HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Player Discussion: Brian Boyle (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1395945)

CHGoalie27 04-04-2013 08:20 PM

Brian Boyle
 
Ok, now that he reminded us that he's NOT in fact 6 foot 7 inches of useless crap, is this the return of the Boyle from two seasons ago?

Bob Richards 04-04-2013 08:24 PM

Do we have one of these threads on Jim Ramsay yet?

But he was pretty awesome yesterday. How many 4 point games does that make it for us in like the last two weeks? Stepan, Cally and now Boyle.

Bird Law 04-04-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 (Post 63317759)
Ok, now that he reminded us that he's NOT in fact 6 foot 7 inches of useless crap, is this the return of the Boyle from two seasons ago?

He's been solid all season. Just a better player on the wing. We didn't have the depth to use him there before. Now we do.

TheDoctorLies 04-04-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Richards (Post 63318433)
Do we have one of these threads on Jim Ramsay yet?

But he was pretty awesome yesterday. How many 4 point games does that make it for us in like the last two weeks? Stepan, Cally and now Boyle.

Don't forget Brassard.

Bob Richards 04-04-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDoctorLies (Post 63318639)
Don't forget Brassard.

You are correct. Wow. Not bad for a team bereft of scoring.

Brian Boyle 04-04-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Richards (Post 63318433)
Do we have one of these threads on Jim Ramsay yet?

But he was pretty awesome yesterday. How many 4 point games does that make it for us in like the last two weeks? Stepan, Cally and now Boyle.

It's actually now a 2 point game for Boyle.

Punxrocknyc19* 04-04-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 (Post 63317759)
Ok, now that he reminded us that he's NOT in fact 6 foot 7 inches of useless crap, is this the return of the Boyle from two seasons ago?

nope.. we have seen this before :help:

Green Blob* 04-04-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Richards (Post 63318433)
Do we have one of these threads on Jim Ramsay yet?

But he was pretty awesome yesterday. How many 4 point games does that make it for us in like the last two weeks? Stepan, Cally and now Boyle.

He only had 2 points yesterday...

McRanger 04-04-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Blob (Post 63323249)
He only had 2 points yesterday...

3 assists. Assuming Richards keeps the 1st goal.

Bob Richards 04-04-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -31- (Post 63319389)
It's actually now a 2 point game for Boyle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Blob (Post 63323249)
He only had 2 points yesterday...

Did they strip him of everything? How could they do that to Byron?

HatTrick Swayze 04-04-2013 09:04 PM

He was great yesterday. And I am a big fan of the guy.

But he has already shown that a kick in the rear can get him going (see the first time he was a healthy scratch). He responds well to it. Consistency has been the bigger problem.

I think he clearly really wants to be a Ranger, and there is no denying that he played some great hockey last year in the playoffs. I hope he brings it down the stretch this year and keeps it up; the switch to wing should take a little defensive pressure off and minimize his speed weakness.

Bird Law 04-04-2013 09:14 PM

One thing. I still would prefer to have him take the faceoffs. Have Brass God start out on wing for the faceoffs and let Boyle swing in right after. No reason not to do that.

Kershaw 04-04-2013 09:20 PM

I'm thinking it was Feds who kept the line together. I think this is why we see a declination in production and overall play.

Green Blob* 04-04-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Richards (Post 63324227)
Did they strip him of everything? How could they do that to Byron?

:laugh:

Poor Byron. They said he didnt deserve the goal and one of the assists.

Brian Boyle 04-04-2013 09:28 PM

Bard was at the game and he had a few words with the official scorekeeper.

Pizza 04-04-2013 09:38 PM

I have big hope that with new additions Boyler will find his way back to productivity. Really solid game last night. First game this year he looked good imo. Boyle's job is be physical, but it's something he really has to work at. He's by no means a natural at it. Now he's got guys to help. When Dorsett gets back it will be even easier for him.

NYR Viper 04-05-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan. (Post 63325669)
One thing. I still would prefer to have him take the faceoffs. Have Brass God start out on wing for the faceoffs and let Boyle swing in right after. No reason not to do that.

I am hoping that is the plan as well. Or at least to split them. Brassard was actually very good on face-offs (2) nights ago.

TheRightWay 04-05-2013 07:34 AM

The addition of Brassard will hopefully lessen the load on Boyle and let him stick to what he is good at. He's great on faceoffs. He's great on the PK. He can chip in a bit offensively.

Mikos87 04-05-2013 07:43 AM

Ok so heres my thinking on Boyle. At Center he is a very good checking line centers with checking wingers. And at wing he is actually effective offensively, barelling down the boards and setting screens.

Parker 04-05-2013 10:01 AM

I'd love to see Boyle make us eat some crow by finding his game playing wing with Brassard at center.

BroadwayHustle 04-05-2013 10:05 AM

I always felt Boyle was better on the wing, he seems to make more of an effort to take the puck to the net on the wing

Blueblood9 04-05-2013 10:22 AM

I disslike boyle for personal reasons. but he gets crapped on way to much. boyle is 4th line center and is an adequite 3rd line winger. He is definatly one of our better pkers and defensive forwards. The issue is he gets put in positions where he should not be like the pp and playing with krieder.

Brian Boyle 04-05-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueblood9 (Post 63356479)
I disslike boyle for personal reasons.

Dying to know what.

pld459666 04-05-2013 11:21 AM

Not a fan of Boyle as the 3rd line center.

Not really a big believer in him as a 3rd line winger either. Wednesday's game doesn't change that for me.

I would like to see him do that on a regular basis (point production aside)

If he can combine with Brass and Hags to form a 3rd line that will be solid defensively AND offensively I will be OK with that.

However, I love the way Dorsett plays. As Pizza mentioned above, playing the physical game is not a natural way to play for Boyle. It's something he has to work at. I would prefer to have someone that plays that way instintively on the line with Brass and Hags. I also believe that Dorsett is a better deterrant in regards to guys trying to take liberties with Hags and Brass as well.

Callahan - Stepan - Nash
Clowe - Richards - Zuccs
Hagelin - Brass - Boyle (for now)
Pyatt - Powe - Asham

When healthy

place Dorsett with Hags and Brass

Put Boyle on LW and remove Pyatt from the line up.

That is a more than capable 4th line defensively.

NYR Viper 04-05-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pld459666 (Post 63359599)
Not a fan of Boyle as the 3rd line center.

Not really a big believer in him as a 3rd line winger either. Wednesday's game doesn't change that for me.

I would like to see him do that on a regular basis (point production aside)

If he can combine with Brass and Hags to form a 3rd line that will be solid defensively AND offensively I will be OK with that.

However, I love the way Dorsett plays. As Pizza mentioned above, playing the physical game is not a natural way to play for Boyle. It's something he has to work at. I would prefer to have someone that plays that way instintively on the line with Brass and Hags. I also believe that Dorsett is a better deterrant in regards to guys trying to take liberties with Hags and Brass as well.

Callahan - Stepan - Nash
Clowe - Richards - Zuccs
Hagelin - Brass - Boyle (for now)
Pyatt - Powe - Asham

When healthy

place Dorsett with Hags and Brass

Put Boyle on LW and remove Pyatt from the line up.

That is a more than capable 4th line defensively.

That's a good thing though, no?

Dorsett pushes Boyle down, and the team has (5) centers dressed every night in case of injury. Say Clowe or Dorsett get 5 minutes? Boyle can move up and take on more time. IMO it is ideal to hold onto him.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.