HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Preds recall Austin Watson (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1398133)

Seth Lake 04-07-2013 09:55 AM

Preds recall Austin Watson

Didn't play for Admirals last night, so we knew this was a possibility...

https://twitter.com/coreypronman/sta...11756576829440

glenngineer 04-07-2013 10:06 AM

And the youth movement continues. Good for Austin.

alexmanu 04-07-2013 10:21 AM

Really happy for the guy, hopefully he takes advantage of this like Bourque and Beck have.

PredsV82 04-07-2013 10:42 AM

Excellent. I think this confirms that the org is realistic about the rest of this season. Let the young guys get some NHL ice time, let any vet with a nagging injury go ahead and rest. With no roster limit now and the ads pretty much hosed I would like to see us bring up jeremy smith and see hiow he looks agains the big boys so we can try to decide what to do with him this summer

BigFatCat999 04-07-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 63489575)
Excellent. I think this confirms that the org is realistic about the rest of this season. Let the young guys get some NHL ice time, let any vet with a nagging injury go ahead and rest. With no roster limit now and the ads pretty much hosed I would like to see us bring up jeremy smith and see hiow he looks agains the big boys so we can try to decide what to do with him this summer

Agreed. I'll be honest. I would love to see the Preds bring back Chet Pickard and see if he can get a second chance to be the Preds backup.

alexmanu 04-07-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Jeremy Smith has been totally outshone by Magnus Hellberg in Milwaukee this season. Chet Pickard had a nice season in Sweden, he might get a second chance.

preds1 04-07-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Agreed. Would be good to see what the kids can do with nothing on the line right now.

TMI 04-07-2013 11:12 AM

I feel like the rest of the season should be a dress rehearsal for some of these young guys. We aren't going to be making the playoffs, and that's fine. Let's see what we have before going into the draft/FA market.

I agree with doc on bringing up Smith. I don't think we bring Mason back (though I did add him into my line up in my roster thread). Too expensive for a back up who will only see a handful of games behind Rinne.

adsfan 04-07-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 (Post 63489621)
Agreed. I'll be honest. I would love to see the Preds bring back Chet Pickard and see if he can get a second chance to be the Preds backup.

Chet Pickard? You mean the guy who went an entire calendar year in the AHL without winning a game for a team that qualified for the playoffs both seasons?

I would rather have Calvin Pickard. He can stop the puck in this country.

adsfan 04-07-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 63490651)
I feel like the rest of the season should be a dress rehearsal for some of these young guys. We aren't going to be making the playoffs, and that's fine. Let's see what we have before going into the draft/FA market.

I agree with doc on bringing up Smith. I don't think we bring Mason back (though I did add him into my line up in my roster thread). Too expensive for a back up who will only see a handful of games behind Rinne.

Jeremy Smith has a leg injury. His return date is unknown. Hellberg is a more likely candidate as an NHL back up.

TMI 04-07-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adsfan (Post 63490949)
Jeremy Smith has a leg injury. His return date is unknown. Hellberg is a more likely candidate as an NHL back up.

Hey that works, too. How has Hellberg looked?

Sorry, I barely have enough time to keep up with just the NHL :laugh:

PredsV82 04-07-2013 11:48 AM

so who is backing up Hellberg?

Im not as sure as TMI that we wont re-sign Mason, or someone of his ilk, unless we know we have a decent backup coming up from Milwaukee.

I suspect Mason will be available for $1M or less next season, and it doesnt get much cheaper than that.

and this isnt the Mason homer in me, either. If not Mason then we need some NHL experienced backup unless we know Hellberg is ready for the jump

Byrddog 04-07-2013 11:54 AM

It will be interesting to see what lines Trotz puts out there and who he scratches.

Seth Lake 04-07-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 63492145)
so who is backing up Hellberg?

Im not as sure as TMI that we wont re-sign Mason, or someone of his ilk, unless we know we have a decent backup coming up from Milwaukee.

I suspect Mason will be available for $1M or less next season, and it doesnt get much cheaper than that.

and this isnt the Mason homer in me, either. If not Mason then we need some NHL experienced backup unless we know Hellberg is ready for the jump

Joel Martin was signed out of the ECHL and is backing up Hellberg while Smith is out.

Seth Lake 04-07-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byrddog (Post 63492469)
It will be interesting to see what lines Trotz puts out there and who he scratches.

Watson will be wearing No. 52 and is replacing Fisher in the lineup. Fisher did not make the trip to Chicago.

Joe T Choker 04-07-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLake (Post 63492797)
Watson will be wearing No. 52 and is replacing Fisher in the lineup. Fisher did not make the trip to Chicago.

He's done for the year, correct ?

https://twitter.com/JoshuaCooper/sta...49863858716672

Ouch, what a cluster **** of a season

TootooTrain 04-07-2013 01:10 PM

Bittersweet with all the injuries mounting, but very excited to see Watson in the NHL. Not sure if he'll stick right away, but this kid will be a solid impact player.

CalleJAMkrok 04-07-2013 01:40 PM

yeaaaah buddy. excited to see him play

INDhockeyfan 04-07-2013 01:55 PM

Good to see Watson up and playing tonight. We are done and there is no need to have Fisher out there playing hurt. Same with Gaustad. Let the kids play and see where they are in their development so Poile knows the moves he needs to make in the off season.

Hockeyfever 04-07-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INDhockeyfan (Post 63498939)
Good to see Watson up and playing tonight. We are done and there is no need to have Fisher out there playing hurt. Same with Gaustad. Let the kids play and see where they are in their development so Poile knows the moves he needs to make in the off season.

^^^^this

maplepred 04-07-2013 04:00 PM

Excited! I hope the kids do well but we don't win so we also get great pick in possibly top 8. Lol.

Next season is gonna be bomb for us!! Can't wait!

Jyrgen 04-18-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexmanu (Post 63489729)
Jeremy Smith has been totally outshone by Magnus Hellberg in Milwaukee this season. Chet Pickard had a nice season in Sweden, he might get a second chance.

A nice season? He made the swiss cheese look like a brick wall.

PredsV82 04-18-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jyrgen (Post 64170929)
A nice season? He made the swiss cheese look like a brick wall.

?? I apologize but I cant tell if you are trying to say he didnt have a good season, or he had a very very good season??

NoNecksCurse 04-18-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 64171629)
?? I apologize but I cant tell if you are trying to say he didnt have a good season, or he had a very very good season??

he is saying he had a horrible season

Jyrgen 04-19-2013 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse (Post 64179855)
he is saying he had a horrible season

It was an exaggeration of course, but Pickard is going nowhere. Couldn't cut it in the swedish 2nd league on a team that was looking to bounce back to ES.