HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Umberger's gonna be OK for us (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=139277)

FlyersFan10* 04-15-2005 11:11 PM

Umberger's gonna be OK for us

Well, I see that the Phantoms beat Hershey 4-1 this evening. Pitkanen had three helpers and Umberger had two. I'm feeling really good about Umberger. I've read on some of the boards here that not a lot of people are impressed with his game and they think he'll be a third liner at best. Umberger now has 62 points in 78 games, not too shabby for someone who missed a year of his development.

Now you add Carter to the mix with the Phantoms and his nine shots that he had this evening and I'm kind of interested in seeing the Phantoms put Carter and Umberger on a line and build some chemistry between the two of them. Could make for something potent. I'm really liking the future in Philadelphia right now and I'm thinking that maybe a few teams maybe kicking themselves for writing Umberger off a little too early........

MojoJojo 04-16-2005 12:28 PM

I'm certainly not one of those people that thinks ill of him. He's been a great playmaker this year. He looks like a legit second line winger at the NHL level. Given better team mates he should be quite productive. I havent seen much of Richards or Carter yet, but If Umberger doesnt make the Flyers when Hockey resumes its onoly because someone stepped up big time and stole his spot.

Jester 04-16-2005 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MojoJojo
I'm certainly not one of those people that thinks ill of him. He's been a great playmaker this year. He looks like a legit second line winger at the NHL level. Given better team mates he should be quite productive. I havent seen much of Richards or Carter yet, but If Umberger doesnt make the Flyers when Hockey resumes its onoly because someone stepped up big time and stole his spot.

given the full year of play under his belt and the arrival of the salary cap i would expect him to make the roster as a winger as well. however, it will be interesting how it plays out with the much anticipated arrivals of Richards and Carter, along with Ruzicka (probably not ready yet) and who knows what the draft -- whenever it occurs -- will bring for us.

hard to say what the team will be like when they lace 'em up again, but obviously a lot of good signs for a prosperous future are there for us.

Jacob 04-16-2005 04:52 PM

What position has Umberger played with the Phantoms?

paxtang 04-16-2005 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacobv2
What position has Umberger played with the Phantoms?

Center with Sim and Eager, but he's switched sometimes to the wing. I think he probably will get moved to wing in the NHL.

Jacob 04-16-2005 06:00 PM

Left or right wing?

FlyersGuy69 04-17-2005 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacobv2
Left or right wing?

he shoots left, so my guess would be LW.