoenix has no need to trade Yandle, who is on an affordable contract and produces at an above-average level.

I haven't a clue why you believe the Coyotes should have moved their #2 defenseman in exchange for a second-line forward and an unproven, bottom-six forward.

That all depends on whether you think Gagner can continue playing at the level he has exhibited this year. As an Oil fan, I wouldnt even consider that trade at this point. Last year it wouldve been great, this year both Oil players look to have made leaps forward in progression.

One Man Rock Band 03-31-2013 01:42 PM

I'd definitely want MTL to take a look.

Beaulieu
Leblanc
1st

maybe..

Dark Knight 03-31-2013 01:44 PM

Inflated value. In reality I think he's more of a 3-4 and thats how much his value should be but Maloney will ask for a top pairing D-man's price.

416Leafer 03-31-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

For this year and this year only? Sure.

But if Maloney has faith in Gormley, Rundblad, and Murphy, three pretty solid D prospects, you could imagine why they would think moving Yandle for help up front (where they could definitely use more high end skill) could make sense for them longterm.

Jtown 03-31-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB (Post 62859595)
I'd definitely want MTL to take a look.

Beaulieu
Leblanc
1st

maybe..

Few teams could compete with an offer like that. The problem with yandle is that he would be asking for the moon if you gave up that much for him. He could easily demand a dougty like contract because if you gave up that much to see him walk away as a free agent you as GM would be fired on the spot.

Reparlana 03-31-2013 01:46 PM

Stastny for yandle?;)

Alklha 03-31-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jtown (Post 62859761)
Few teams could compete with an offer like that. The problem with yandle is that he would be asking for the moon if you gave up that much for him. He could easily demand a dougty like contract because if you gave up that much to see him walk away as a free agent you as GM would be fired on the spot.

He is signed for another 3 years. The cost to acquire will be pretty meaningless after that length of time, it'll all be about his production.

KrugLife 03-31-2013 01:47 PM

A guy I work with went to high school with him ( in Milford MA I think it was) and still talks to him on occasion

I'd love to have the bruins get him. Might be able to get some free tickets to the games too :D

Boxscore 03-31-2013 01:48 PM

Montreal doesn't need Yandle, they need a big, power forward up front like Clowe or Hartnell.

Ziggy Stardust 03-31-2013 01:51 PM

Ummm... any player can be made available for the right price? This isn't really breaking any news that none of us were already aware of.

korpedo 03-31-2013 01:53 PM

I still say krejci would be the starting talks for yandle

rockinghockey 03-31-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

I didn't say they should of I stated that the part that they stated at the draft a team offer them a deal I was guessing it was the rumour during the draft of Gagner and PRV. Plus Gagner is just under a point per game so it is not like he is a terrible player and PRV is finally playing the way he should. At this time I would not trade those two for Yandle.

Bubba88 03-31-2013 02:06 PM

Hawks would want him for sure and they have some good young NHL ready players that could get dealt along with a guy like Oduya to have a guy to get Yandles spot

mydnyte 03-31-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinghockey (Post 62859289)

...and so is every other player in teh NHL

umwoz 03-31-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenith (Post 62859391)
TFP sucks.

That said, I could see the Rangers being interested - they're looking for an offensive defenseman. That said, Maloney probably wants Stepan, and that definitely won't happen.

Wait, so Yandle isn't worth Stepan but he's worth more than Couturier?

maclgallant 03-31-2013 02:11 PM

koko, spooner , caron and a 1st, is that enough lol

i wish, watched him play for the Wildcats, always wished he was a bruin.. awesome player

GoBs 03-31-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by korpedo (Post 62860351)
I still say krejci would be the starting talks for yandle

Krecji is better.

JeffMangum 03-31-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by umwoz (Post 62861589)
Wait, so Yandle isn't worth Stepan but he's worth more than Couturier?

Yes.

Stepan is playing the 1C role for the Rangers right now and is fitting in admirably. He plays in every situation and produces points. He's got 25 points in 34 games and is coming off a 51 point season. He's still very young at 22.

I think Couturier is going to be a solid 2C, in the mold of a Travis Zajac. Good player, but I think Stepan is objectively the superior player at this moment. Couturier is young and has potential, but let's face it - his offensive upside really isn't anything special. 8 points in 30 games this season. He's a smart player with decent hands, but whenever I've watched him, he's either invisible or he's making dumb decisions with the puck (in the offensive zone, definitely not in the defensive zone). Not to say he doesn't have decent offensive upside (45-50 points), but I don't really see anything more than that.

The main thing, though, is that Stepan is worth a LOT more to the Rangers than Coots is to the Flyers, IMO. The Flyers have center depth. The Rangers, at the moment, don't. They can't move Stepan in a trade without a center coming back. The Flyers could easily move a center for a defenseman.

Stats01 03-31-2013 02:17 PM

I know he has said he won't trade high end prospects or first round picks for quick fixes, but if I'm Nonis I would look seriously into what it would take to get Yandle, he would be the perfect top 4 D-man that the team is looking for heading towards the playoffs.

dubey 03-31-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenith (Post 62859391)
TFP sucks.

TFP sucks indeed never an accurate source

polarbearcub 03-31-2013 02:20 PM

Gillis was at the sharks, coyotes game last night.... just saying:naughty: