HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Latest cuts - no surprises (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=13950)

Surly Furious 09-24-2003 10:05 AM

Latest cuts - no surprises

From Wild.com

To the AHL:

LW*Derek Boogaard*
C*Marc Cavosie
C*Mark Cullen
D*Chris Heid
D*Erik Reitz
G Frederic*Cloutier

To Junior:

*C Armands Berzins - Shawinigan (QMJHL)
*D*Jean-Michel Bolduc*- Quebec (QMJHL)

We'll have to wait a couple more games for real blood.

vitogor 09-24-2003 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bookman
From Wild.com

To the AHL:

LW*Derek Boogaard*
C*Marc Cavosie
C*Mark Cullen
D*Chris Heid
D*Erik Reitz
G Frederic*Cloutier

To Junior:

*C Armands Berzins - Shawinigan (QMJHL)
*D*Jean-Michel Bolduc*- Quebec (QMJHL)

We'll have to wait a couple more games for real blood.

I thought they were going to cut 11 players... Oh well.

ceber 09-24-2003 10:17 AM

Well, I'm a little surprised there weren't more. No big surprises, though.

Also interesting to see Holmqvist stay up.

vitogor 09-24-2003 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceber

Yes, I didn't catch that the first time I looked. Hm-mm... Wonder why they did that, they are not even playing him...

ceber 09-24-2003 10:25 AM

So this puts us at 35. I wonder if there'll be another cut before we hit 23, or if the next one will be the final one. I think I remember hearing Lemaire saying something about that last night in the post-game, but I don't remember.

vitogor 09-24-2003 10:28 AM

Quote:

So this puts us at 35. I wonder if there'll be another cut before we hit 23, or if the next one will be the final one. I think I remember hearing Lemaire saying something about that last night in the post-game, but I don't remember.

I think he was saying that the next cut will be right after the road trip.

tk421 09-24-2003 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #16
Yes, I didn't catch that the first time I looked. Hm-mm... Wonder why they did that, they are not even playing him...

He gets reps in pregame warmups.

Gets practice time with NHL players shooting at him.

Good for confidence.

vitogor 09-24-2003 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk421
He gets reps in pregame warmups.

Gets practice time with NHL players shooting at him.

Good for confidence.

I suppose.

ceber 09-24-2003 10:41 AM

Has the Aeros' camp started yet even? I think they may have a few days to go, so even if Holmqvist needed to earn the #1 spot there it probably would be good to keep him here until camp starts there, I suppose. I think he's got the starting spot locked up, so I guess you might as well keep him around until he can get better practice in Houston, huh?

The Austrian 09-24-2003 11:16 AM

yes !! Christoph survived !!!! im really happy !!! :handclap: :handclap: :yo:

Hecht 09-24-2003 12:52 PM

actually isn't Holmqvist waiver draft eligible? so they'll have to protect 2 goalies...maybe they'll trade either fernandez or Holmqvist.

GaborikRules10!!! 09-24-2003 01:00 PM

Nothing to suprising here.

Goldy 09-24-2003 01:48 PM

The only thing surprising me is they cut fewer players than they indicated they would. This must mean that enough players are playing well to make the cutdown decisions more difficult than expected.

Of course, if Gabby and Dupuis were here maybe it wouldn't be so hard.

Lukko4 09-24-2003 02:30 PM

This is a very unexpected development in the case of Armands Berzins. Expectations were that he would sign with the Wild and play the season at the AHL or ECHL levels, but for him to get sent back to Junior is quite a shocker.

He has been re-assigned to Shawinigan, but the problem is, they already have their 20 year olds and their 2 Europeans. Most teams have all 3 of their 20 year olds, and all but 2 teams in the QMJHL (Rouyn & Chicoutimi) have 2 Europeans. Looks like Berzins may be forced to go over to Europe for the season.

I am a little dissapointed by the Wild....

Blackshad 09-24-2003 03:28 PM

I can do some report on Berzin or any player drafted that play or palyed for Shawinigan. I go see a game once a week.

Blackshad 09-24-2003 03:29 PM

I saw Dupuis in the junior and i still dont know why he wasnt drafted. What a player he was in the junior!!

Jbcraig1883 09-24-2003 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackshad
I can do some report on Berzin or any player drafted that play or palyed for Shawinigan. I go see a game once a week.

Cool man, try to give us updates on Berzins as much as you can. I am sure that everyone here would be pleased to read them.

Jbcraig1883 09-24-2003 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackshad

Cool man, try to give us updates on Berzins as much as you can. I am sure that everyone here would be pleased to read them.

Lukko4 09-24-2003 04:15 PM

We still have to wait and see where Berzins ends up, because Shawinigan would have to get rid of a 20 year old (Charles Gauthier, Pascal Pelletier, Jonathan Jolette)....and since Charlie is the Captain, I can't see them getting rid of him, and with Jolette and Pelletier coming to the team this year, they won't get rid of any of them. And on top of that, they would have to get rid of either Marek Hascak (*18*) or Mike Gavalier (19)...Not going to happen.

I don't expect to see Berzins back in Shawiland.

ceber 09-24-2003 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevenet
We still have to wait and see where Berzins ends up, because Shawinigan would have to get rid of a 20 year old (Charles Gauthier, Pascal Pelletier, Jonathan Jolette)....and since Charlie is the Captain, I can't see them getting rid of him, and with Jolette and Pelletier coming to the team this year, they won't get rid of any of them. And on top of that, they would have to get rid of either Marek Hascak (*18*) or Mike Gavalier (19)...Not going to happen.

I don't expect to see Berzins back in Shawiland.

Any chance it's an oversight by the Wild? Would they still have the chance to assign him to Houston if it is? Seems odd that they'd just hang him out like that after keeping him in camp this long.

Blackshad 09-24-2003 07:33 PM

Yeah you are right he should get traded

thestonedkoala 09-24-2003 09:19 PM

Dupuis didn't signed because he broke his leg pretty badly. Teams didn't think he could bounce back.

ceber 09-25-2003 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevenet
This is a very unexpected development in the case of Armands Berzins. Expectations were that he would sign with the Wild and play the season at the AHL or ECHL levels, but for him to get sent back to Junior is quite a shocker.

He has been re-assigned to Shawinigan, but the problem is, they already have their 20 year olds and their 2 Europeans. Most teams have all 3 of their 20 year olds, and all but 2 teams in the QMJHL (Rouyn & Chicoutimi) have 2 Europeans. Looks like Berzins may be forced to go over to Europe for the season.

I am a little dissapointed by the Wild....

This was in the Star-Tribune today:
"Also cut were center Armands Berzins and defenseman Jean-Michel Bolduc. Bolduc will return to his junior team. Berzins also could return to juniors, though he could play in the East Coast Hockey League."

So, sounds like the ECHL is an option still.

Lukko4 09-25-2003 04:57 AM

I guess maybe they will assign him to Junior and hope someone takes him, since the ECHL labour dispute is still ongoing....get him some playing time before reporting to the E.

tk421 09-25-2003 05:03 AM

Quote:

Well, I'm a little surprised there weren't more. No big surprises, though.

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twinci...ey/6853725.htm