HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Colorado Avalanche (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Speculation: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XXXV (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1393179)

Bubba Thudd 04-02-2013 01:17 PM

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XXXV

Continued from here:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/ne...e=1&p=63032277

Rhaego 04-02-2013 01:18 PM

1st!!! :sarcasm:

Please no trading EJ. Just trade O'Byrne to the Flyers for Schenn. Better for both parties.

RockLobster 04-02-2013 01:22 PM

Daaaaamn.....

Bubba is UP ON IT today!

Bubba Thudd 04-02-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockLobster (Post 63033169)
Daaaaamn.....

Bubba is UP ON IT today!

You, too. I went to sticky this, and BAM it was already done.

AvsWraith 04-02-2013 01:30 PM

Please please please let tonight be the last game we have to see ROB or Zannon in an Avs uniform. Please...

Bubba Thudd 04-02-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvsWraith (Post 63034001)
Please please please let tonight be the last game we have to see ROB or Zannon in an Avs uniform. Please...

Careful what you wish for.......

.....we could all suddenly go blind!

AvsWraith 04-02-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd (Post 63034111)
Careful what you wish for.......

.....we could all suddenly go blind!

Good point. I'll just leave it at:

Please please please trade them the hell out of here, Sherman!

Zandar 04-02-2013 01:41 PM

This just deadline for the Avs looks a lot like 2010's. no one wanted Clark. Tucker, Svatos, etc and no one probably wants Zanon and company. Hope to be wrong but its been incredibly quiet. Lets hope its because of the back to back games and that everything kicks off after tonight's game.

RockLobster 04-02-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd (Post 63033971)
You, too. I went to sticky this, and BAM it was already done.

What?

I didn't sticky this....you know that that means?

GHOST MOD!!!

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/agent...8_original.gif

The Shermanator 04-02-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockLobster (Post 63037129)
What?

GHOST MOD!!!

SWIC taught me how :naughty:

Avs For Life 04-02-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

What?

GHOST MOD!!!

I dont know whether that gif is creepy or the funniest thing I have ever seen :amazed:

18007 04-02-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

What?

GHOST MOD!!!

Now, that is an "O" face.

RobinDIF 04-02-2013 02:11 PM

adater ‏@adater 1m
As astutely noted by @RocksHockeyRyan, teams can't trade guys on IR - i.e. Paul Stastny

Is this really true?

Foppa2118 04-02-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobinDIF (Post 63038099)
adater ‏@adater 1m
As astutely noted by @RocksHockeyRyan, teams can't trade guys on IR - i.e. Paul Stastny

Is this really true?

Considering who said it, who knows.

RockLobster 04-02-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

adater ‏@adater 1m

Is this really true?

I just came here to see if anyone had posted this. Because I'm sure that Theodore MUST have been on IR when the Avalanche acquired him

The Shermanator 04-02-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

adater ‏@adater 1m

Is this really true?

The general answer is to believe the opposite of whatever Dater says.

Ivan13 04-02-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

adater ‏@adater 1m

Is this really true?

I don't think so, I think players on the IR can be traded if the team trading them gives the other team full disclosure on the state of the injury of said player. BTW didn't Freudian point it out that the Avs could take Staz off the IR if they want to?

henchman24 04-02-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

adater ‏@adater 1m

Is this really true?

It isn't. Theo was on IR went we acquired him. As long as the team trading for him knows the extent and is willing to still accept the player then it is fine. Regardless Stastny can come off IR today or tomorrow I think.

Freudian 04-02-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

adater ‏@adater 1m

Is this really true?

Avs can remove Stastny from IR whenever they want, so it's not like it's a limitation.

It's possible you can't trade players that are on IR, but you can trade injured players as long as the other team are ok with it.

Foppa2118 04-02-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockLobster (Post 63038497)
I just came here to see if anyone had posted this. Because I'm sure that Theodore MUST have been on IR when the Avalanche acquired him

Yea he had that heel injury. Last game before it was Jan 31st, he was traded on March 8th, and the next game he played was April 9th.

That was the old CBA though, and I guess teams could take someone off IR, trade them, and the new team could put them back on IR. Maybe that's what happened with Theo.

I'm sure since Stastny and Jones injuries aren't too serious, the Avs could take them off IR, trade them, and the new team could just keep them on the active roster since they'd be close to returning anyway.

henchman24 04-02-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foppa2118 (Post 63039481)
Yea he had that heel injury. Last game before it was Jan 31st, he was traded on March 8th, and the next game he played was April 9th.

That was the old CBA though, and I guess teams could take someone off IR, trade them, and the new team could put them back on IR.

I'm sure since Stastny and Jones injuries aren't too serious, the Avs could take them off IR, trade them, and the new team could just keep them on the active roster since they'd be close to returning anyway.

I really, really doubt it changed.

chet1926 04-02-2013 02:27 PM

So is anyone else bothered by the fact were not hearing any rumors involving the Avs? Going off past history this seems to be when a big/controversial trade occurs. Hopefully this is just my paranoia getting to me.

The Avs just need to play it smart this year, sell off a couple of dead weight players and move on nothing big, just smart moves to gain maybe a couple extra picks.

henchman24 04-02-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chet1926 (Post 63039753)
So is anyone else bothered by the fact were not hearing any rumors involving the Avs? Going off past history this seems to be when a big/controversial trade occurs. Hopefully this is just my paranoia getting to me.

The Avs just need to play it smart this year, sell off a couple of dead weight players and move on nothing big, just smart moves to gain maybe a couple extra picks.

They are out there if you look. IE ROB is connected with Carolina, Chicago, Habs, Boston, and Toronto.

The problem is that ROB, Kobasew, any others are now sexy (insert Big Sexy joke) names to talk about. Clowe, Jagr, etc are.

Ivan13 04-02-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

There's never been any (reliable) rumors involving the Avs going around.

The Shermanator 04-02-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Most of our big trades in the past happened out of the blue.

Except I guess there was a lot of talk about Gali and Winnik last year.