HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Drew MacIntyre signs contract (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1392975)

Shrimper 04-02-2013 12:04 PM

[TOR] Drew MacIntyre signs contract
 
#leafs announce signing of goalie Drew MacIntyre. Has been huge for the #marlies this season.

https://twitter.com/DavidAlter590/st...17685457813504

To an NHL contract.

Shrimper 04-02-2013 12:06 PM

If the Leafs are going to give him a shot at the NHL then does that mean they'll pass on Kipper for this season?

Mike Jones 04-02-2013 12:06 PM

Still kind of early out here but I wonder if Kipper said no.

Either that or they're simply rewarding good performance. His numbers, alone, have been really something.

Flowzak 04-02-2013 12:06 PM

I would assume that this means Kipper and Luongo are no-gos.

waitin425 04-02-2013 12:07 PM

What does this REALLY mean?

:hyper:

Hero 04-02-2013 12:07 PM

Wow. Weird timing unless Kipper said no and they're out on Luongo. Both very reasonable things to happen.

But even so, MacIntyre doesn't really fill the role Nonis was looking for. Nonis wanted a vet goalie with playoff experience, Mac... well...

Also, was just thinking. Could just be they have too many bodies in the AHL since Sparks just signed with the Marlies.

jbell886 04-02-2013 12:07 PM

like kipper just said on hockeycentral its just insurance incase one or both of our goalies get injured. he was on an ahl deal so they wouldnt have been able to call him up

malton 04-02-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flowzak (Post 63016251)
I would assume that this means Kipper and Luongo are no-gos.

Or both reimer and scrivens are being sent to calgary

:sarcasm:

Dado 04-02-2013 12:08 PM

Curious choice. Hard to see a 29 year old career minor leaguer as trade bait - replacement for Scrivens?

bobbyflex 04-02-2013 12:08 PM

I think he can be a solid back-up

ChuckWoods 04-02-2013 12:09 PM

This doesn't really have any significant reflection as to what is currently going on.

This is absolutely just a safety net sort of deal to bolster the Leafs goaltending depth.

Drew was on an AHL contract that didn't allow him to play any NHL games in case of injury.

At the very least, now he can be used in an emergency basis if one of Reimer/Scrivens now get hurt.

I'd rather him in that capacity than someone like Mark In Da Park.

Eyedea 04-02-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michiganman (Post 63016299)
like kipper just said on hockeycentral its just insurance incase one or both of our goalies get injured. he was on an ahl deal so they wouldnt have been able to call him up

I would assume so too. He's been excellent for the Marlies, but I don't think he'll be called up unless there's an injury.

Shrimper 04-02-2013 12:09 PM

He has to clear waivers first per Bob McKenzie.

If Toronto trades for a goalie then I guess it would make sense to trade a prospect/back-up in that deal. Scrivens is a decent back-up but I don't know if he could hold the fort for a team?

TheNuge 04-02-2013 12:10 PM

Trade bait for Kipper


Macintyre
2nd rounder


for

Kipper

TieClark 04-02-2013 12:10 PM

I think they're just rewarding him with a pay bump for his great performance down there. The Leafs like to do that with their Marlie players

RomanianLeafs 04-02-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckWoods (Post 63016443)
This doesn't really have any significant reflection as to what is currently going on.

This is absolutely just a safety net sort of deal to bolster the Leafs goaltending depth.

Drew was on an AHL contract that didn't allow him to play any NHL games in case of injury.

At the very least, now he can be used in an emergency basis if one of Reimer/Scrivens now get hurt.

I'd rather him in that capacity than someone like Mark In Da Park.

this..and probably scrivens is gone in a trade..there's no way this means that kipru or luongo ar a no go..

AINEC 04-02-2013 12:12 PM

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 4m
Also, TOR signs G Drew MacIntyre off an AHL deal to an NHL deal for balance of season. He, too, is therefore on waivers today.

fahad203 04-02-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nodeal (Post 63016801)
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 4m
Also, TOR signs G Drew MacIntyre off an AHL deal to an NHL deal for balance of season. He, too, is therefore on waivers today.

So he's being called up?

Can someone clarify why he's on waivers if he's not being called up?


if he's called up, does that mean Scrivens gone?

Dasachtach 04-02-2013 12:16 PM

He's the last goalie I've seen to wear #00. Would be awesome if he brought that back.

IME 04-02-2013 12:53 PM

Maybe:

1. Scrivens is traded for Veteren Goalie
2. Veteren Goalie cannot get here in time for next game
3. Leafs need an NHL-eligible backup
4. Leafs Sign MacIntyre

hototogisu 04-02-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fahad203 (Post 63017011)
So he's being called up?

Can someone clarify why he's on waivers if he's not being called up?


if he's called up, does that mean Scrivens gone?

There are no re-entry waivers anymore. He hasn't been called up, but his contract status has changed to an NHL contract (he was AHL-only before). So now if the Leafs want to continue playing him in the AHL, he needs to clear waivers because he and his NHL contract are considered waiver-eligible.

Not sure if that made sense, but I hope so :laugh:

fahad203 04-02-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 63021553)
There are no re-entry waivers anymore. He hasn't been called up, but his contract status has changed to an NHL contract (he was AHL-only before). So now if the Leafs want to continue playing him in the AHL, he needs to clear waivers because he and his NHL contract are considered waiver-eligible.

Not sure if that made sense, but I hope so :laugh:

Yes it did. You sir are a gentleman.

JackJ 04-02-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrimper (Post 63016041)
#leafs announce signing of goalie Drew MacIntyre. Has been huge for the #marlies this season.

https://twitter.com/DavidAlter590/st...17685457813504

To an NHL contract.

Obviously a two way contract. He's third or fourth on the pecking order.

Mats Zuccarelli 04-02-2013 12:57 PM

Good that they got him away from 3MB

Stats01 04-02-2013 01:01 PM

I would assume Kipper said no, and they want insurance if Reimer or Scrivens going down heading into the playoffs. PHEW! Didn't want Kipper here anyway.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.