HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   News Article: Jetsí Alex Burmistrov relieved heís staying put (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1396645)

cbcwpg 04-05-2013 02:54 PM

Jetsí Alex Burmistrov relieved heís staying put
 
http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/04/0...es-staying-put

ďBut Iím happy Iím staying here. I think itís part of the business but Iím glad everything went like this.Ē

Wants to be here.

Duke749 04-05-2013 02:56 PM

That's a good sign.

jetsfan8 04-05-2013 02:58 PM

when did he ever say he didnt want to?

this whole non story is just something big ole gary decided to make up

Do or Die 04-05-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetsfan8 (Post 63367301)
when did he ever say he didnt want to?

this whole non story is just something big ole gary decided to make up

Hey, nobody...but nobody..... can unearth and get to the bottom of a non-story, quite like Gary Lawless.

cheswick 04-05-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetsfan8 (Post 63367301)
when did he ever say he didnt want to?

this whole non story is just something big ole gary decided to make up

During his days in St. Johns he posted to instagram about how he missed his KHL team and thought it was time to go home. Which could ofcourse just mean he'd rather play in the KHL than the AHL.

cbcwpg 04-05-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetsfan8 (Post 63367301)
when did he ever say he didnt want to?

this whole non story is just something big ole gary decided to make up

Do people even read what is written before commenting. Not to nitpick, but the link is from the Sun. Lawless works for the WFP.

Ken Wiebe wrote it.

angrymnky 04-05-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbcwpg (Post 63367143)

Wants to be here.


You expected him or the article to say anything else? Like players feel free to vent to any and all reporters. And if he does or doesn't want to be here, it's like he says - a business.

JetsHomer 04-05-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheswick (Post 63367521)
During his days in St. Johns he posted to instagram about how he missed his KHL team and thought it was time to go home. Which could ofcourse just mean he'd rather play in the KHL than the AHL.

I'm pretty sure his agent said that the account was a fake and was not Burmistrov's.

cheswick 04-05-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High (Post 63367767)
I'm pretty sure his agent said that the account was a fake and was not Burmistrov's.

According to this article the agent responded to the writer saying that Alex didn't post anything like that so it must be a fake. The writer then responded with a link to the instagram page. Shortly there after the photos were removed.

http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2012/...ckout-2012-khl

jetsfan8 04-05-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbcwpg (Post 63367611)
Do people even read what is written before commenting. Not to nitpick, but the link is from the Sun. Lawless works for the WFP.

Ken Wiebe wrote it.

yes but the whole burmi story was created by gary
100% false and a made up story by good ole gary

wpgsilver 04-05-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbcwpg (Post 63367611)
Do people even read what is written before commenting. Not to nitpick, but the link is from the Sun. Lawless works for the WFP.

Ken Wiebe wrote it.


Thats the point...
Its (to some extent) refuting what Lawless has written.

Gump Hasek 04-05-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpgsilver (Post 63368535)
Thats the point...
Its (to some extent) refuting what Lawless has written.

What does it refute that Lawless wrote? Lawless didn't claim that Burmistrov wanted out but rather that there were issues between coach and player, and additionally that Chevy was taking inquiries about Burmistrov. I'm unable to find anything at all in this Sun article that refutes any of the preceding.

Turbofan 04-05-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gump Hasek (Post 63369889)
What does it refute that Lawless wrote? Lawless didn't claim that Burmistrov wanted out but rather that there were issues between coach and player, and additionally that Chevy was taking inquiries about Burmistrov. I'm unable to find anything at all in this Sun article that refutes any of the preceding.

Basically what we have here, is HF board members, making up stories about Gary, making up stories about Burmistrov.

peg 04-05-2013 03:59 PM

Whatever the story, I'm glad that Burmi is here. He is fun and exciting to watch with huge upside potential. Aside from a couple late turnovers when the whole team looked gassed, he IMHO was the best Jet on the ice last night.

winterpeg 04-05-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wings (Post 63370037)
Basically what we have here, is HF board members, making up stories about Gary, making up stories about Burmistrov.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psfbb9b4a6.gif

WE HAVE TO GO DEEPER!

wpgsilver 04-05-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gump Hasek (Post 63369889)
What does it refute that Lawless wrote? Lawless didn't claim that Burmistrov wanted out but rather that there were issues between coach and player, and additionally that Chevy was taking inquiries about Burmistrov. I'm unable to find anything at all in this Sun article that refutes any of the preceding.

Sorry, I should have said what Lawless stated on radio.

Around the deadline he made a comments along the line:
Burmistrov is not happy with his role (obviously)
Change of scenery may be best for Burmi and the team
Some comment about KHL flight risk
Doesn't get on well Noel

You're right, he never said Burmistrov wanted out.
I was reading into all the things he alluded which led me to believe given the choice he would get away from Noel and get a fresh start.

Duke749 04-05-2013 04:29 PM

What the hell?

sully1410 04-05-2013 05:11 PM

Good, now prove it!

KillEmAll83 04-05-2013 05:25 PM

I enjoyed watching his line with Tangradi and Santorelli. I think I only facepalmed once at something he did, which is an improvement. I was pleasantly surprised that he dumped the puck a few times rather than attempting to deke out 4 guys.

StronGeer 04-05-2013 06:05 PM

Wants to be here, doesn't mean he wants to play by Noel's rules.

Although I hope he does. For his sake and ours.

truck 04-05-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StronGeer (Post 63376405)
Wants to be here, doesn't mean he wants to play by Noel's rules.

Although I hope he does. For his sake and ours.

Same.

Although perhaps Burmi is onto something... Noel "trusts" Wright, Thorburn and Jokinen and they have been amomg the least effective Jets at both 5 on 5 scoring and goal prevention. Burmi had been pretty effective at both.

seasontixholder* 04-05-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StronGeer (Post 63376405)
Wants to be here, doesn't mean he wants to play by Noel's rules.

Although I hope he does. For his sake and ours.

Burmi will be here longer than Noel. So I don't think he's too worried about it.

JetsHomer 04-05-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truck (Post 63382569)
Same.

Although perhaps Burmi is onto something... Noel "trusts" Wright, Thorburn and Jokinen and they have been amomg the least effective Jets at both 5 on 5 scoring and goal prevention. Burmi had been pretty effective at both.

I know you're an advanced stats guy. Do the stats actually point to Wright being ineffective defensively? I've thought he's looked good in that regard.

truck 04-05-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High (Post 63383087)
I know you're an advanced stats guy. Do the stats actually point to Wright being ineffective defensively? I've thought he's looked good in that regard.

His numbers are really really bad, but I think that had more to do with his linemates than anything.

Seems like a nice complimentary piece to me, but not the type to drive a line with Thorburn into the plus.

Speaking of which, Burmi actually pushed Thor's Corsi from second last on the team into the plus. Didn't think that was possible.

garret9 04-05-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High (Post 63383087)
I know you're an advanced stats guy. Do the stats actually point to Wright being ineffective defensively? I've thought he's looked good in that regard.

The advance stats aren't very pretty for Wright when you look at surface level. I'll compare Burmi and Wright for you guys.

Wrights zone starts are about 50/50 and he faces slightly sheltered competition. Burmistrov is pushed into the ozone a bit and he faces middle of the road competition.
For RelCorsi Burmistrov has the best and Wright has the worst.
The only linemate to have a positive Corsi when lined with Wright is Peluso. Almost everyone has a positive Corsi with Burmistrov (I think there's only like 1 or 2).

That being said you can partially see why when you dig in deeper or just using what you see.
Wright is good at keeping the play from being dangerous due to his defensive acumen, much like Burmistrov, which you can see this by both having a pretty solid (and nearly identical in the 24s) SA/60.
But, he can't push the play forward well, unlike Burmistrov, and has never been able to create much in the offensive zone, which you can see by Burmistrov having a good SF/60 (26) but not so much for Wright (20).


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.