HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Players wanting out (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1394765)

Jarnberg 04-03-2013 05:17 PM

Players wanting out
 
Suter rejected our deals and left for greener pastures, Weber tried to beast his way out signing a contract that we "couldn't match and now Erat has requested a trade out of town.

This has to be concerning. Thoughts as to why?

Nashville Transplant 04-03-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 63204171)
Suter rejected our deals and left for greener pastures, Weber tried to beast his way out signing a contract that we "couldn't match and now Erat has requested a trade out of town.

This has to be concerning. Thoughts as to why?

You must be listening to these clowns on The Game. Frightening. They don't have a clue, and they're harping on the most ridiculous angles. Poile has the right idea...

Jarnberg 04-03-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nashville Transplant (Post 63204285)
You must be listening to these clowns on The Game. Frightening. They don't have a clue, and they're harping on the most ridiculous angles. Poile has the right idea...

Not listening to anything.

CalleJAMkrok 04-03-2013 05:19 PM

Suter wanted to go home.

Weber wanted the absolute max deal he could get.

Erat has played for us for YEARS and asked for a trade after an all around flakey season. Do you know how rare it is for a player to play his entire career in one city?

hockey diva 04-03-2013 05:20 PM

Try looking at the FO and the guy with no neck behind the bench for starters. And we are Nashvile. Guys want big lights, recognition, the perks of being on "name" team or a big market franchise. We will never be able to offer that.

Jonesey 04-03-2013 05:20 PM

I still don't think Weber wanted out. I think he wanted the best contract he could get and would have been perfectly happy in Philadelphia or here in Nashville.

Suter, meh.

Erat, too soon to know the reason.

AdmiralsFan24 04-03-2013 05:20 PM

I'm guessing Weber wanted a long, long term deal and knew he wasn't going to get it if he waited until the new CBA.

Iron Duke 04-03-2013 05:20 PM

Weber was retained, and there is an equal chance he just wanted $ as opposed to out.

Erat's asking for a trade doesn't really tell us much unless we know the context of the request. However, he had enough respect for the organization to let them know privately, and enable them to receive a great asset in return.

Suter left to play closer to home, all indications being it was purely due to familial reasons (the $ didn't hurt either).

Nothing to be concerned about until something really concerning arises.

Jubal 04-03-2013 05:20 PM

Maybe we haven't lived to their expectations? Maybe they want to go to a team they think they can win a cup on, instead of sticking with us while we get closer to getting one.

Or maybe they just want to play in a big "hockey town" instead of a Southern market team. This season though hasn't been good so I could see why players would get discouraged.

WartracePred 04-03-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nashville Transplant (Post 63204285)
You must be listening to these clowns on The Game. Frightening. They don't have a clue, and they're harping on the most ridiculous angles. Poile has the right idea...

Not listening to the clowns, but I am making inferences based on Poile's comments. Erat was adamant. Poile gave him time to reconsider. Thought maybe he was just frustrated. Marty didn't change his mind.

Something about this organization is turning away elite players. I'm worried it's Poile and Trotz, though I respect both very much.

dulzhok 04-03-2013 05:25 PM

What I said in the other thread:

The thing with Suter and Weber is they were adamant they wanted to be surrounded by better players. Other than a last ditch rental FA spending spree, Poile did very little to improve the team around them.

I would guess Erat is in the same boat. He's obviously been our most talented offensive player the last 10 years and has had to play with inferior line-mates most of his career. IMO, I think Erat got fed up with same-old-same-old. He's entering his twilight years and wants to play with some talent.

Also, he was having his 1st down year of his career, so all the more reason for a change.

Machinehead 04-03-2013 05:27 PM

I think it was time on both sides for Erat to have a change of scenery. I don't think that's related at all to Suter wanting to leave.

Webersmashpuck 04-03-2013 05:28 PM

Keep in mind, just this summer Klein and Fisher signed contracts that were less than what they could have gotten on the open market to stay here. Fisher obviously had roots, but Klein is no slouch.

With Suter he did the whole situation completely wrong and cowardly. But I believe him when he said he asked Parise to come here before deciding on Minnesota.

Weber wanted money upfront, because there was a chance that with the lockout salaries could go down. It looks really bad, but I don't think he was upset about staying.

Erat is the head scratcher. I posted a theory I had in the last thread, but maybe he is just too used to being in the playoffs, or maybe he even saw the writing on the wall. Who knows.

Iron Duke 04-03-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machinehead (Post 63205251)
I think it was time on both sides for Erat to have a change of scenery. I don't think that's related at all to Suter wanting to leave.

Nor likely related to Weber's offer sheet situation. Just another "Fire Poile/Trotz" thread in disguise, it seems.

Jarnberg 04-03-2013 05:29 PM

Suter chose not to sign here so he didn't rate us as high as another team. Weber signed a deal that was almost impossible for Nashville to match. If he really wanted a big deal here, why didn't he sign one before and go to the offersheet?

kypredsfan 04-03-2013 05:31 PM

Trotz?

dulzhok 04-03-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Duke (Post 63205361)
Nor likely related to Weber's offer sheet situation. Just another "Fire Poile/Trotz" thread in disguise, it seems.

Is it beyond reason that talented players want to surround themselves with other talented players?

Both Suter and Weber were public in their desire to improve the team around them.

Iron Duke 04-03-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 63205471)
Suter chose not to sign here so he didn't rate us as high as another team. Weber signed a deal that was almost impossible for Nashville to match. If he really wanted a big deal here, why didn't he sign one before and go to the offersheet?

As it was, it wasn't impossible to match, and he could have signed it simply because it was stupid $ that a desperate GM was willing to throw out there.

Are you really holding it against the organization that St. Paul is closer to Suter's family than Nashville, which is the entire reason he signed there?

Iron Duke 04-03-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dulzhok (Post 63205677)
Is it beyond reason that talented players want to surround themselves with other talented players?

Both Suter and Weber were public in their desire to improve the team around them.

Not beyond reason at all, but there's also no real evidence to support such a theory at this point. Just because these three instances have happened over the same year does not mean they're correlated as to their cause.

dulzhok 04-03-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Duke (Post 63205823)
\
Are you really holding it against the organization that St. Paul is closer to Suter's family than Nashville, which is the entire reason he signed there?

It's not the entire reason. There can be more than one reason. That's the easiest one to tell the media and it is a true statement.

TMI 04-03-2013 05:37 PM

Stranger, I'm not sure if you have advocated it, but haven't there been several posts wanting Erat moved for a good forward prospect, preferably one who could turn into a 1C?

Honestly, I never thought we would be able to trade Erat, but if he wanted out that's fine. Move one of the aging "core" assets for a good young asset, and move on. That's asset management. Poile didn't have to trade him at all.

dulzhok 04-03-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Duke (Post 63206043)
Not beyond reason at all, but there's also no real evidence to support such a theory at this point. Just because these three instances have happened over the same year does not mean they're correlated as to their cause.

Both Weber and Suter were public in their desire for Poile to improve the team. That's evidence to me that they wanted to see changes.

TMI 04-03-2013 05:39 PM

Weber and Suter (and Trotz and Poile) noted in the media how the team needed to add a couple of pieces to go to the next level. That isn't unusual.

dulzhok 04-03-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 63206263)
Stranger, I'm not sure if you have advocated it, but haven't there been several posts wanting Erat moved for a good forward prospect, preferably one who could turn into a 1C?

Honestly, I never thought we would be able to trade Erat, but if he wanted out that's fine. Move one of the aging "core" assets for a good young asset, and move on. That's asset management. Poile didn't have to trade him at all.

It's a great return for Erat. Credit to Poile. But also credit to Erat-- Poile would've likely never looked at moving him if he didn't ask for a trade. In part because of NTC. And in part because it's so unlike anything Poile has ever done.

Iron Duke 04-03-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dulzhok (Post 63206305)
Both Weber and Suter were public in their desire for Poile to improve the team. That's evidence to me that they wanted to see changes.

Poile added 2 skilled forwards, a veteran bottom 6 pk/faceoff guy, and a veteran d-man with Cup experience before last year's playoffs. That wasn't improving the team? It may not have worked out, but I don't see how that promise was not delivered on.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.