HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Anaheim Ducks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: [ANA/PHI] Ducks acquire Harry Zolnierczyk for Jay Rosehill (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1392029)

AngelDuck 04-01-2013 04:28 PM

[ANA/PHI] Ducks acquire Harry Zolnierczyk for Jay Rosehill
 
Bobby Mac just tweeted we made a trade

McKenzie:
Quote:

PHI trades Harry Zolnierczyk to ANA. Details to follow.
McKenzie:
Quote:

Hearing ANA sends Jay Rosehill back to PHI for Harry Z.

Ducks DVM 04-01-2013 04:31 PM

Who?

Quote:

@DarrenDreger: As per @TSNBobMcKenzie: PHI trades Harry Zolnierczyk to ANA for Jay Rosehill.

mightyquack 04-01-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducks DVM (Post 62934635)
Who?

Got suspended for destroying some Ottawa player IIRC, assumed a goon, but apparently he's not. Sounds like a pylon for Norfolk

AngelDuck 04-01-2013 04:33 PM

Jay Rosehill going the other way

Ducks DVM 04-01-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightyquack (Post 62934799)
Got suspended for destroying some Ottawa player IIRC

He has 36 PIM in 7 games this year. Many will be happy with this.

YuioIklo 04-01-2013 04:36 PM

Harry Z skates very very fast, but that's all he does. 4th liner at best, we used him as a call-up when needed.

mightyquack 04-01-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducks DVM (Post 62934935)
He has 36 PIM in 7 games this year. Many will be happy with this.

Only if we trade for another 5 of them, fill out that bottom 6 good ;)

DuckJet 04-01-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducks DVM (Post 62934935)
He has 36 PIM in 7 games this year. Many will be happy with this.

Finally! We're adding some much needed toughness! Stanley cup here we come!

randyc 04-01-2013 04:58 PM

My View
 
The trade was done because of the veteran rule. The Ads can only dress so many veterans per game and we were sitting healthy players out to comply with the rule. Rosehill was a vet, Zolnierczyk is not.

KelVarnsen 04-01-2013 04:59 PM

Ducks are kings of meaningless trades.

Vipers31 04-01-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randyc (Post 62937125)
The trade was done because of the veteran rule. The Ads can only dress so many veterans per game and we were sitting healthy players out to comply with the rule. Rosehill was a vet, Zolnierczyk is not.

Thanks for that, that's really a big consideration here.

duckaroosky 04-01-2013 05:03 PM

The guy who puts the names on the jerseys is furious right now I'm sure.

Vipers31 04-01-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckaroosky (Post 62937531)
The guy who puts the names on the jerseys is furious right now I'm sure.

One of the merged threads on the trade board (yes, there were multiple threads created instantly for the generation-defining moment Harry Zolnierczyk was traded for Jay Rosehill):
Quote:

Zoniercuz to ANA

Kalvinators 04-01-2013 05:18 PM

http://hamptonroads.com/2007/12/admi...rged-theft-car

Dirk316 04-01-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckJet (Post 62936809)
Finally! We're adding some much needed toughness! Stanley cup here we come!

Ugh do you even think before you post?


Fyi this is not in anyway a tough player

Vipers31 04-01-2013 05:47 PM

Well, we've just doubled the number of players in our organisation that been given a four-game suspension without being considered a repeat-offender.


McDonald19 04-01-2013 06:10 PM

Flyers actually were looking for an enforcer and they offered a useful depth player in return.

Harry Z is headed to Norfolk, but Rosehill will be with the Flyers rather than their AHL team.

SgtJoseph 04-01-2013 06:18 PM

Harry Z will be one of the fastest skaters on your club, the lad can flat out fly, and he will hit good too........I think he will help your club !

Selanne138 04-01-2013 06:48 PM

Rosehill was recently arrested for stealing a car from a strip club and driving said car to a second strip club. Hate to lose a guy like that.

Vipers31 04-01-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selanne138 (Post 62945113)
Rosehill was recently arrested for stealing a car from a strip club and driving said car to a second strip club. Hate to lose a guy like that.

If you're referencing the story Kalvinators linked in this thread, you might want to re-think the use of the word recently - that was 5.5 years ago. :)

If you're not, and that actually happened to him twice, then I'm with you. How can you not keep a guy to which that happens twice. In less than six years, no less. Most people go through life without doing that once. Science would tell us it's unsustainable, though. Don't expect any 3rd, 4th or 5th such incidents.

Kalvinators 04-01-2013 07:15 PM

Are stolen cars statistics an (advanced stats)? If so, we might be robbed (Not by J this time, but by Flyers).
Any reports about Z involved in any ''theese type of incidents''?
(advanced stats)

Elvs 04-01-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelVarnsen (Post 62937225)
Ducks are kings of meaningless trades.

This is a good trade. Zolnierczyk is one of the fastest players in the league and who can bring energy to a team (67 hits in 37 games last year). He's good enough to play a 4th line role, and has some checking/pk upside. It's basically a meaner Brandon McMillan for Rosehill, not bad at all.

Vipers31 04-01-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalvinators (Post 62947809)
Are stolen cars statistics an (advanced stats)? If so, we might be robbed (Not by J this time, but by Flyers).
Any reports about Z involved in any ''theese type of incidents''?
(advanced stats)

I would say they are among the most advanced out there. Once you get them rolling, they're giving fuel to every analysis. With them backing you up, you never need to take your foot off the gas in any debate, and will soon see everyone else disappear in the rear mirror.

Hampe 04-01-2013 07:55 PM

No complaints about this one. At the very least he'll be a decent player for the Ads.

Ducks DVM 04-01-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipers31 (Post 62949619)
I would say they are among the most advanced out there. Once you get them rolling, they're giving fuel to every analysis. With them backing you up, you never need to take your foot off the gas in any debate, and will soon see everyone else disappear in the rear mirror.

But how unsustainable are they?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.