HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Washington Capitals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XX (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1392827)

Langway 04-02-2013 08:46 AM

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XX
 
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1374953

fedfed 04-02-2013 09:07 AM

One guy Caps should be targeting is Andrej Sekera from Buffalo. Would make a great 2nd pairing LD.

QuadrupleDeke 04-02-2013 09:19 AM

Jagr.

BobRouse 04-02-2013 09:22 AM

McPhee hates Jagr. He didn't want him here back in 2001 when Ted forced his hand.

Jagr then stole Ted's money and we had to PAY to get rid of him to the tune of $5 mil per year for a few years.

Jagr singlehandedly destroyed the lockerroom to the point where our Captain wanted out.

Anyone who thinks there is even the remotest possibility he will be a Cap is kidding themselves.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fedfed (Post 63007849)
One guy Caps should be targeting is Andrej Sekera from Buffalo. Would make a great 2nd pairing LD.

The problem is that we have something like 10 dmen on the roster and all are now healthy or about to be.

Erskine has been a great 2nd pairing LD so not sure we need to spend assets there (if we spend any at all). LW is an area that needs to be looked at but with the play of MJ and Laich its less of a concern now than it was a few weeks ago.

I say the Caps do nothing unless they move a dman for futures to clear up the logjam a bit.

msrulo 04-02-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuadrupleDeke (Post 63008391)
Jagr.

Found this when I was checkin out the blog lol

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BG2SfrqCEAEqZz-.jpg

ChibiPooky 04-02-2013 10:06 AM

Per Dreger, Streit unlikely to sign with Isles.

BiPolar Caps 04-02-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChibiPooky (Post 63011217)
Per Dreger, Streit unlikely to sign with Isles.

How long has it been since the Isles have been in the playoffs? They are so close this season, I just don't see them selling.

BobRouse 04-02-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ref9 (Post 63011373)
How long has it been since the Isles have been in the playoffs? They are so close this season, I just don't see them selling.

Yeah thats why I shake my head when the talking heads bring up his name.

Why on earth would the Isles trade him at this point??? Unless its to get another impact roster player back it would make no sense. If anything the Isles will be buyers.

ChibiPooky 04-02-2013 11:00 AM

Note that Dreger didn't say he'd be sold off at the deadline, only that he was unlikely to sign.

QuadrupleDeke 04-02-2013 11:03 AM

Holy hell. Talks of Jagr fetching a 1st+prospect? Eff that... I was thinking more like a 2nd or a Perreault type player.

brs03 04-02-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuadrupleDeke (Post 63015999)
Holy hell. Talks of Jagr fetching a 1st+prospect? Eff that... I was thinking more like a 2nd or a Perreault type player.

I mean, he should fetch more than Iginla even regardless of Iginla's NTC situation, so...

CapitalsCupFantasy 04-02-2013 11:15 AM

No way the Caps will help that bum pay off more of his gambling debts. F Jagr.

CapitalsCupFantasy 04-02-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brs03 (Post 63016437)
I mean, he should fetch more than Iginla even regardless of Iginla's NTC situation, so...

Why exactly? Is it the 4 additional points that Jagr has? He's 41! If he brings back a 1st +, that team in on crack.

Langway 04-02-2013 11:20 AM

I think Alex Tanguay is the best fit out there as far as forward help goes. He's got a very reasonable contract at $3.5M, he's a Cup winner and would add another dimension of hockey sense and playmaking ability at LW. The additional three seasons left may be a little dicey but he's a guy they should be able to trade down the line if needed so long as he stays healthy. They might need to dump some salary, though, either in the deal, another deal or in the summer.

brs03 04-02-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy (Post 63017149)
Why exactly? Is it the 4 additional points that Jagr has? He's 41! If he brings back a 1st +, that team in on crack.

More goals, better season, better player despite his age. More playoff experience, if that matters. Plus a (marginally at least) better GM doing the trading.

Halpysback* 04-02-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

The problem is that we have something like 10 dmen on the roster and all are now healthy or about to be.

Erskine has been a great 2nd pairing LD so not sure we need to spend assets there (if we spend any at all). LW is an area that needs to be looked at but with the play of MJ and Laich its less of a concern now than it was a few weeks ago.

I say the Caps do nothing unless they move a dman for futures to clear up the logjam a bit.
See, that's the kind of logic McPhee employs that leaves us with our pants down any time a roleplayer regresses to the mean. It's why we go into every season with a Schultz or a Chimera or a Laich or an Erskine or a Johansson playing in a role 1-2 lines/pairings above their pay grade and then wonder why the team falls flat on its face. It's the exact opposite of what cup winner teams do, which is stack depth to the point where players are playing roles below their pay grade, not above (Ladd, Versteeg and Brouwer being 3rd/4th liners in Chicago is a good example)

Erskine WAS a decent 2nd pairing LD for a stretch. He is absolutely not a career 2nd pairing LD.

ChibiPooky 04-02-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Langway (Post 63017377)
I think Alex Tanguay is the best fit out there as far as forward help goes. He's got a very reasonable contract at $3.5M, he's a Cup winner and would add another dimension of hockey sense and playmaking ability at LW. The additional three seasons left may be a little dicey but he's a guy they should be able to trade down the line if needed so long as he stays healthy. They might need to dump some salary, though, either in the deal, another deal or in the summer.

Not if they don't see Ribeiro getting signed.

amjay13 04-02-2013 11:35 AM

blockbuster

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 2m Minor league trade. Phoenix trades (F) Joel Rechlicz to Washington in exchange for (F) Matthew Clackson.

ChibiPooky 04-02-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amjay13 (Post 63018983)
blockbuster

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 2m Minor league trade. Phoenix trades (F) Joel Rechlicz to Washington in exchange for (F) Matthew Clackson.

w00t Recker is back! He even has a game or two with the Caps under his belt. edit: 3.

fsnoles98 04-02-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amjay13 (Post 63018983)
blockbuster

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 2m Minor league trade. Phoenix trades (F) Joel Rechlicz to Washington in exchange for (F) Matthew Clackson.

Good move GMGM. That should help for the playoff run.

Ovechkins Wodka 04-02-2013 11:38 AM

The cup is ours!

does this mean Fehr injury is worse then we think

CapitalsCupFantasy 04-02-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amjay13 (Post 63018983)
blockbuster

darren dreger ‏@darrendreger 2m minor league trade. Phoenix trades (f) joel rechlicz to washington in exchange for (f) matthew clackson.

omg....Stanley Cup here we come!!!!

ChibiPooky 04-02-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy (Post 63019633)
omg....Calder Cup here we come!!!!

Fixed

And by "we" I still mean the Caps.

californiacapsfan 04-02-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halpysback (Post 63018081)
See, that's the kind of logic McPhee employs that leaves us with our pants down any time a roleplayer regresses to the mean. It's why we go into every season with a Schultz or a Chimera or a Laich or an Erskine or a Johansson playing in a role 1-2 lines/pairings above their pay grade and then wonder why the team falls flat on its face. It's the exact opposite of what cup winner teams do, which is stack depth to the point where players are playing roles below their pay grade, not above (Ladd, Versteeg and Brouwer being 3rd/4th liners in Chicago is a good example)

Erskine WAS a decent 2nd pairing LD for a stretch. He is absolutely not a career 2nd pairing LD.

Sadly, it's even worse than this because they're all playing at their pay grades, just way above their talent/skill set.

RandyHolt 04-02-2013 11:45 AM

I still remember Joel had a chance to play a puck in center ice once and just watched it hoping someone else would get it for him. They did. I had never seen a player avoid a puck before. I am glad he is back though, he is good for Hershey.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.