HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   McKenzie: Detroit and Blues in on Bouwmeester (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1391857)

DJD209 03-31-2013 06:58 PM

Bouwmeester's Worth?

What are the flames asking for, and what are teams actually willing to give up?

letowskie 03-31-2013 07:08 PM

If any player has negative value in the league, Bouwmeester would be it.

It's basically a massive contract for someone that most likely is a 5th D-man on a contender. I'm sure most teams will stay well clear.

TMLFC 03-31-2013 07:18 PM

MacWilliam
Cameranesi
2nd

----

But seriously.

I can see him fetching a late 1st and young, ready NHL player.

The Mike Peca comments on TSN, should scare any fans though.

The Zetterberg Era 03-31-2013 07:20 PM

I am scared to find out from a Detroit perspective, I hope it isn't near some of the rumors. Stay away Kenny!

DatsyukToZetterberg 03-31-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 (Post 62875859)
MacWilliam
Cameranesi
2nd

----

But seriously.

Well the guys on NBC said JBo is no longer a top pairing dman, but would make a good #3 or complementary piece on a contender.

With everything in mind, his caphit, the cap coming down over the next 2 years, I'd say he's worth 2 1/2 firsts. So a 1st+prospect+top 9 forward/#4/5/6 dman would be fair value for him.

Also what did Peca say?

Blaylock38 03-31-2013 07:29 PM

a 1st, top 3 prospect, and an every day roster player.

The Zetterberg Era 03-31-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg (Post 62876377)
Well the guys on NBC said JBo is no longer a top pairing dman, but would make a good #3 or complementary piece on a contender.

With everything in mind, his caphit, the cap coming down over the next 2 years, I'd say he's worth 2 1/2 firsts. So a 1st+prospect+top 9 forward/#4/5/6 dman would be fair value for him.

Also what did Peca say?

Called him soft, but that is getting kind of dated unless he kept after it.

SchultzSquared* 03-31-2013 07:31 PM

The Oilers would have to pay a premium being in Alberta and all but I think Bouw is the perfect guy for J. Schultz... EDM 1st '13 for Bouwmeester (25% salary retained) + 3rd

TheHudlinator 03-31-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 (Post 62875859)
MacWilliam
Cameranesi
2nd

----

But seriously.

:laugh: His team was what 1-7 against Jbo's? And he was out scored vastly by Jbo, Jbo was a + player while Peca was a -. These have to be the most overrated comments.

Stryker Island 03-31-2013 07:36 PM

OP, asking price is a 1st and a prospect.

SaintMorose 03-31-2013 07:58 PM

top pairing dman signed beyond this year I'd agree with what Bob Mackenzie said return would be higher than Iginla's

LickTheEnvelope 03-31-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaylock38 (Post 62876691)
a 1st, top 3 prospect, and an every day roster player.

Ouch... that's a lot for Bouwmeester...

I would say he's worth a 1st and a good prospect or a 2nd, prospect and a 4/5 d-men.

Blaylock38 03-31-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope (Post 62879171)
Ouch... that's a lot for Bouwmeester...

I would say he's worth a 1st and a good prospect or a 2nd, prospect and a 4/5 d-men.

I could see it meeting in the middle maybe..lol. But to be honest, I think he will get closer to what I said, Bouwmeester seems to get knocked a lot on this board, but the guy is a top pairing dman, eats tons of minutes and seems to have really returned to form playing under Hartley, his skating and offensive ability have been very noticeable this imo. Plus another year on his deal, so the team getting has they 1st chance to retain him, if not deal him for a nice package and recoup what they lost the year before.

I would love him in Tor but it probably wouldn't make the most sense with their current d-core.

Mysterio 03-31-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SchultzSquared (Post 62876813)
The Oilers would have to pay a premium being in Alberta and all but I think Bouw is the perfect guy for J. Schultz... EDM 1st '13 for Bouwmeester (25% salary retained) + 3rd

done that 3 picks in the first round. at (likely) top 7 (cgy), top 12 (edm) and 25-30(Pit). Three good prospects there. Or we could go for quality rather than quantity and move up. Really glad management is moving in the rebuild direction, now feaster has to fire off a couple more trades, and hopefully not screw us over too badly!

herashak 03-31-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg (Post 62876377)

Also what did Peca say?

he said he enjoyed playing him because he was easy to play against.

Hush 03-31-2013 08:18 PM

Realistically, a very late 1st/mid 2nd round pick, a top 5 prospect, and a 4/5 D-Man under 30 is the return. Not meant as an insult but we've all been through 500 JayBo threads. It's not going to be Christmas, but it'll be a decent return.

The Zetterberg Era 03-31-2013 08:22 PM

Quincey, Pulkkinen and 2nd. I still not huge on it, but I hope that is as high as Detroit is willing to go.

Nightmare on Helm St 03-31-2013 08:23 PM

I'd do Quincey, Nyquist, and a '14 1st. If not, I'll keep my pick and prospect.

Skobel24 03-31-2013 08:33 PM

1st, 2nd, decent prospect(Edit: Calagry would likely take a cap dump as well). I'm not expecting a bluechip.

Skobel24 03-31-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbo7200 (Post 62881709)
I'd do Quincey, Nyquist, and a '14 1st. If not, I'll keep my pick and prospect.

I'd would really consider this, and likely take the trade assuming nobody topped it.

VL55 03-31-2013 08:43 PM

The first question to ask is what team can afford to give 10.4% of their total cap space to Boowmeester next year?

Looking at cap geek:

Philadelphia Flyers, Vancouver Canucks, Minnesota Wild, New York Rangers, San Jose Sharks, Chicago Blackhawks, Montreal Canadiens, Pittsburgh Penguins, Boston Bruins...

None of these teams can take a 6.8 cap hit next year on a player that would most likely not be top pairing, even if they wanted to.

Remove also teams that are going to be sellers and teams too poor to spend to the cap even if they have room...

Consider that Boowmeester has a NTC can eliminate any market he doesn't like...

Consider not every team need a (probably to them) second pairing D badly enough to take on the salary...

We can quibble on what team would be in, but my point is: definetely not a huge market.

Maybe, Toronto and Edmonton?

detredWINgs 03-31-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VL55 (Post 62883703)
The first question to ask is what team can afford to give 10.4% of their total cap space to Boowmeester next year?

Looking at cap geek:

Philadelphia Flyers, Vancouver Canucks, Minnesota Wild, New York Rangers, San Jose Sharks, Chicago Blackhawks, Montreal Canadiens, Pittsburgh Penguins, Boston Bruins...

None of these teams can take a 6.8 cap hit next year on a player that would most likely not be top pairing, even if they wanted to.

Remove also teams that are going to be sellers and teams too poor to spend to the cap even if they have room...

Consider that Boowmeester has a NTC can eliminate any market he doesn't like...

Consider not every team need a (probably to them) second pairing D badly enough to take on the salary...

We can quibble on what team would be in, but my point is: definetely not a huge market.

The Flames can agree to take on a bit of Bouwmeester's salary. Considering what top 4 Dmen go for these days, and how many minutes J-Bo plays + historical offensive output, he's worth $5M.

LeHab 03-31-2013 08:45 PM

hockeydb is reporting that the only time since 98 he participated in PO was with his AHL team in 04-05 and went 0 pts in 18 games. Is this accurate?

Not sure I want this guy for a playoff run.

detredWINgs 03-31-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by persh (Post 62884011)
hockeydb is reporting that the only time since 98 he participated in PO was with his AHL team in 04-05 and went 0 pts in 18 games. Is this accurate?

Not sure I want this guy for a playoff run.

He's signed for another year; he's not a playoff rental.

VL55 03-31-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detredWINgs (Post 62883957)
The Flames can agree to take on a bit of Bouwmeester's salary. Considering what top 4 Dmen go for these days, and how many minutes J-Bo plays + historical offensive output, he's worth $5M.

It certainly helps his value and I'm eager to see what team first use that option.

At the moment, the possibility of retaining a player's salary is rather theoritical but Boowmeester would be good candidate.