HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   OHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   *OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2013 Off-Season Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1396675)

Blind Gardien 04-05-2013 02:50 PM

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2013 Off-Season Thread
 
Thought it would make sense to reset to an Off-Season thread. The 8 threads/8,000+ posts of the 2012-13 season are an HFBoards OHL record. :)

Ottomatic 04-05-2013 03:06 PM

Where did Bennett Morrison play this past season?

We have an extra gold package to use to lure somebody over this off-season as well. Either somebody with #35 who might be considering NCAA route or one of our past draftees.

hockeylegend11 04-05-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ottomatic (Post 63370823)
Where did Bennett Morrison play this past season?

We have an extra gold package to use to lure somebody over this off-season as well. Either somebody with #35 who might be considering NCAA route or one of our past draftees.

He played at a hockey academy I believe in the States

PhlyerPhanatic 04-05-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 (Post 63371421)
He played at a hockey academy I believe in the States

Kent Academy

hockeylegend11 04-05-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic (Post 63371487)
Kent Academy

good get Plyer,remembered reading something about that could not be bothered
looking it up lol thx

Ottomatic 04-05-2013 03:47 PM

^Makes me think Morrison will be heading in the NCAA direction. Can't imagine he'd leave Kent Academy for St. Annes High School.

spitz fan 4ever 04-05-2013 05:20 PM

Ottawa announces it is going to take Travis Konecny with the 1st overall pick

OHLTG 04-05-2013 05:29 PM

I wonder if a kid like Noah Bushnell will find his way to Windsor in the second or third round? From what I've read, he seems to be the type that WR likes - big forward who can score and play physical.

Ottomatic 04-05-2013 05:35 PM

^Bob Bellacicco just did a spot on the kid - Warren said he'll go in the second, a Kitchener scout said he'll be gone by the end of the third. 6'2" 200lb 15 yr old seemed to get better as the year progressed. The local kids draft feature in the newspaper yesterday had him in the 3-6 round range.

http://www.forsehockey.com/Member/1305/Noah_Bushnell

20 points in 15 playoff games after putting up 28 points in 28 games during the regular season. All combined (along with tournaments played - 33 points in 20 games) and his line looks like -
63 games|39 Goals|42 Assists|81 Points

OHLTG 04-05-2013 06:00 PM

That's why I was wondering; saw the stuff about him. He seems like an ideal fit for this club.

KyGuy9 04-05-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OHLTG (Post 63377517)
I wonder if a kid like Noah Bushnell will find his way to Windsor in the second or third round? From what I've read, he seems to be the type that WR likes - big forward who can score and play physical.

I also hope Brett Primeau will go to Windsor. Goal-scoring forward ranked round 3-6. With all our top 100 picks, think we can nail a hometown kid?

And here's the local players and a little blurb:

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2013/04...for-ohl-draft/

hockeylegend11 04-05-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyGuy9 (Post 63379141)
I also hope Brett Primeau will go to Windsor. Goal-scoring forward ranked round 3-6. With all our top 100 picks, think we can nail a hometown kid?

And here's the local players and a little blurb:

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2013/04...for-ohl-draft/

I too would like to see the Spits draft Primeau maybe use their 4th rd or one their 1st of

2 5th rd picks on him

OHLTG 04-05-2013 06:20 PM

Wow, the kid looks just like a younger Brady Vail.

RayzorIsDull 04-05-2013 10:15 PM

We will see what happens I hope Windsor doesn't just reach for local guys and they're actually deserving of an early pick. Their local picks in the top half of the draft haven't been that good (Brassard-not with Windsor but hasn't really been a great power forward), Smith, and Studnicka.

big papa 04-05-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull (Post 63403865)
We will see what happens I hope Windsor doesn't just reach for local guys and they're actually deserving of an early pick. Their local picks in the top half of the draft haven't been that good (Brassard-not with Windsor but hasn't really been a great power forward), Smith, and Studnicka.

Studnicka and Kerby are best friends so that could be a reason why WR drafted him sence its all been about Kerby

Ottomatic 04-05-2013 10:33 PM

I figure Spits don't draft locals as a strategy to keep parents away from the gongshow atmosphere around the team.

KyGuy9 04-06-2013 08:38 AM

Sean Day went #4...

Libbs 04-06-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyGuy9 (Post 63417199)
Sean Day went #4...

You're welcome Mississauga!

TSBSoupsta 04-06-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libbs (Post 63418397)
You're welcome Mississauga!

Thanks.

Ottomatic 04-06-2013 09:41 AM

I love how Warren Rychel disassociates himself from the loss of pick penalty - like it happened by random chance, and he just has to deal with it - not that he is totally responsible for it.

Libbs 04-06-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ottomatic (Post 63418767)
I love how Warren Rychel disassociates himself from the loss of pick penalty - like it happened by random chance, and he just has to deal with it - not that he is totally responsible for it.

Rychel needs to stop passing the buck! He needs to take ownership over this whole situation, apologize to the fans, and promise to do better. Stop blaming all this on "bad luck", admit you screwed up and lay out a plan to move forward from all this crap.

Unfortunately Warren's ego won't allow him to do that. It's always going to be someone else's fault. :shakehead

KyGuy9 04-06-2013 10:01 AM

Noah Bushnell grabbed at #33 second round by Sarnia

KyGuy9 04-06-2013 10:05 AM

Windsor takes Ryan Moore

ErnieLeafs 04-06-2013 10:06 AM

Tiny kid.

Call me less than optimistic about this draft. This is going to sour folks even further, knowing Sean Day was our's to have.

Ottomatic 04-06-2013 10:06 AM

Moore seems a bit undersized 5'8" 150lbs. How soon before the Spits say he's not physically ready and hold him out half their games? Have to imagine they wanted Bushnell given Ho-Sang's going to need size on his wing.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.