HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Anyone see the 3 fights vs Devils? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=13924)

todddgalbraith 09-24-2003 08:41 AM

Anyone see the 3 fights vs Devils?

Just curious if anyone saw the fights in the Devils game at Trenton. I saw the one picture of a beatdown by Vandermeer vs the Janssens kid. Any details would be great!
Thanks,
Todd

Flyers26 09-24-2003 09:14 AM

Brashear had the other 2 fights. All fights were in the 3rd.
Both were decent fights, but it's the old Flyer mentality, we can't beat you, so we'll beat you up!

Dizzy 09-24-2003 05:21 PM

Got a link to the picture of Vandermeer and Janssen? Or any details about the fight? Cam's an OHL heavyweight, just wondering if he'll be able to hold his own at the NHL level.

FearTheFlyers 09-25-2003 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piggy2
Cam's an OHL heavyweight, .

Yeah,according to Spitfire fans:rolleyes:

kingjdv 09-26-2003 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by todddgalbraith
Just curious if anyone saw the fights in the Devils game at Trenton. I saw the one picture of a beatdown by Vandermeer vs the Janssens kid. Any details would be great!
Thanks,
Todd

The first Brashear fight was great. Brash had words w/Sean Brown. Meanwhile, Marshall took a swing at Vandy and Brashear went right after Marshall. Brash got some good lefts in and Marshall went down. Brash got a few more in while Marshall was on his back. Then, Grant made the mistake of trying to pull a Holmgren and throw a punch while lying on his back and Brash just tee'd off on the poor guy. The linesman did a horrible job but they played so poorly that you almost couldn't help but cheer. Great fight...horrible game.

kingjdv 09-26-2003 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gagnefan
Yeah,according to Spitfire fans:rolleyes:

I didn't know the OHL only used midgets. :rolleyes:

He also fought Lee Borsheim in the Phantoms-Rats game.

Dizzy 09-27-2003 12:12 PM

Quote:

Yeah,according to Spitfire fans
A Spits fan comment would be that Cam is the best fighter in the league. I won't go that far. He's good at the OHL level, though I doubt he'll make it to the big league, especially after getting beat that bad by Vandermeer.

IronMarshal 09-27-2003 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piggy2
A Spits fan comment would be that Cam is the best fighter in the league. I won't go that far. He's good at the OHL level, though I doubt he'll make it to the big league, especially after getting beat that bad by Vandermeer.

Yeah, but Vandy can really throw em. He kind of reminds me of Steve Thomas in that regard. People underestimate him, but he is fearless and has a jackhammer for a right hand.

GKJ 09-27-2003 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by todddgalbraith
Thanks,
Todd

Janssens is far from a kid lol.

Vandermeer brings an element to this team no other defensemen does.