HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Predators Alternate Captain (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1396135)

Tyler Durden 04-04-2013 11:01 PM

Predators Alternate Captain

With Erat gone and Fisher already being one of the alternate captains, who do y'all think should be the next Predators alternate captain and have the "A" on his jersey?

Nashville Transplant 04-04-2013 11:08 PM

the correct answer is Hal Gill... elder statesman, veteran leader, intelligent player and most NHL games played of all Preds.

Soundgarden 04-04-2013 11:18 PM

Legwand is an obvious one. Klein and Hornqvist could be too considering they're our veterans now. I wouldn't mind Klein personally, just signed long term for a discount, very solid defender, nice guy.

AintLifeGrand 04-04-2013 11:19 PM

Bourque

StarvinArvin38 04-05-2013 12:53 AM

leggy. IDC what he says. Gills comments last year exempt him from ANY leadership capabilities. Only other people I would accept is Klein or Goose.

Machinehead 04-05-2013 05:21 AM

I would like to see Hornqvist or Klein get it

Machinehead 04-05-2013 05:31 AM

Now I'd really love to see Wilson with it, but lord knows that ain't gonna happen.

AtlantaWhaler 04-05-2013 06:46 AM

Leggy or Klein here too

PredsV82 04-05-2013 06:49 AM

Im thinking if Legwand declines the permanent A then Klein has earned it.

Fo Shea Shea 04-05-2013 07:16 AM

Leggy shouldn't get the A. Let's face it guys, he's worst center to ever put on a pair of skates. The guy it horrible. =P

alexmanu 04-05-2013 07:18 AM

Give it to young Roman Josi.

preds1 04-05-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 63349439)
Im thinking if Legwand declines the permanent A then Klein has earned it.

Agree with Klein.

token grinder 04-05-2013 09:00 AM

Barry hasn't tattooed it to Yip yet?

Tyler Durden 04-05-2013 09:07 AM

Who wore an A last year or in the past for the Preds that's on the current roster? Wasn't it Legwand?

Machinehead 04-05-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler Durden (Post 63353009)
Who wore an A last year or in the past for the Preds that's on the current roster? Wasn't it Legwand?

Legwand was the interim when one of Fisher, Weber, or Erat could not fulfill their duties that evening, but he's never wanted a permanent one.

dulzhok 04-05-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machinehead (Post 63363627)
Legwand was the interim when one of Fisher, Weber, or Erat could not fulfill their duties that evening, but he's never wanted a permanent one.

That is not true. Someone just linked to an article where he said it sometimes bothers him that he doesn't have a letter but it doesn't gnaw at him.

As for who should get a letter, I would consider Rinne. It would not shock me if Legwand gets it.

But, we have no obvious leaders on the ice, which is one of the reasons we are where we are. We're trying to find an identity. So choosing a "leader" amongst the current group is no easy task.

Top 6 Spaling 04-05-2013 01:09 PM

Hornqvist deserves the C in my opinion...

Tyler Durden 04-05-2013 06:54 PM

Sounds like its a split between Legwand and Klein

kypredsfan 04-05-2013 07:21 PM

Leggy in all seriousness.

Nashville Transplant 04-05-2013 09:56 PM

well, no one agrees with me, but my guess is management would think Gill if Legwand is not interested in wearing the A.

Seth Lake 04-05-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dulzhok (Post 63364967)
That is not true. Someone just linked to an article where he said it sometimes bothers him that he doesn't have a letter but it doesn't gnaw at him.

As for who should get a letter, I would consider Rinne. It would not shock me if Legwand gets it.

But, we have no obvious leaders on the ice, which is one of the reasons we are where we are. We're trying to find an identity. So choosing a "leader" amongst the current group is no easy task.

Rinne would not be allowed to cross center ice or leave his crease area to speak with a referee which is one of the primary functions of a captain. Luongo was named an alternate with Vancouver last season, but decided to not wear the letter and instead had it painted on the chin of his mask.

Rinne is an integral part of the leadership core. He does not need a letter on his chest to be a leader on this team.

As for the other part of your quote, I think you are sorely mistaken. The team as a whole has struggled with it's identity this season, but if you truly watch the games there is no question who the leaders are and who routinely speaks to the officials. Klein is definitely a guy who would draw attention on the backend and Legwand is the guy up front that routinely fills many of the roles as a team captain even when he is not wearing a letter. I think both would be strong candidates for consideration.

Seth Lake 04-05-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nashville Transplant (Post 63402539)
well, no one agrees with me, but my guess is management would think Gill if Legwand is not interested in wearing the A.

Gill is at the end of his career. He's been around a long time and is in a leadership role in terms of being a mentor right now, but is not the guy you would stick a letter on to replace a 11 year veteran of the team.

Klein and Legwand are both homegrown guys that have the trust of their teammates and the right attitudes to handle speaking with the officials during a game. Those are the top two candidates on this board for those reasons.

The PH Factor 04-06-2013 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling (Post 63365103)
Hornqvist deserves the C in my opinion...

I'd like this, think Horns ups the play of any line he's on and has real grit...but I think it'll be Legwand

INDhockeyfan 04-06-2013 09:25 AM

If Legwand wants the permanent A it is his. If not then it will be Klein. Klein signed a long term contract with the team and did it with no drama. I'd rather it go to one of the young core who will be here for a number of years rather than a someone that we may trade away or retire.

glenngineer 04-06-2013 09:28 AM

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Bourque. Reward his hard work. To me it rewards one of the kids. To me Bourque is the epitome of what a Predator player is.