HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   OT: Red Sox/MLB 2013 Thread Part XXIII-Could this year b another Impossible Dream Season? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1395143)

bruinsfan1970 04-03-2013 10:29 PM

Red Sox/MLB 2013 Thread Part XXIII-Could this year b another Impossible Dream Season?
 
Have at it...Red Sox beat the Yanks again 7-4.

Nose Face Killah 04-03-2013 10:34 PM

I think we can do it again.

Latrappe 04-04-2013 05:20 AM

Just can't believe that they talk about sending Iglesias down. The guy is freaking good at his position and will save a TON of runs. The Red Sox are getting on my nerves with their " we want a batting SS ". Runs preventions can do wonders for your team...

SPV 04-04-2013 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latrappe (Post 63263103)
Just can't believe that they talk about sending Iglesias down. The guy is freaking good at his position and will save a TON of runs. The Red Sox are getting on my nerves with their " we want a batting SS ". Runs preventions can do wonders for your team...

I couldn't agree more!!

I really like the idea of having a slick fielding shortstop. Ozzie Smith didn't debut until he was 23, and he hit in the low .200s his first several years; but they stuck with him because of his defense and he turned out okay as a hitter in the long run.
Omar Vizquel was simliar to that as well.

SpokedLightning 04-04-2013 10:48 AM

Ya got to play the guy you overpay.

LSCII 04-04-2013 11:47 AM

2 wins over a really, really bad NY team? Get the duck boats ready!!! :laugh:

Actp 04-04-2013 11:50 AM

Keep Iglesias up for now. He has made some nice adjustments to his hitting. He hits like a slap hitter with a little hitch now and not like a power hitter with a one motion swing as before. Besides Drew is not going to vastly outperform anyone, I don't think. Hoping for a third win in a row but with the dumpster man on the hill, I doubt it.

BklyNBruiN 04-04-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSCII (Post 63277609)
2 wins over a really, really bad NY team? Get the duck boats ready!!! :laugh:

I know right.. :laugh: You gotta hear the fans here in NYC they are not happy at the way things have been going down last couple years.

LSCII 04-04-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BklyNBruiN (Post 63277857)
I know right.. :laugh: You gotta hear the fans here in NYC they are not happy at the way things have been going down last couple years.

It's so dumb. The Yankees are essentially fielding a Triple A team right now. They'll be far better when they get healthy. I love that it's bothering NY fans though. Classic...:laugh:

Shaun 04-04-2013 12:09 PM

this is great


smithformeragent 04-04-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSCII (Post 63277609)
2 wins over a really, really bad NY team? Get the duck boats ready!!! :laugh:

No kidding :shakehead

MLB season is a grind and the Red Sox starting rotation is still suspect. We'll see what happens.

I still think the line-up has a glaring hole in the heart of the order.

Mione134 04-04-2013 12:23 PM

Who cares? Enjoy this while it lasts. This team looks better. They all seem to be on the same page. Aggressive. Its much more cohesive than last year. Build a big lead before the Yanks get the fort back.

SPV 04-04-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mione134 (Post 63280015)
Who cares? Enjoy this while it lasts. This team looks better. They all seem to be on the same page. Aggressive. Its much more cohesive than last year. Build a big lead before the Yanks get the fort back.

I agree. Nothing wrong with being excited that they won their first two games. Plus, I think just the general attitude of the team feels better. I'll be the first to admit I lost interet in cheering for several of those guys the past few years; and it's refereshing to see some hustle and youth in the mix.

KCBRUIN 04-04-2013 06:10 PM

Tonight's gonna suck not having picture in picture. Go Sox!!! I'll be swapping back and forth.

Shaun 04-04-2013 06:14 PM

shane o mac just tried to take home on a past ball and was out by a mile

Avs_19 04-04-2013 06:14 PM

Victorino is a dummy.

KCBRUIN 04-04-2013 06:19 PM

Beautiful throw by Ross.

Avs_19 04-04-2013 06:22 PM

Shift works beautifully there. Middlebrooks throws Cano out from right field. :laugh:

KCBRUIN 04-04-2013 06:33 PM

Toronto going yard every other at bat it seems. Papi needs to hurry up.

Cory Trevor 04-04-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCBRUIN (Post 63303879)
Toronto going yard every other at bat it seems. Papi needs to hurry up.


It'll be like that all season. Toronto is stackeddddd..

KCBRUIN 04-04-2013 06:44 PM

Overbay looks like Jere Burns from Justified. Pre-plastic surgery of course.

Avs_19 04-04-2013 06:51 PM

It's bad when you're giving up homers to Brett Gardner.

bruinswincup 04-04-2013 06:52 PM

Dempster blows. I guess Cherington turned a blind eye to his performance in Texas last season.

smithformeragent 04-04-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruinswincup (Post 63306185)
Dempster blows. I guess Cherington turned a blind eye to his performance in Texas last season.

plug

Johnnyduke 04-04-2013 07:36 PM

Bruinswinscup, Dempster had a rough start in texas but rebounded and pitched well.

Looks like pettitte is still on the juice


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.