HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   What will Sutter say? Post game Sutterism's (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1391395)

kingskring 03-31-2013 10:28 PM

What will Sutter say? Post game Sutterism's
 
I cant be the only one who LOVES Sutter, and how he handles the media whith his often confusing answers?

For example after todays game..

Quote:

- A local reporter said: “You also brought Penner back in and he had an assist on the first goal.” Sutter responded with: “He did. You’re right. You said we brought him back in and he had an assist on the first goal. You’re right. So, was that a question?” After the reporter replied that he wanted his opinion on Penner, Sutter said: ”He was good in the six furlong stuff, but as soon as it started to get into that seven furlong stuff, it was a little tougher.”
Does anyone have a translator? :)

http://mayorsmanor.com/2013/03/what-...win-in-dallas/

Ziggy Stardust 03-31-2013 10:43 PM

I think what he's trying to say that Penner did well in the early stages but his play started to deteriorate towards the late stages of the game.

tbx59 04-01-2013 01:04 PM

Wow, shocking. So after Penner being benched for a while, he actually tried for a couple shifts and then reverted to Dustin Penner, Human Slug? How shocking. Just get rid of the guy already, no one can motivate the human slug for more than a shift or two a month

MsWoof 04-01-2013 01:17 PM

It sounds like conditioning is an issue.

etherialone 04-01-2013 01:24 PM

Yeah but is he a stout mudder DS?

With his size he could go all wiggly in the wet slick.

Who knew horse racing terms could work in hockey?

DS did, that's who.

alpa 04-01-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonellisghost (Post 62924709)
Yeah but is he a stout mudder DS?

With his size he could go all wiggly in the wet slick.

Who knew horse racing terms could work in hockey?

DS did, that's who.

Guess you are the guy who can answer his question with an explanation that we europeans would understand.

Horse racing terms?

etherialone 04-01-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpa (Post 62925833)
Guess you are the guy who can answer his question with an explanation that we europeans would understand.

Horse racing terms?

I can try.

A furlong is a unit of measuring distances used primarily in horse racing. My guess is that DS was trying to say that Penner was good up to a certain point but couldn't go the full distance but it is just a guess.

DS has a language all his own and its some of the greatest stuff I have heard come out of a coaches mouth. Killer Kilrea used to say some great things but if I had to chose between the two I would want to hear DS post game over him.

alpa 04-01-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonellisghost (Post 62926217)
I can try.

A furlong is a unit of measuring distances used primarily in horse racing. My guess is that DS was trying to say that Penner was good up to a certain point but couldn't go the full distance but it is just a guess.

DS has a language all his own and its some of the greatest stuff I have heard come out of a coaches mouth. Killer Kilrea used to say some great things but if I had to chose between the two I would want to hear DS post game over him.

Thanks.

I love the way Sutter says thing but i would be lying if I tell you that I understand everything. Sometimes I have to read it multiple times and maybe read the comments to get it. It is worth it just learning how intelligent Sutter is and how his mind works is just learning by itself.

johnjm22 04-01-2013 02:26 PM

The whole team struggled in the 7th furlong.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.