HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Marleau (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1398641)

Audio Outlaw 04-07-2013 11:26 PM

Marleau
 
Serious questions.... I am concerned about Patrick Marleau.

What is the deal with Marleau? Why hasn't he been skating hard? He is not moving his feet to find open ice, he is not forechecking or backchecking well, he just seems to be floating around with minimal effort. He is knocked off of the puck so easily in the corners and down low. Could he be nursing an injury, or is it just a lack of effort and physical play on his part? Maybe it is just me, but it seems like he is not putting his all into it. Numbers aside, I want to see every player give 100% effort every game and I just don't see that from Marleau as of late. We all know how well he skates.... What is the problem if any in your opinions?

I think he may be getting bored, he might need a change of scenery. Should we try and get something for him while we still can? I'm starting to consider him a little gutless at this point myself....

Graveland 04-07-2013 11:27 PM

Doesn't know what to do without jumbo.

SharksAddict 04-07-2013 11:30 PM

Two best goal scorers on the team on the same line and neither one is scoring. Pretty obvious that line isn't working. They need to move one of them up with Burns and JT and drop Havlat down.

WTFetus 04-07-2013 11:34 PM

No player can give it 100% every game, that's unreasonable. As a whole, Marleau has been pretty good this season. Aside from today's game, he's still been good defensively. At some point though, he has to start producing again. I think Randy said today that Marleau has 4 goals in the last 20+ games.

I did notice that he seems weaker along the boards this year and can't protect the puck as well though.

Barrie22 04-07-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharksAddict (Post 63538267)
Two best goal scorers on the team on the same line and neither one is scoring. Pretty obvious that line isn't working. They need to move one of them up with Burns and JT and drop Havlat down.

Marleaus lack of points goes back to before he was taken off of thorntons wing, same case for pavs. But pavs has found his game centering the 3rd line. Marleau not so much.

Audio Outlaw 04-07-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTFetus (Post 63538447)
No player can give it 100% every game, that's unreasonable. As a whole, Marleau has been pretty good this season. Aside from today's game, he's still been good defensively. At some point though, he has to start producing again. I think Randy said today that Marleau has 4 goals in the last 20+ games.

I did notice that he seems weaker along the boards this year and can't protect the puck as well though.

Fatigue would make sense to me. I hadn't considered that. If that was the case, he shouldn't have logged 20+ minutes of ice time tonight. It really costed us.

On a good note: Got Burns, Vlassic, Hannan, and Havlat to sign my hat today after the game. :handclap::nod::yo::D

Mafoofoo 04-07-2013 11:46 PM

Unlike Thornton who can raise the spirits and skills of teammates around him even he himself isn't producing, Marleau just makes everyone uncomfortable with his blank stares and alien like blinking. He's also lost without Jumbo helping him out.

Phu 04-07-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mafoofoo (Post 63538901)
Unlike Thornton who can raise the spirits and skills of teammates around him even he himself isn't producing, Marleau just makes everyone uncomfortable with his blank stares and alien like blinking. He's also lost without Jumbo helping him out.

Lol well played.

OP the trade deadline is over. Discussing whether to trade Marleau is officially pointless until the season plays itself out.

Evincar 04-07-2013 11:52 PM

He really hasnt been good since the big scoring streak in the first 5 games of the season. It really sucks that Pavs has found his game, secondary scoring has picked up but there is still a passenger on the team.

If he has another no show in the playoffs, DW should trade him in the off-season.

Audio Outlaw 04-07-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juantimer (Post 63539023)
Lol well played.

OP the trade deadline is over. Discussing whether to trade Marleau is officially pointless until the season plays itself out.

It's not pointless IMO, it's sill worth discussing what to do with him in the future. I say we use him to move up in the first round. I like Patty, but I have seen enough of him over the past 6 seasons to be ok without him.

Gene Parmesan 04-07-2013 11:55 PM

Hes thinking too much.

Phu 04-08-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Last Outlaw (Post 63539211)
It's not pointless IMO, it's sill worth discussing what to do with him in the future. I say we use him to move up in the first round. I like Patty, but I have seen enough of him over the past 6 seasons to be ok without him.

It is completely pointless. 1) He has a full NMC, and 2) The rest of this season has a huge bearing on the pressure, ability or need to move him, not just as far as what our team does but what other teams do as well.

Mafoofoo 04-08-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan (Post 63539241)
Hes thinking too much.

About what? A sale on sweater vests at Nordstrom?

couturefan39 04-08-2013 12:28 AM

Why are you surprised? He has always been a streaky player.

Very overrated player.

TheJuxtaposer 04-08-2013 12:29 AM

Hey LZ, your people are calling you!

MarleauApologist 04-08-2013 12:37 AM

He's playing hurt. He's the best in the world.

Kitten Mittons 04-08-2013 12:40 AM

I think he's destined to play either with Thornton or Pavelski. He's worthless offensively otherwise.

Mafoofoo 04-08-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great 88 (Post 63540531)
He's playing hurt. He's the best in the world.

At being awkward maybe.

Negatively Positive 04-08-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons (Post 63540641)
I think he's destined to play either with Thornton or Pavelski. He's worthless offensively otherwise.

Gali-Thornton-Burns
Wingels-Couture-Havlat
Marleau-Pavs-Torres
Sheppard-Gomez-Desi/Burish

Audio Outlaw 04-08-2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by couturefan39 (Post 63540283)
Why are you surprised? He has always been a streaky player.

Very overrated player.


Streaky I can handle, Marleau has always been streaky. That is to be expected, what concerns me is lack of effort. He doesn't use his speed the way he could. It drives me nuts. Wingles was a madman out there on the ice tonight. You could tell early he was going to have a great game.

Juan - I knew he had either a NTC or NMC. I wasn't sure about which one it was. So even if he wanted out he is stuck?

Led Zappa 04-08-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 63540305)
Hey LZ, your people are calling you!

:laugh:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte...BzR1qm6s2g.gif

Barrie22 04-08-2013 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Last Outlaw (Post 63541125)
Streaky I can handle, Marleau has always been streaky. That is to be expected, what concerns me is lack of effort. He doesn't use his speed the way he could. It drives me nuts. Wingles was a madman out there on the ice tonight. You could tell early he was going to have a great game.

Juan - I knew he had either a NTC or NMC. I wasn't sure about which one it was. So even if he wanted out he is stuck?

no if he wants out he can waive it.

Phu 04-08-2013 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Last Outlaw (Post 63541125)
Juan - I knew he had either a NTC or NMC. I wasn't sure about which one it was. So even if he wanted out he is stuck?

You're not making any sense. This season has to play out before talking about trading Marleau makes a lick of sense.

TheJuxtaposer 04-08-2013 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Led Zappa (Post 63541133)

Related: is it possible for a mod to block this thread from showing up for PF?

Pinkfloyd 04-08-2013 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 63541223)
Related: is it possible for a mod to block this thread from showing up for PF?

Too late, sucka. Trading him would be stupid. He's in a struggle and the line has dead weight on it while not being the best in terms of complimenting skill sets. Swapping Havlat with Marleau or Couture will help the top two lines out.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.