HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Line Combos: Postseason Lines Discussion (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1391031)

Darth Vitale 03-31-2013 03:29 PM

Postseason Lines Discussion

Please use this thread to discuss all line combos and idea with our best F and D out for the next few weeks. Go to the injury threads to discuss injury updates. Thanks!

What I'd like to see:

Kunitz - Geno - Neal
Bennett - Sutter - Iginla
Morrow - Jeffrey - Dupuis
Glass - Vitale - Kennedy

Crafton 03-31-2013 03:32 PM

a line-up without Adams. what a rookie mistake Chancellor.

Random Oracle 03-31-2013 03:32 PM

You'd think Bennett gets called up now, right?

Darth Vitale 03-31-2013 03:32 PM

Jeremiah: I said what I'd do, not what I'd bet money on. ;)

There will be no denying Bylsma's bro-love for Adams.

Iffyiffiffer 03-31-2013 03:33 PM

I bet Iginla's glad he came here to be centered by Jeffrey.

Sidney the Kidney 03-31-2013 03:34 PM

I'd actually like to see Iginla with an elite center. I'd also like to see Kunitz and Dupuis kept together, since we all know they'll be with Crosby when he returns. Just move Sutter up to center them.

Neal - Malkin - Iginla
Kunitz - Sutter - Dupuis
Morrow - Jeffrey - Cooke
Glass - Adams - Kennedy

I know there is no Vitale or Bennett, but that's because I just know Bylsma is going to go with veterans like Glass, Adams and Kennedy ahead of those guys. Only way Vitale sees action is in place of Jeffrey as 3C. I simply don't see where Bennett plays under Bylsma with our current roster.

roready 03-31-2013 03:35 PM

What about this:
Quote:

Originally Posted by roready (Post 62808033)
I certainly hope Sidney is fine, but IF he is not able to play on Tuesday, will Jeffrey fill in for him between Kunitz and Dupuis, just like he filled in when Malkin was out?
Will the lines be the following?

Kunitz-Jeffrey-Dupuis
Iginla-Malkin-Neal (this might be the new 1st line or line 1A)
Morrow-Sutter-Cooke
Glass-Adams-Kennedy

zoro87 03-31-2013 03:35 PM

I personally dont see bennet being on the 2nd line above morrow, and i think DB will go with Neal and Iginla with malkin unless it doesn't work out, then he probably will start shuffling the lines

leafspensfan 03-31-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale (Post 62866043)
Please use this thread to discuss all line combos and idea with our best F and D out for the next few weeks. Go to the injury threads to discuss injury updates. Thanks!

What I'd like to see:

Kunitz - Geno - Neal
Bennett - Sutter - Iginla
Morrow - Jeffrey - Dupuis
Glass - Vitale - Kennedy

Iginla is not going to play with Sutter, like DB said, he sees them being together in the forseeable future and this post-game. If he wanted Iginla with Sutter, he would've put them together during that game itself. And where the heck is Cookie

Neal-Geno-Iginla
Kunitz-Sutter-Dupuis
Morrow-Jeffrey-Cooke
Glass-Adams-Kennedy

Murray-Letang
Orpik-Niskanen
Depres-Eaton

wej20 03-31-2013 03:36 PM

Assuming Bennett isn't called up:

Kunitz - Malkin - Neal
Dupuis - Sutter - Iginla
Morrow - Jeffrey - Cooke
Glass - Adams - Kennedy
Vitale (obviously should be playing ahead of Glass)

what Bylsma will probably do is keep the lines as are and just put Sutter in Crosby's spot and Jeffrey in Sutter's spot. Would be interested to give Kennedy a try as 3rd line centre just so we can get Joey Victory in the lineup.

Eaton - Letang
Orpik - Despres
Murray - Niskanen

Boocock 03-31-2013 03:36 PM

Just keep Iginla - Malkin - Neal together. It's the option that must be taken.

Crafton 03-31-2013 03:37 PM

i'm worried about face-offs. with Crosby out and Vitale stapled to the bench, the rest of the centers are merely competent at face-offs.

leafspensfan 03-31-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boocock (Post 62866491)
Just keep Iginla - Malkin - Neal together. It's the option that must be taken.

That's what I'm saying, why put Iginla with Sutter...use him where he's going to be most effective and that's not with Sutter but with Geno atm

Darth Vitale 03-31-2013 03:39 PM

DOH!

Spaced out on Cooke.

I suppose Bylsma might prefer to keep Kunitz and Dupuis together and Iggy and Geno... that would leave:

Neal - Geno - Iggy (pretty bad ass first line)
Kunitz - Sutter - Dupuis (solid 2nd line but not likely to generate a lot IMO)
Morrow - Jeffrey - Cooke (has played RW before)
Who Cares (probably a waste for Bennett, better to let him play in WBS than the 4th line, if Disco won't move him up)

Sidney the Kidney 03-31-2013 03:41 PM

Shero might have to think about acquiring a veteran scoring center. Depending on how serious Crosby's injury turns out to be, a team "going for it all" might have issues with Sutter as 2C and having to rely on guys like Jeffrey or Vitale as 3C.

Left Circle OneTimer 03-31-2013 03:43 PM

Why is everyone forcing Neal back on the left wing? As we have already seen hes way better on the right side? Neal gets all his goals off that right side shot why take away his best option?

I think the pens should bring back the Kunitz Neal Malkin line from last year. It was just as good as sids line this year. Balanced lines always wins over one dominant lines in the playoffs so wouldnt it make the most sense to g that route and have iginla on the second line?

leafspensfan 03-31-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney (Post 62866715)
Shero might have to think about acquiring a veteran scoring center. Depending on how serious Crosby's injury turns out to be, a team "going for it all" might have issues with Sutter as 2C and having to rely on guys like Jeffrey or Vitale as 3C.

Roy? Ribeiro? Connolly could be had for cheap? Cullen? That's all I got

leafspensfan 03-31-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Left Circle OneTimer (Post 62866813)
Why is everyone forcing Neal back on the left wing? As we have already seen hes way better on the right side? Neal gets all his goals off that right side shot why take away his best option?

Cause we need Iginla to be able to produce as well, granted he can play both sides, but if he's staying on a line with the elite centre, he has to play his comfortable side

EdwardBlake 03-31-2013 03:46 PM

Iggy - Malkin - Neal
Kunitz - Sutter - Dupuis
Morrow - Jeffrey - Cooke
Glass - Adams - Kennedy

That'd be my bet with what DB does.

Snooki Stackhouse 03-31-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale (Post 62866659)
DOH!

Spaced out on Cooke.

I suppose Bylsma might prefer to keep Kunitz and Dupuis together and Iggy and Geno... that would leave:

Neal - Geno - Iggy (pretty bad ass first line)
Kunitz - Sutter - Dupuis (solid 2nd line but not likely to generate a lot IMO)
Morrow - Jeffrey - Cooke (has played RW before)
Who Cares (probably a waste for Bennett, better to let him play in WBS than the 4th line, if Disco won't move him up)

I agree, but is there value to switching Jeffrey and Sutter here? Potentially, DB could form the lines with the intent to work on creating chemistry, and just flip Crosby in for Jeffrey when possible, everything else remaining static.

leafspensfan 03-31-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SterlingBennett (Post 62866989)
Iggy - Malkin - Neal
Kunitz - Sutter - Dupuis
Morrow - Jeffrey - Cooke
Glass - Adams - Kennedy

That'd be my bet with what DB does.

Technically the only logical thing he can do, he may switch Sutter and Jeffrey from time to time, but that 1st and 4th line stays

Sidney the Kidney 03-31-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leafspensfan (Post 62866879)
Roy? Ribeiro? Connolly could be had for cheap? Cullen? That's all I got

Roy and Ribeiro probably make too much, or would cost too much to acquire as rentals (we won't want them back next year). Connolly's a shell of his former self. Cullen's team is in a battle for 1st in their division.

Honestly, I can't even think of who might be an addition. Maybe Mathias from Florida, though he'd be more a 3C replacement than a 2C upgrade on Sutter.

Darth Vitale 03-31-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snooki Stackhouse (Post 62867011)
I agree, but is there value to switching Jeffrey and Sutter here? Potentially, DB could form the lines with the intent to work on creating chemistry, and just flip Crosby in for Jeffrey when possible, everything else remaining static.

It boils down to do you want your best all-around back-up C on line 2 or line 3? If you want him for shut-down duties then Jeffrey goes to line 2 and Kunitz and Dupuis make due. I think though, any line with Jeffrey will be an offensive black hole this time of year against good opponents.

leafspensfan 03-31-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney (Post 62867089)
Roy and Ribeiro probably make too much, or would cost too much to acquire as rentals (we won't want them back next year). Connolly's a shell of his former self. Cullen's team is in a battle for 1st in their division.

Honestly, I can't even think of who might be an addition. Maybe Mathias from Florida, though he'd be more a 3C replacement than a 2C upgrade on Sutter.

Connolly would be cheap, and he can still run a PP, put him beside Dupuis and Kunitz for some speed and I think you can get more than you did when he was playing under Ron Wilson...

Darth Vitale 03-31-2013 03:50 PM

Roy would be less expensive to acquire in a trade than Ribiero but I think a lot depends on Sid's prognosis as it's being given to Shero today and tomorrow. If he believes he'll be back in 2-3 weeks he's not trading for anyone. If he believes he might miss 1- 1.5 rounds of playoff action, he might.