HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speculation: Vanek to Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1392917)

Beerz 04-02-2013 10:15 AM

Vanek to Flyers
 
What would Flyers be offering?


http://kuklaskorner.com/tso/comments...ed-about-vanek

SprDaVE 04-02-2013 10:16 AM

I can't imagine how much he's worth with the season he's having.

Frodo Baggins 04-02-2013 10:17 AM

No clue, but i'd much rather them see target Tyler Myers and get a scoring winger elsewhere if possible.

I'm sure Couturier would be in discussion. If they could come up with a package to get both of them, that'd be swell

Beerz 04-02-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodo Baggins (Post 63011969)
No clue, but i'd much rather them see target Tyler Myers and get a scoring winger elsewhere if possible.

I'm sure Couturier would be in discussion. If they could come up with a package to get both of them, that'd be swell


That would be a huge package...and say impossible if it wasn't Homer we're dealing with.

Frodo Baggins 04-02-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerz (Post 63012027)
That would be a huge package...and say impossible if it wasn't Homer we're dealing with.

Haha exactly. I'd say something like that would never happen but the fact that were talking about Homer here... who knows

feedingschennzy 04-02-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodo Baggins (Post 63011969)
No clue, but i'd much rather them see target Tyler Myers and get a scoring winger elsewhere if possible.

I'm sure Couturier would be in discussion. If they could come up with a package to get both of them, that'd be swell

That's over 12 million in cap space... Unless they were taking on Danny b and we ltir mez and coburn we can't do that. I'd be more interested in a couturier for Myers swap

Frodo Baggins 04-02-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdugan (Post 63012153)
That's over 12 million in cap space... Unless they were taking on Danny b and we ltir mez and coburn we can't do that. I'd be more interested in a couturier for Myers swap

Well, yeah. I'm not saying anything like that is likely at all. I'm sure it would include all sorts of different pieces. It was more of a blockbuster dream trade depending on what it'd take

Snotbubbles 04-02-2013 10:22 AM

At this point, I have no idea what Paul Holmgren is thinking. The Flyers should be sellers right now. Go draft a top 5 player, amnesty Briere and try and trade for a defenseman in the offseason when you see what you got in the draft.

HarrisonFord 04-02-2013 10:23 AM

Serious question. Are the Flyers really trying to make the playoffs this year?

Psuhockey 04-02-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snotbubbles (Post 63012325)
At this point, I have no idea what Paul Holmgren is thinking. The Flyers should be sellers right now. Go draft a top 5 player, amnesty Briere and try and trade for a defenseman in the offseason when you see what you got in the draft.

Holmgren is being a good GM and kicking tires around the league on players that would help his team. Because he is one of the few GMs that has the courage to make big deals, any time he talks to another GM it is news. I am sure that a lot of GMs have called about Vanek.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* 04-02-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReimerForPM (Post 63012439)
Serious question. Are the Flyers really trying to make the playoffs this year?

Better question... Are the Flyers really looking to add a high priced winger over a high priced d-men?

Their defense is just brutal and correct me if I'm wrong but they have some solid pieces offensively, no?

tsujimoto74 04-02-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY (Post 63012637)
Better question... Are the Flyers really looking to add a high priced winger over a high priced d-men?

Their defense is just brutal and correct me if I'm wrong but they have some solid pieces offensively, no?

They do, but their offense isn't nearly as productive as it was last year. Briere's play seems to have fallen off a cliff, and Jagr's gone.

dannyboy8920 04-02-2013 11:02 AM

Myers + Vanek + Miller + Ott
for
Bryz + Couts + Coburn + Read + 1st

:sarcasm:

Number1RedWingsFan52 04-02-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerz (Post 63011799)

Vaneks cap hit Is over $7 million so the Flyers would have to at least send that much back. Couts and Read at least.

JackStraw 04-02-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 (Post 63015653)
They do, but their offense isn't nearly as productive as it was last year. Briere's play seems to have fallen off a cliff, and Jagr's gone.

Less Briere and no Jagr are probably factors, but not that big. The talent on offense has been fine (#1 PP in the league) but the problem is the lack of a good transition game (lousy 5 on 5). Thus the big need for PMD. It's hard to score goals when you struggle to get the puck past your own blue line.

Ovechking 04-02-2013 11:08 AM

Time for Briere to get a change of scenery?

Nah, no way. He's too good in the playoffs.

Beerz 04-02-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 (Post 63016259)
Vaneks cap hit Is over $7 million so the Flyers would have to at least send that much back. Couts and Read at least.

shouldnt be an issue.

Riptide 04-02-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerz (Post 63012027)
That would be a huge package...and say impossible if it wasn't Homer we're dealing with.

That's ~13m in salary coming Phillys' way. As they're a cap team, that's a lot they'd have to be sending back to Buffalo.

I honestly don't see how they could do a deal like that and make it work.

Boxscore 04-02-2013 11:13 AM

Couturier, Read, Gustafsson and a 1st

for

Vanek and Myers

Shoey 04-02-2013 11:14 AM

The Flyers are only going to want Vanek until they see the price.

a price that's going to include multiple 1st round picks, roster player(s), and a blue chipper.

Number1RedWingsFan52 04-02-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerz (Post 63016395)
shouldnt be an issue.

It's an Issue for a Philly team that only has $2 million to spend on 4 more players for next season.

Beerz 04-02-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustafsson (Post 63016823)
Couturier, Read, Gustafsson and a 1st

for

Vanek and Myers


Nope.

Change Read to Simmonds and change Gustafsson to a 2014 1st and you got a deal.

SnS 04-02-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerz (Post 63017009)
Nope.

Change Read to Simmonds and change Gustafsson to a 2014 1st and you got a deal.

No & no.

Beerz 04-02-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re (Post 63017057)
No & no.


I dont blame you.

Shoey 04-02-2013 11:17 AM

Vanek and Myers are Regier's 2 biggest assets... it would take a lot more to pry them away.

also the Flyers have 12.7m in space?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.