HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Eklund Rumor: Big Money Scorer to San Jose (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1392757)

TyroneShoelaces 04-02-2013 04:40 AM

Big Money Scorer to San Jose

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...9#.UVqm85OsiSo

I assume he is thinking of Gaborik: Extended Clowe+Boyle for Gaborik+Balancing Pick?

What do you think? Who are the other "big money scorers" available?

Yes, I know, it's Eklund..

Krishna 04-02-2013 04:56 AM

Briere :>

Frosty415 04-02-2013 04:57 AM

As much as I love Boyle, aslong as it's a high draft pick im down for it.

Sharksfan83 04-02-2013 04:57 AM

Clowe to Minn for Heatley :sarcasm:

pld459666 04-02-2013 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetangBrassard23 (Post 63002665)

I assume he is thinking of Gaborik: Extended Clowe+Boyle for Gaborik+Balancing Pick?

Thought the same thing as soon as I read that they were looking for a big money scorer.

Gaborik and Boyle
for
Clowe and Boyle

JayQueensNY88* 04-02-2013 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetangBrassard23 (Post 63002665)

That's what I'm thinking,can't say I like the return as a Ranger fan

SuperAlmeida 04-02-2013 05:04 AM

Gaborik? Vanek? Pomminville?

HarrisonFord 04-02-2013 05:54 AM

You have to assume that it's a scorer from the Eastern Conference.

Gaborik makes sense.

More sense though would be one of the Buffalo scorers though.

Fleishmann is another option I guess.

The only Western Conference players that would make sense to me would be Tanguay, Glenncross, or Cammalleri

Kimmo Therapy* 04-02-2013 07:22 AM

it's gonna be cammalleri from the flames. book it.

Tinalera 04-02-2013 07:25 AM

Giroux for Clowe

:sarcasm:

And THAT ladies and gentlemen, would be the final straw for Flyer fans-that evening I would expect to see on the news a Flyer mob to head down to the arena and have a long awaited "visit" with Flyer management.....

Sharksfan83 04-02-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trdjn18 (Post 63004445)
it's gonna be cammalleri from the flames. book it.

Only if the Flames keep half his salary for both this and next year. Otherwise the Sharks can't afford it.

UAGoalieGuy 04-02-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pld459666 (Post 63002819)
Thought the same thing as soon as I read that they were looking for a big money scorer.

Gaborik and Boyle
for
Clowe and Boyle

Rangers need something a bit more significant coming back imo. A decent prospect or a high pick. Salaries work out for this season but the Rangers should try to shed some of the salary in the deal to make things a bit less tight in the off season.

Leafs For Life* 04-02-2013 07:36 AM

Couture for Kessel. Go!

Vitto79 04-02-2013 07:39 AM

On paper, Gaborik, Gilroy for Boyle, Clowe

in this case Clowe signs an extension...........if Clowe had a goal I would be ok with this buuuuut he doesnt

Shark Finn 04-02-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaffan16 (Post 63004735)
Couture for Kessel. Go!

:biglaugh: NO.

hockeyball 04-02-2013 07:42 AM

No to everything in this thread.

That is all.

Peace Frog 04-02-2013 07:49 AM

OV to the Sharks????

hatterson 04-02-2013 07:56 AM

For some reason Pominville strikes me as a Sharks type of player.

hockeyball 04-02-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatterson (Post 63005239)

Too expensive and short term deal. Sharks are not going to give up the assets required to get him when they are in the process of selling off assets to ensure the future of the franchise.

It's pretty clear the Sharks planned that if they did not win the cup by this season they would start selling off assets and retooling. The way they structured contracts and the way they continue to sell in the midst of a 5 game winning streak and pretty good odds of making the playoffs.

I think it's pretty likely the Sharks trade at least one big chip in the off-season as well, possibly two (Boyle is likely one) and start next season with a group of new young assets and prospects from the draft. I just don't see any room in that plan where they bring in a 'big money scorer'.

Fro 04-02-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharksfan83 (Post 63002789)
Clowe to Minn for Heatley :sarcasm:

i laughed probably harder than i should have

vatali 04-02-2013 08:11 AM

I prediscted this a week ago when the Sharks got rid of Murray. Wilson is a fan of the "big name" trade and he can't get UFA's to go out to SJ. Once Clowe is moved they have moved out enough salary to take back a oversized contract. I think I predicted Ovy for Boyle, Hertl and a first. I'm not saying it is the right thing to do, in fact I think I said the exact opposite. But it is Wilson's wheelhouse to make exactly that kind of trade (big name player moving out with a first and a former first)

veedubn1 04-02-2013 08:11 AM

Pomminville or Cammy seem the most likely (if the rumor is remotely true) given the definite "seller" status of both the Sabres and Flames. Most other teams are still figuring out if they're sellers or buyers.

hockeyball 04-02-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vatali (Post 63005785)
I prediscted this a week ago when the Sharks got rid of Murray. Wilson is a fan of the "big name" trade and he can't get UFA's to go out to SJ. Once Clowe is moved they have moved out enough salary to take back a oversized contract. I think I predicted Ovy for Boyle, Hertl and a first. I'm not saying it is the right thing to do, in fact I think I said the exact opposite. But it is Wilson's wheelhouse to make exactly that kind of trade (big name player moving out with a first and a former first)

I really doubt Ovy is moved, plus he's got a huge attitude problem, something Wilson is not a fan of. He also doesn't like gigantic super long contracts. Plus we have a new owner who clearly intends to put his mark on the team, I'm not sure Ovy is the way he wants to do that.

That said, Ovy did grow up a Sharks fan apparently, and he would be that 'big name' player to replace Thornton in the long term. Ovy would sell tickets, so you can't totally dismiss it.

I agree, Wilson likes to make moves like that, but in this case, I doubt it.

Oh plus, we can't afford him :P

Hemsky4PM 04-02-2013 08:21 AM

Cammelleri would fit the Calgary trend.

Wouldn't be shocked to see him moved, but imagine an NHL player would need to come back.

tsujimoto74 04-02-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatterson (Post 63005239)

I think he'd be a really good fit on that team in terms of play style, but I'm not sure I see a deal there. San Jose doesn't have much to give in terms of prospects and almost certainly won't want to part with their young roster players, and Buffalo isn't going to want to move him for older pieces.