HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   OT: Feel-Bad Thread / Captaincy thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1392469)

Signature 04-01-2013 10:16 PM

Feel-Bad Thread / Captaincy thread
 
This thread is bad and I should feel bad.
If the mods close this, it's okay. I just needed a vent, but I'm not trying to incite anything here.

And I do feel bad - for players like Tanguay (who thought that he'd likely finish his career with Iginla), and Glencross (who is a hard-nosed, unselfish player who genuinely likes the team he plays for), Backlund, etc.

And players in the pipelines/prospects, like Baertschi.

Trading Iginla signalled the beginning of the end, I know. But at the same time, it's really frustrating to see good players who deserve better stick on a team that has lost its leader, lost its identity, and lost its will to win.

Who will lead this team? I hope it's Glencross.

Kanye 04-01-2013 10:19 PM

Comeau's name starts with a C, might as well give him it.

#FeasterJokes

MuffinMerc 04-01-2013 10:19 PM

I blame this season on that stupid Optimism Thread.

At least we got a rebuild going under way. Too bad our management is high in college players and can't seem to get good returns. Maybe third time is the charm, and we get a decent prospect coming back?

StreakingRed 04-01-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autograph (Post 62978597)
And I do feel bad - for players like Tanguay (who thought that he'd likely finish his career with Iginla), and Glencross (who is a hard-nosed, unselfish player who genuinely likes the team he plays for), Backlund, etc.


I don't feel bad for anyone on this roster. They're the reason we are where we are today.

I don't want to see the Captaincy go to anyone on this current roster.

Signature 04-01-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreakingRed (Post 62979553)
I don't feel bad for anyone on this roster. They're the reason we are where we are today.

I don't want to see the Captaincy go to anyone on this current roster.

That's ridiculous. Malkin could have been be on this roster and it's likely that they'd wind up anywhere between 7-9th place finish in the West.

No single player deserving the blame for the loss might be true, but who on this team really could have lifted the group onto its shoulders?

Janks 04-01-2013 10:29 PM

I feel bad for Tanguay, Cammi, Glenny, Gio, Backlund, Sven, Brodie.

Everyone else, IDGAF.

ALI 04-01-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autograph (Post 62978597)
This thread is bad and I should feel bad.
If the mods close this, it's okay. I just needed a vent, but I'm not trying to incite anything here.

And I do feel bad - for players like Tanguay (who thought that he'd likely finish his career with Iginla), and Glencross (who is a hard-nosed, unselfish player who genuinely likes the team he plays for), Backlund, etc.

And players in the pipelines/prospects, like Baertschi.

Trading Iginla signalled the beginning of the end, I know. But at the same time, it's really frustrating to see good players who deserve better stick on a team that has lost its leader, lost its identity, and lost its will to win.

Who will lead this team? I hope it's Glencross.

The next captain thread has been already made

Signature 04-01-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janks (Post 62980349)
I feel bad for Tanguay, Cammi, Glenny, Gio, Backlund, Sven, Brodie.

Everyone else, IDGAF.

I kind of feel bad for Irving as well. His mismanagement has been ridiculous, I can't really help but think he might feel relieved.

Also, Erixon got out while the getting was good. :shakehead

InfinityIggy 04-01-2013 11:37 PM

I hate this team..no I hate this management group. Its one thing to suck, and another to completely mismanage your assets and drive your team into the ground.

TheHudlinator 04-01-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfinityIggy (Post 62987891)
I hate this team..no I hate this management group. Its one thing to suck, and another to completely mismanage your assets and drive your team into the ground.

To be honest as much as I have hated the last 2 deals a lot of the blame is on Sutter.

TylerSVT* 04-01-2013 11:57 PM

Feasters great plan of playing a Career LW as our #1C, signing overpriced UFA's and making horrible moves are what has brought this team to where it is.

Bad management that is in line with the Oilers IMO.

Calculon 04-02-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHudlinator (Post 62990083)
To be honest as much as I have hated the last 2 deals a lot of the blame is on Sutter.

How so? Both Iginla and Bouwmeester would have received a NTC regardless of where they went.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TylerSVT (Post 62990427)
Feasters great plan of playing a Career LW as our #1C, signing overpriced UFA's and making horrible moves are what has brought this team to where it is.

Bad management that is in line with the Oilers IMO.

Flames have a significantly worse management than the Oilers. That's the sad reality of the situation now.

TheHudlinator 04-02-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calculon (Post 62990835)
How so? Both Iginla and Bouwmeester would have received a NTC regardless of where they went.

Not saying they wouldn't have but you can't blame Feaster for being handcuffed by NTC's that he didn't give out nor is it his fault that Butter ran him into the ground. Not saying Feaster is much better as Sarich and Babchuck have NTC but those 2 particular contracts aren't his fault.

Noori 04-02-2013 12:30 AM

Feel bad for these guys? **** that, they're millionaire athletes that get to play the greatest sport on the planet.

Calculon 04-02-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHudlinator (Post 62991369)
Not saying they wouldn't have but you can't blame Feaster for being handcuffed by NTC's that he didn't give out nor is it his fault that Butter ran him into the ground. Not saying Feaster is much better as Sarich and Babchuck have NTC but those 2 particular contracts aren't his fault.

NTC's didn't prevent Regehr or Morrow from receiving significant returns. It's not the clauses which diluted what the Flames got, it's the inability of Feaster or whoever is running this mess to understand how to actually negotiate or utilize leverage to their favour. And for a room full of oil tycoons and lawyers, that's embarrassing.

Volica 04-02-2013 12:40 AM

I want to join the feel bad thread, because I definitely need a place to vent.

There's a lot of frustration in Calgary, and it's ****ed up that we always want to see the silver lining and be hopeful for the future, when I think we all know there's little to no chance any of it comes to fruition.

The firsts we got are nice, but it truly means **** all if we draft idiotically; as we always seem to do except for once in a blue moon.
I think everyone reading this post, when they think of the three firsts are like... hmm, maybe two can be used to move down! Master plan! But I think we all know Feaster doesn't have the juice to pull of that kind of move.

Tough watching this team now, tough watching where this team's heading, tough being a fan of the Calgary Flames for what seems like eternity. I think this team's maybe got 3 or 4 wins in them for the rest of the season... which is fine by me at this point of time. I'm hoping Florida or Colorado start winning out a bit more. In my ideal world, Calgary finishes second last in the league and is able to draft Nate Mackinnon.

StreakingRed 04-02-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autograph (Post 62979831)
No single player deserving the blame for the loss might be true, but who on this team really could have lifted the group onto its shoulders?


Who? How about the entire team? What are you feeling bad for these guys for? They're the ones underachieving year after year, sitting back on the ice and waiting for good things to happen instead of making them happen (Tanguay even admitted as much), not coming out with the urgency needed, etc. Like I said, I don't feel bad for any of them. They're - THE TEAM - the reason we're having a firesale and the reason many coaches have lost their job in this city.

Hopefully many more to be dealt.

Signature 04-02-2013 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreakingRed (Post 62994585)
Who? How about the entire team? What are you feeling bad for these guys for? They're the ones underachieving year after year, sitting back on the ice and waiting for good things to happen instead of making them happen (Tanguay even admitted as much), not coming out with the urgency needed, etc. Like I said, I don't feel bad for any of them. They're - THE TEAM - the reason we're having a firesale and the reason many coaches have lost their job in this city.

Hopefully many more to be dealt.

I agree in some ways especially where it's more of a team culture thing. Kind of how the Oilers are currently 'built to lose', because that is their team culture that they need to shake - Calgary has had that too, probably since 2007-2008.

But my point is, it's not like a single player could have shifted the entire team's mindset/ability level.

And we the fans could look to the coaching, but I'm not really throwing Hartley in or out of the equation of this current blackhole of a team since Calgary has feasted and digested their way through coaches since Darryl Sutter as some kind of panacea cure-all reason for why the players underperform.

StreakingRed 04-02-2013 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autograph (Post 62996637)
I agree in some ways especially where it's more of a team culture thing.


Exactly. We need a shift in philosophy here. That's why I want the majority of the players involved with this team's culture the last few years out the door.

Unfortunately, I doubt we see King and Feaster follow, which is really needed.



Quote:

Originally Posted by Autograph (Post 62996637)
But my point is, it's not like a single player could have shifted the entire team's mindset/ability level.


I don't think it's a single player scenario either. I think this team's constant ******** the bed is a collective effort. That's why I want to see as many traded as possible.

Beendair Donedat 04-02-2013 11:16 AM

Habs fan first but also a Flames fan... I feel for your team and fan base but this rebuild was a long time coming. Hope you guys get some really nice pick ups in the draft and start building a solid future. I think you need a management and scouting overhaul though to build a culture of success. Maybe Brian Burke? Either way, hang in there and hope some good luck heads your way.

TylerSVT* 04-02-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreakingRed (Post 62998825)
Exactly. We need a shift in philosophy here. That's why I want the majority of the players involved with this team's culture the last few years out the door.

They are changing the Philospohy, its clear they are targeting players that play 100% every night, they want a compete team. Problem is, they are targeting players who play hard, but have little skill. So we will get to watch a team compete night in and night out, but never score. It will be like watching a team of Lombardi's, all heart and no skill.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.