HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Free Agent Frenzy (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Burmistrov (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1396219)

Djp 04-05-2013 12:25 AM

Burmistrov

This week there was talk of a Stafford for Burmistrov. the feeling is this will resurface around the draft.

WPG fans---What is Burmistrov value to you?

JetsHomer 04-05-2013 12:56 AM

Definitely a lot more than Stafford. If no teams wanted Jokinen for free at 3m, why are teams going to want Stafford at 4m?

dma0034 04-05-2013 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High (Post 63345019)
Definitely a lot more than Stafford. If no teams wanted Jokinen for free at 3m, why are teams going to want Stafford at 4m?

I don't know ask the Jets why they offered Burmistrov straight up for Stafford but the Sabres wanted more.

WJG 04-05-2013 03:59 AM

Burmistrov for Couturier? :dunno:

Former top 10 picks drafted one year apart. Both are defensive centers with offensive potential.

Acallabeth 04-05-2013 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WJG (Post 63347763)
Burmistrov for Couturier? :dunno:

Former top 10 picks drafted one year apart. Both are defensive centers with offensive potential.

This doesn't make sense, and wasn't Couturier the guy that shut down Malkin last year's playoffs?

On topic: hmm, Joel Ward?

Lord Flacko* 04-05-2013 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acallabeth (Post 63347779)
This doesn't make sense, and wasn't Couturier the guy that shut down Malkin last year's playoffs?

On topic: hmm, Joel Ward?

Thats horrible..

HockeySensible 04-05-2013 05:28 AM

Depends on what Winnipeg wants.. before the deadline passed, I was thinking something along the lines of Clendening + a pick (not a 1st).

But.. then again, Burmistrov scored last night, so his value likely sky-rocketed. :sarcasm:

Seriously though, Buristrov isn't beyond hope. He's shown a lot of flashes since his rookie season that he has quality top-6 potential. But at this point, unless Winnipeg wants to accept a deal like the one I proposed, they're likely better off keeping him and seeing if he can breakout.

AirBriere48 04-05-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dma0034 (Post 63346451)
I don't know ask the Jets why they offered Burmistrov straight up for Stafford but the Sabres wanted more.

Who reported this? If it's true I hope that gets revisited this summer.

JetsHomer 04-05-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Please provide a source for this statement

untouchable21 04-05-2013 10:22 AM

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can see the JETS dealing him at the draft to a team with multiple 1st rounders like Calgary, Columbus or Buffalo if there is still a player on the board that the JETS covet.

That said, if someone is interested, it's obvious they still see his upside as he is just 21. There may have to be a small + added to the 1st which wouldn't be TOP 10 (unless Feaster loses his mind) and likely only in the 20's. Something to add to the roster to offset the loss of Burmi.

If Calgary's owners really expect playoffs next season, they might look favorably at adding someone like Burmistrov immediately rather than waiting 2 years on a player selected with say the St. Louis pick. Just spit ballin' here.

I'd just as soon keep him around awhile longer though I have a feeling he will be dealt.

Matthew McConaughey 04-05-2013 11:28 AM

Burmistrov is apparently in Claude Noel's doghouse. Funny, with the way this team has played in the last 10 games, I'd put Noel in the doghouse. :nod:

I would not trade Burmistrov personally, unless it was for a legit top 6 RW that is close to him in age. This appears to be a patient organization. I hope that's true and they keep him for at least 2 more years and see what happens with his development.

QMJHLfollower 04-05-2013 11:33 AM

Something around Frattin (RW) and Burmistrov (C) with the Leafs adding a little bit?

Flair Hay 04-05-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower (Post 63360279)
Something around Frattin (RW) and Burmistrov (C) with the Leafs adding a little bit?

Possibly.

Andrighetto Fabolous 04-05-2013 11:51 AM

I thought he looked very good yesterday against the Habs, definitely wouldn't trade him if I was the Jets unless they got a massive overpayment.

SmellOfVictory 04-05-2013 11:52 AM

Would Winnipeg fans do something around Cammalleri (half salary)+ for Burmi?

vBurmi 04-05-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2 Chainz (Post 63361183)
I thought he looked very good yesterday against the Habs, definitely wouldn't trade him if I was the Jets unless they got a massive overpayment.

Even aside from the goal I thought he played well last night. That was definitely one of his better games this year though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory (Post 63361255)
Would Winnipeg fans do something around Cammalleri (half salary)+ for Burmi?

No. Burmistrov is still one of the top players from his draft class. You're either getting another top-10 pick or similar young player/prospect, or the Jets have no reason to not hold on to him. Cammalleri is obviously a better player now and next year, but I really think the Jets are targeting that 3-5 year range.

Ashasx 04-05-2013 12:20 PM

Burmistrov was picked far too high. I'd be surprised if he has the value of a late 1st rounder now. With that said, I can understand why the Jets wouldn't do that.

I think his defensive game is vastly overrated, and he doesn't have the offense to make up for it.

Huffer 04-05-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

If that was true then both GM's should be fired. Chevldayoff for offering, and Regier for saying no.

winterpeg 04-05-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashasx (Post 63362757)
Burmistrov was picked far too high. I'd be surprised if he has the value of a late 1st rounder now. With that said, I can understand why the Jets wouldn't do that.

I think his defensive game is vastly overrated, and he doesn't have the offense to make up for it.

Compare him to other players in his draft class, statistically, in terms of NHL performance. Guys who aren't in the NHL yet don't get "higher value because they're still prospects". Maybe this has changed in the last month, but I remember it being said that only one person picked below him has currently done more.

If you look at advanced stats, nearly every single player on the jets has better performance when on the ice with Burmi vs. without.

And he can't be overrated defensively, and have no offensive skill, AND play with scrubs (which he generally does) AND have the second best +/- on the team. These cannot all add up. His offensive production is not there, but his defensive play most certainly is.

Jimbo7200 04-05-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djp (Post 63343841)
This week there was talk of a Stafford for Burmistrov. the feeling is this will resurface around the draft.

WPG fans---What is Burmistrov value to you?

I want him in Detroit badly. What does it take to get it done? Does Nyquist and a 1st get the talks started?

JetsHomer 04-05-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winterpeg (Post 63365061)
Compare him to other players in his draft class, statistically, in terms of NHL performance. Guys who aren't in the NHL yet don't get "higher value because they're still prospects". Maybe this has changed in the last month, but I remember it being said that only one person picked below him has currently done more.

If you look at advanced stats, nearly every single player on the jets has better performance when on the ice with Burmi vs. without.

And he can't be overrated defensively, and have no offensive skill, AND play with scrubs (which he generally does) AND have the second best +/- on the team. These cannot all add up. His offensive production is not there, but his defensive play most certainly is.

I'd say three players. Fowler, Faulk and Tarasenko.

allan5oh 04-05-2013 01:37 PM

Jets needs:

RW to play with Kane
1st/2nd line C
draft picks

Don't need:

4th line scrubs
RHD

dma0034 04-05-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High (Post 63352335)
Please provide a source for this statement

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419753

Quote:

The Jets were reportedly talking to the Sabres about a deal that would send Alexander Burmistrov to Buffalo for right-winger Drew Stafford.

"It's one of those things where at different points in time you're talking lots of different players with lots of different teams and different scenarios," said Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff. "This is the group that earned the opportunity to be battling at this point in time for a playoff position."

The Amity Affliction 04-05-2013 01:46 PM

What would Winnipeg want from the Rangers for him?

BigTuna49 04-05-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dma0034 (Post 63366635)

That doesn't say he was offered straight up for Stafford and Buffalo turned it down at all. How did you get to that conclusion?