HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Pre-Game Talk: 4/6/2013 Capitals @ Panthers "The kids are alright" (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1396437)

adam graves 04-05-2013 11:02 AM

4/6/2013 Capitals @ Panthers "The kids are alright"

George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards
#FlaPanthers new fourth line: Scottie Upshall-Drew Shore-George Parros

Florida Panthers ‏@FlaPanthers
Practice underway for #FlaPanthers. @NBjugstad72 on a line with @qhowden21 and Skille.

adam graves 04-05-2013 11:03 AM

The bjugstad howden skille line could be the fastest line in hockey...

ursavolta 04-05-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam graves (Post 63355517)

I think it would be one of the fastest line in hockey if matthias was centering instead of bjugstad.

I am way too excited for bjugstad.

RainingRats 04-05-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam graves (Post 63355517)

Bjugstad is a really good skater for his size but he's not nearly as fast as his wingers who are some of the fastest. Like Ursvolta said, put Matthias there and you probably have the fastest players with size in the league on one line.

adam graves 04-05-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainingRats (Post 63356207)
Bjugstad is a really good skater for his size but he's not nearly as fast as his wingers who are some of the fastest. Like Ursvolta said, put Matthias there and you probably have the fastest players with size in the league on one line.

So you think its better served with Matthias there, Shore back up with the kiddies and move howden to 4th ?

RainingRats 04-05-2013 11:20 AM

Nothing against Skille but I would have liked to seen Kopecky on the wing. I think him and Bjugstad could do a fantastic job of cycling the puck and maintaining puck possession. Bjugstad does a great job of using his size to cycle and shield the puck.

RainingRats 04-05-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam graves (Post 63356273)
So you think its better served with Matthias there, Shore back up with the kiddies and move howden to 4th ?

That line is fine, I'd rather see Kopecky on the wing in place of Skille. I think we'll see Dinnen mix the lines up anyway unless Shore's wrist is bothering him.

I would like to see Bjugstad center Hubs just because it would be fun to see and Bjugstad has a great shot.

adam graves 04-05-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainingRats (Post 63356375)
Nothing against Skille but I would have liked to seen Kopecky on the wing. I think him and Bjugstad could do a fantastic job of cycling the puck and maintaining puck possession. Bjugstad does a great job of using his size to cycle and shield the puck.

finally a team where we can argue positive things line lines, eh? no goalie or coach fights!!!

RainingRats 04-05-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam graves (Post 63356491)
finally a team where we can argue positive things line lines, eh? no goalie or coach fights!!!

haha, I'm sure someone will tell me I'm wrong about skille. I think he lives in Canada and likes the Panthers. haha

batting1k 04-05-2013 11:43 AM

Markstrom on Saturday or Sunday?

AaronEkbald 04-05-2013 11:46 AM

Minnesota's top line was Rau - Bjugstad - X

I think KD should try to recreate this somehow. Bjugstad needs speedy wingers who grind and possess the puck. He should get paired with Skille, Upshall (maybe Bergenheim, for next season).

Howden with Bjugstad might work, but Q is still getting used to the NHL game. I don't know how effective that line could be.. It might spell disaster as far keeping the puck out of our own net. Because you got 2 rookies with hardly 10 games under their belt combined.

adam graves 04-05-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batting1k (Post 63357575)
Markstrom on Saturday or Sunday?

Will bet the ranch Markstrom plays until he loses....even if that means sat/sun.

Montsy14 04-05-2013 12:52 PM

Does anyone think Jordan Staal is a realistic comparison for Bjugstad? Or are we talking like Getzlaf/Thornton level?

RainingRats 04-05-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montsy14 (Post 63361261)
Does anyone think Jordan Staal is a realistic comparison for Bjugstad? Or are we talking like Getzlaf/Thornton level?

I think Bjugstad is more of a finisher than Getzlaf/Thornton who are both more playmakers. I also think believing Bjugstad could live up to Getzlaf/Thornton level is a little premature and probably too lofty of expectations. I'm not sure if he's as good defensively as Staal but I'd say production wise, I'd bet he's closer to Staal than Getzlaf/Thornton. Bjugstad's great at protecting the puck, going in the corners, and rifling the puck top shelf. I think he has a lot of the characteristics that could match up really well with Huberdeau as linemates. I'm having a little trouble comparing him to a player but I'd say Eric Staal/Jeff Carter hybrid, because of his finishing ability is more adept of a player comparison than Getzlaf/Thornton.

AaronEkbald 04-05-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Hopefully, at the very least, David Backes.

Egblad 04-05-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

I thought about the same comparison to be honest. Saturday will be fun.

Howboutthempanthers 04-05-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts (Post 63357703)
Minnesota's top line was Rau - Bjugstad - X

I think KD should try to recreate this somehow. Bjugstad needs speedy wingers who grind and possess the puck. He should get paired with Skille, Upshall (maybe Bergenheim, for next season).

Howden with Bjugstad might work, but Q is still getting used to the NHL game. I don't know how effective that line could be.. It might spell disaster as far keeping the puck out of our own net. Because you got 2 rookies with hardly 10 games under their belt combined.

That's to help with the tank :sarcasm:. But yeah, all I hope is that Bjugstad can play well enough to avoid all the "bust" threads shortly after the game.

Coolburn 04-05-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainingRats (Post 63361869)
I think Bjugstad is more of a finisher than Getzlaf/Thornton who are both more playmakers. I also think believing Bjugstad could live up to Getzlaf/Thornton level is a little premature and probably too lofty of expectations. I'm not sure if he's as good defensively as Staal but I'd say production wise, I'd bet he's closer to Staal than Getzlaf/Thornton. Bjugstad's great at protecting the puck, going in the corners, and rifling the puck top shelf. I think he has a lot of the characteristics that could match up really well with Huberdeau as linemates. I'm having a little trouble comparing him to a player but I'd say Eric Staal/Jeff Carter hybrid, because of his finishing ability is more adept of a player comparison than Getzlaf/Thornton.

Bjugstad himself has said in the past that he tries to model his game after Thornton. I think thats definitely how you see his ability at protecting the puck comes from because thats what Thornton excels at too. I'm sure there are different parts of his game that are modeled after different players so in the end, there is no good comparison because he really doesnt have someone that does what he does.

RainingRats 04-05-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolburn (Post 63363337)
Bjugstad himself has said in the past that he tries to model his game after Thornton. I think thats definitely how you see his ability at protecting the puck comes from because thats what Thornton excels at too. I'm sure there are different parts of his game that are modeled after different players so in the end, there is no good comparison because he really doesnt have someone that does what he does.

Agree 100%

Blad Meaning Gud 04-05-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolburn (Post 63363337)

You're right.. I'd almost say his best comparable is Tyler Myers.. It's tough to compare him to somebody.

Erick 04-05-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez (Post 63364369)
You're right.. I'd almost say his best comparable is Tyler Myers.. It's tough to compare him to somebody.

Tyler Myers, the defenseman? :help:

Blad Meaning Gud 04-05-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erick (Post 63366281)
Tyler Myers, the defenseman? :help:

Yea.. Similar build and I always thought they skated similarly.. Obviously the skill set is very different.

IceManCat 04-05-2013 03:48 PM

A more physical less shooting more passing Jeff Carter

AwesomePanthers 04-05-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

To me Bjugstad is pretty much a Getzlaf clone. Except that Bjugstad isnt as good of a passer, but maybe a better goalscorer.

Can't wait for tomorrows game:handclap:

adam graves 04-05-2013 06:20 PM

Anyone see if Jacob changed to #25?