HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speculation: Flyers interested in Jagr and Bouwmeester (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1391699)

2Claude2Giroux 04-01-2013 11:28 AM

Flyers interested in Jagr and Bouwmeester

Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull 5m
CONFIRMED: #Flyers are having exploratory talks for Jagr, Clowe and Bouwmeester.

jameswrjobe53 04-01-2013 11:30 AM

Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull 1m
My updated #Flyers BLOG. Flyers in trade talks for Jagr, Bouwmeester, Clowe. http://sulia.com/c/philadelphia-flye...source=twitter
View summary

Freudian 04-01-2013 11:32 AM

That's the Homer we all know and love.

Wondercarrot 04-01-2013 11:34 AM

is it just me or do the Flyers seem to operate in a parallel hockey universe where the cap, draft picks and prospects available for trade appear to not apply, however through sleight of hand and various other magicks seem to comply with all requirements.

oXo Cube 04-01-2013 11:34 AM

I imagine they probably get Jagr.

Don't think Bouwmeester is really available tbh, Calgary would want too much.

jameswrjobe53 04-01-2013 11:35 AM

@BroadStBull: CONFIRMED: #Flyers are having exploratory talks for Jagr, Clowe and Bouwmeester." Please confirm not an April Fools joke
Retweeted by Sam Carchidi

Curufinwe 04-01-2013 11:35 AM

Coburn was supposed to be the trade piece for Bouwmeester and he's injured.

jameswrjobe53 04-01-2013 11:37 AM

Nothing substantial (yet )in talks at the moment, source says of Flyers talks for Jagr, Bouwmeester and Clowe. But Homer is working phones.

jameswrjobe53 04-01-2013 11:39 AM

Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull 41s
I'd say yes to latter 2, ESPECIALLY JayBo. RT @trojanman28: @BroadStBull Jagr, clowe NO No NO! Bouw, yes! #Tradetracker
Expand

Gustave 04-01-2013 11:42 AM

As an outside observer, I think this is madness. Homer needs to settle down, wait for summer and focus on building a cohesive D squad. Trading assets for Clowe and Jagr is insane at this moment where the prices are at their climax.

Duck Off 04-01-2013 11:44 AM

So flyers are 12th in the east and are buyers? Awesome. Love Homer.

Extra Texture 04-01-2013 11:44 AM

I'm sure Holmgren is thinking his job depends on eeking some success out of this disaster of a year.

Personally, I would love to see J Bo enter the pressure cooker of Philly.

Shadow Flyer 04-01-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustave (Post 62913755)
As an outside observer, I think this is madness. Homer needs to settle down, wait for summer and focus on building a cohesive D squad. Trading assets for Clowe and Jagr is insane at this moment where the prices are at their climax.

It is madness. It's what the Flyers do. That organization has zero patience.

It's great that they are always trying to win and all, but sometimes being patient actually helps you do that in the near future. There's a reason Philly hasn't won a Stanley Cup in over 35 years, and it has more to do with management than goalies.

BrindamoursNose 04-01-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 (Post 62913879)
So flyers are 12th in the east and are buyers? Awesome. Love Homer.

But only 2 points from a playoff spot

Snotbubbles 04-01-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustave (Post 62913755)

Trading for Bouwmeester isn't just about this year and if you want him, I suspect you really can't wait. The other two, meh, they're UFA this summer, no sense trading for them at this point with all the injuries the Flyers have.

jameswrjobe53 04-01-2013 11:46 AM

Sam Malone and I are tight! RT @ctherien6: @BroadStBull where'd you get those rumors Sammy? From Diane at Cheers

Sony Eriksson* 04-01-2013 11:47 AM

Why didn't Philly sign Jagr in the off-season? Plus why would Jagr want to go back to a team that first obviously didn't want him back and secondly is not even a playoff team?

dillyboy93 04-01-2013 11:47 AM

Josh Rimer ‏@JoshRimerHockey 20m
Also talking with Carolina about Jokinen RT @BroadStBull: CONFIRMED: #Flyers are having exploratory talks for Jagr, Clowe and Bouwmeester.

Fogelhund 04-01-2013 11:48 AM

I'm not familiar with how the Flyers stay under the cap, so perhaps someone can educate me a little. I look at Cap Geek and see that the Flyers are technically over the cap for next year, without signing anyone.

Am I correct in my assumption that Briere probably gets bought out?

Does Pronger's cap hit count against the cap?

BrindamoursNose 04-01-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tattoo (Post 62914111)
Why didn't Philly sign Jagr in the off-season? Plus why would Jagr want to go back to a team that first obviously didn't want him back and secondly is not even a playoff team?

We put all of our money in Parise/Suter and Jagr didn't want to wait and see how it played out.

Can't blame him for not waiting, but Philly definitely wanted him back.

Curufinwe 04-01-2013 11:49 AM

Couldn't they have had Jokinen for nothing when Carolina waived him?

Stats01 04-01-2013 11:49 AM

LMFAO I hope this happens, Holmgren is having a serious meltdown.

Sony Eriksson* 04-01-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose (Post 62914267)
We put all of our money in Parise/Suter and Jagr didn't want to wait and see how it played out.

Can't blame him for not waiting, but Philly definitely wanted him back.

If Jagr wants to go to a team and miss the playoffs he could just stay with Dallas.

Duck Off 04-01-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fogelhund (Post 62914227)
I'm not familiar with how the Flyers stay under the cap, so perhaps someone can educate me a little. I look at Cap Geek and see that the Flyers are technically over the cap for next year, without signing anyone.

Am I correct in my assumption that Briere probably gets bought out?

Does Pronger's cap hit count against the cap?

No. It's obvious he's never going to play again. He'll be on LTIR, so they still have to pay him but don't have to take his cap hit. Essentially Pronger does the flyers better if he doesn't retire. If he retires, it'd count against cap.

Also most Philly fans think they will get rid of either Briere's contract or Bryzgalov's. with the first being more likely.

BrindamoursNose 04-01-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tattoo (Post 62914425)
If Jagr wants to go to a team and miss the playoffs he could just stay with Dallas.

We're 2 points out of a playoff spot. Not unrealistic we get in. I don't want us to, but not unrealistic.