HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Flames 1st Round Picks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1394895)

MC Ride 04-03-2013 07:28 PM

Flames 1st Round Picks
 
Currently, the Flames have 3 1sts. One in the top 5, St Louis', which will be around 16-20, and Pittsburgh's, which will be 25th-30th.

Since the next opportunity to make any deals is during the draft, I was wondering if any teams in the top 5 would be willing to deal that pick to the Flames for something.

I don't know if this is thread worthy or not but I'm just trying to get the value it would take. So Florida, Avs, Sabres, Lightning, Flyers fans, what would you guys want?

I would do something around Bottom two 1sts, a third, and a B prospect.

HappyGilmourr 04-03-2013 07:32 PM

quality > quantity... you won't get the answer your looking for

blankall 04-03-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baerstcheese (Post 63219371)
Currently, the Flames have 3 1sts. One in the top 5, St Louis', which will be around 16-20, and Pittsburgh's, which will be 25th-30th.

Since the next opportunity to make any deals is during the draft, I was wondering if any teams in the top 5 would be willing to deal that pick to the Flames for something.

I don't know if this is thread worthy or not but I'm just trying to get the value it would take. So Florida, Avs, Sabres, Lightning, Flyers fans, what would you guys want?

I would do something around Bottom two 1sts, a third, and a B prospect.

Doubtful any teams do that. All 5 of the top 5 are potential franchise players. It's a good draft. I can't see any of the teams currently drifting towards those picks looking for quantity over quality.

The only asset we have that would entice anyone is Baertschi, but I'd rather keep him. Basically, all of the teams looking to hit the bottom 5 are going to be aiming for that same future franchise player we are.

TheHudlinator 04-03-2013 07:34 PM

The only real deal I see is if we get #1 overall and want MacKinnon or Barkov more than Jones then we could trade down to #3 and get another asset back.

MC Ride 04-03-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bozak (Post 63219901)
quality > quantity... you won't get the answer your looking for

Always true... But what if we send quantity with quality? On the Flames board, there's been talk about packaging Gaudreau with a 1st for a top 5.

TheHudlinator 04-03-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baerstcheese (Post 63220243)
Always true... But what if we send quantity with quality? On the Flames board, there's been talk about packaging Gaudreau with a 1st for a top 5.

I don't think he has that kind of value, I just see it being the only way we trade him.

MC Ride 04-03-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blankall (Post 63219999)
Doubtful any teams do that. All 5 of the top 5 are potential franchise players. It's a good draft. I can't see any of the teams currently drifting towards those picks looking for quantity over quality.

The only asset we have that would entice anyone is Baertschi, but I'd rather keep him. Basically, all of the teams looking to hit the bottom 5 are going to be aiming for that same future franchise player we are.

Of course. We share a common goal with most rebuilding teams and so even if it were possible, it'd take a gross overpayment

MC Ride 04-03-2013 07:38 PM

I might be the only Flames fan who would do this but would Baertschi and a pick do it?

I Hate Chris Butler 04-03-2013 07:39 PM

Trading Bart seems counterproductive to me. We know he's good, why trade him for someone who might be as good? :dunno:

TheHudlinator 04-03-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baerstcheese (Post 63220741)
I might be the only Flames fan who would do this but would Baertschi and a pick do it?

I would do Sven + mid pick for a top 5 pick but I don't think any team takes that.

MC Ride 04-03-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Hate Chris Butler (Post 63220913)
Trading Bart seems counterproductive to me. We know he's good, why trade him for someone who might be as good? :dunno:

IMO, the top 5 picks in this draft all have 1st overall potential in any other year. Prospects are kind of a wildcard but I'd say something like Drouin, Mackinnon> Baertschi, Mackinnon

blankall 04-03-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHudlinator (Post 63221115)
I would do Sven + mid pick for a top 5 pick but I don't think any team takes that.

Could see a team in the 4-5 range doing that. Sven is a year further along in his development.

TheHudlinator 04-03-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blankall (Post 63222045)
Could see a team in the 4-5 range doing that. Sven is a year further along in his development.

Maybe it depends, the Avs might as Sven fits with their team now. Just depends, if Barkov is there at 4 and said team was willing to do it I would pull the trigger.

Avs44 04-03-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHudlinator (Post 63222323)
Maybe it depends, the Avs might as Sven fits with their team now. Just depends, if Barkov is there at 4 and said team was willing to do it I would pull the trigger.

Avs? No, absolutely not. Jones is the guy we desperately need. Our pick is not for sale.

Lonewolfe2015 04-03-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHudlinator (Post 63222323)
Maybe it depends, the Avs might as Sven fits with their team now. Just depends, if Barkov is there at 4 and said team was willing to do it I would pull the trigger.

I'd take any of the top five over Bartschi right now. Would rather the Avs draft and development their guy. Especially since we're still hell bent on drafting Jones, not adding a forward unless he's gone when we go to pick.

MC Ride 04-03-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHudlinator (Post 63222323)
Maybe it depends, the Avs might as Sven fits with their team now. Just depends, if Barkov is there at 4 and said team was willing to do it I would pull the trigger.

Don't know if Avs fans would do it but I would pull the trigger too. Sven might be further along in his development but I'd argue guys like Barkov and Drouin are already NHL ready...

TheHudlinator 04-03-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avs44 (Post 63222635)
Avs? No, absolutely not. Jones is the guy we desperately need. Our pick is not for sale.

If Jones is gone and you have the #4 pick is what I meant. I guess there is always Nurse.

internetdotcom 04-03-2013 07:54 PM

No chance another team trades a top 5 pick in this draft for your lower 2 firsts, unless you add something VERY nice to it, and maybe not even then. Closest you probably could come is the PIT and STL 1sts plus Baertschi, and even then, I don't do it if I'm a team with a top 5 pick in this draft. They could all be franchise players. Baertschi is very good and I like him a lot, but he's a step below that.

Avs44 04-03-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHudlinator (Post 63222883)
If Jones is gone and you have the #4 pick is what I meant. I guess there is always Nurse.

I would take any of the guys in the top 5 rather easily over Baertschi.

TheHudlinator 04-03-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avs44 (Post 63224695)
I would take any of the guys in the top 5 over Baertschi.

Agreed so would I. Wasn't saying the Avs should do it.

Lonewolfe2015 04-03-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHudlinator (Post 63222883)
If Jones is gone and you have the #4 pick is what I meant. I guess there is always Nurse.

Barkov or Drouin then. Nurse at #4 is crazy talk.

FlyingPantherExtreme 04-03-2013 08:08 PM

Panthers win 1st pick, They take Jones. Avs have lots of skilled forwards already but it hasnt helped turned things around, they were hoping to get Jones.

Calgary trades

Brodie, Giordano, St.Louis 1st(~18th)

for

Avs 2nd overall pick

Flames draft Drouin and Mackinnon, Overpay to get whatever UFA D they can find to replace there defense.

TheHudlinator 04-03-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingPantherExtreme (Post 63225591)
Panthers win 1st pick, They take Jones. Avs have lots of skilled forwards already but it hasnt helped turned things around, they were hoping to get Jones.

Calgary trades

Brodie, Giordano, St.Louis 1st(~18th)

for

Avs 2nd overall pick

Flames draft Drouin and Mackinnon, Overpay to get whatever UFA D they can find to replace there defense.

God no, Gio is a #2 defenseman, Brodie is a young top 4 defenseman and 1st for 2nd. We would love another top 5 pick but not at that price.

Roof Daddy 04-03-2013 08:09 PM

Kinda doubt any team in the top 5 trades back that far, but 15 + 30 could move them up to # 8 I would think. If Monahan were to drop to that range I would think the Flames would make a push for that pick. A 1-2 punch of Barkov - Monahan would be a nice start to their rebuild.

Avs44 04-03-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingPantherExtreme (Post 63225591)
Panthers win 1st pick, They take Jones. Avs have lots of skilled forwards already but it hasnt helped turned things around, they were hoping to get Jones.

Calgary trades

Brodie, Giordano, St.Louis 1st(~18th)

for

Avs 2nd overall pick

Flames draft Drouin and Mackinnon, Overpay to get whatever UFA D they can find to replace there defense.

Panthers want MacKinnon badly judging by their board. I know the fans don't decide, but they know more about their team than the rest of us.



Oh, and no. Would rather have MacKinnon/Drouin than that.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.